The 3.0 Development Thread

I'll record it in MP3.

EDIT: It's in the attachment.

Attachments

• Federation.7z
    858.6 KB · Views: 76
They were in Star Trek Armada II, good a place as any to start looking for both ship models and a flag idea. This site has a very extensive modding community with a lot of ships and races for additional items: http://armada2.filefront.com/

Also, for future reference, this site:
http://www.flv2mp3.com/
Will convert any youtube video to an mp3.

I'm afraid I don't have the software for nif to nif file conversions, nor the ability to animate it. I think I can pull through the Voth with Grigari ships but I'm not sure yet. Species 8472 might have to go on hold until I can get assets for them (not only am I missing a bioship that I thought I had, I don't have a flag for them).

Sorry if this has been asked before (even by me), but have you tried (or consider) including St Matin's CAR mod in Star Trek or is that not feasible/practical? :confused:

I'm afraid I don't have the software for nif to nif file conversions, nor the ability to animate it.

Converting shouldn't be a problem. Blender and the needed scripts are free, and converting is easy. Just load a model in Blender, and save it with civ4 as setting.
An artist should then be able to get animations from FinalFrontier ships on them, if they somehow fit. But that's a bit more difficult.

Y'know, Afforess, a brilliant modmodder of Rise of Mankind figured out how to migrated Python Callbacks to XML tags. That significantly improved the speed of RoM. I'm wondering if you ask him and examine the sources he provided whether or not you can figure out how to convert python callbacks in this game to xml tags, so that the standard and larger sized maps would be enjoyable?

Hello together, I hope you won't mind my interruption, i recently have discovered this great Star Trek mod and it's really fun - there is a lot of passion in it! :goodjob:

I just had one big suggestion about the missing overflow production 'between buildings', please check once T-hawk's solution if it would fit for the Star Trek mod v3.0 and maybe even for v2.38 too!?
At least for Final Frontier the offered CvGameCoreDLL.dll (on the next thread page) has worked well during my last FF game.

I and probably many others too would really appreciate it if unused hammers would be be accounted (partially) for the next project, in a similar way as it already happens with units.
Thanks in advance! :)

Actually, the SDK implementation of this for 3.0 was done before T-hawk compiled the DLL for Final Frontier.

I can't really back-port the SDK changes done for 3.0 as many of them rely on numerous XML changes.
Thanks for your fast answer.

So, the matter about the overflow production will be handled in v3.0 !?

But there is no hope to ever get it for v2.38 !? :sad:

Time to make this official:
Due to TC01's work with Final Frontier, the huge delay it would cause to reimplement Star Trek around it (plus updates), my desire to eventually update the scenarios, and the long time it's taking to get 3.0 out, the following changes have been made:

-After 3.0 has been out for a while and had its patching done, 4.0 will be developed which will merge in TC01's changes plus update the scenarios to the latest base, as well as implement a few delayed features (more on that below)
-The scenarios scheduled for 3.0 have been delayed to 4.0, due to the scenario updating
-The updates to The Eugenics Wars will be done via patch or delayed to 4.0 (due to time)
-Some AI stuff will also be delayed to 4.0 due to time, as will random events (though I may start on the latter in 3.0's patches)
-Species 8472 will not be in 3.0 (though I'll see if I can get them in 4.0)

Seems bad, but it does mean that the only stuff left for 3.0 is:
-disabling a few more python callbacks
-new civs/leaders
-a few enhancements to Deep Space Nine

This should allow 3.0 to get done much sooner than it otherwise would be (it's already one of the biggest updates ever).

Most of the traits/unique wonders I'm happy with (but that doesn't mean that I might not change them if persuaded); there are a few that I haven't figured out but I have at least some effect for everything (though some I really want to change to something better, and some of the UWs are better suited as traits than UWs). I'll be posting about those soon.

New to the Startrek mod, and am reeeally enjoying it. My only problem (and you have already addressed this:), and by the sounds of it 3.0 will help dramatically) turn length around 90sec). Anyway, as soon as I stated playing the current version (2.38) I made a few mods to it myself (very easy ones) which you may like to consider. My premise for these mods is always to make each faction as balanced AND as differnt and unquie as possible. So in regards to this I changed the religious shrines to all be differnt, basing the changes (and their strenghths) on what type of religion they are. Ie the merchant one gives two merchants instead of priests, adds one trade route in each city and gives a +8 gold bonus. Now, in term of balance, and what each shrine gives, the above mods (and all the other chages I made to other shrines) are not really what is important, more, the idea that all the shrines should be unquie.

The other change that I made, was in terms of game length and unit costs (this may also have contributed to my turn lenghts, however) as I like 2000ish turn game,s with research and growth etc balanced for this. This then leads on to ships cost, where I always like the idea that, a galaxy class ship, for example is a big deal, and planets should not be able to pump them out every 3 turn (imho). So, from light V-VI, explorer VI, and both heavies, I increased costs and stats, and depending on which particular ship, added +1 to +3 extra gold upkeep (so the Inteprid class +1, Sovereign+2, tactical cube+3). Anyway that my two bobs worth, and I sure what is going on in version 3.0 will be great (and even if my ideas are particularly popular, they very easy to implement in my own version:).

Again, a really enjoyable mod. Are there any eta's for 3.0, or do you do any beta testing?

Cheers

Edit: My game is in the ST Galaxy map.

Top Bottom