The AI is ok? Really?! Then watch this.

Then again, I've heard from many outlets that the Press AI was way better, so what gives?

Azazzell - Sorry I haven`t more screens from this battle. It's been so long .. At the beginning of August

Damn. But has anyone got any from their current game?

Azazzell. Do you think they did it intentionally?

Firaxis? I don`t know :mad:
This is really weird, maybe when new patches something corrupted? ;/

Then again, I've heard from many outlets that the Press AI was way better, so what gives?

Hmmm AI in press is:
- more aggresive
- wisely builds new city (good search any new resources luxures and other)
- wisely builds Wonders (quickly)
- AI causes a lot of wars
- builds very trebuchets and cannons and next using them on the war!
etc.

I really do hope that what people are saying about the press release AI being way better is true because i do fear that this could do to the civ series what the bugs in gal civ 2 did to its series. I'm not going to say thats what will happen, but if its not fixed i do fear it. I mean what is the point starting a game when you KNOW the AI cant fight you, it sucks :(

From all the previews I`ve watched and from a friend who got his hand on the press release I can confirm that the AI is TIMES better then the official one.Naval assoults blockades good army strategy.Currently I can`t see this on the official release.Maybe on Diety but atm I`m playing king and I stomp on just about all the civs I encounter(Par Russia she is going all out on army building)

Been a lurker for a little while now. Not really had much to say but i thought i add my experience into theis thread.

Being as my computer specs are quite low i thought i'd start on a duel map and work my way up. On that duel map i was playing vs the Shonghai (african style culture forgive me if i have spelt it wrong). We were on one continent with a large mountain range in the middle with the only land access to each other by narrow strips of desert to the north and south. Monaco was founded on the north strip forcing players to either trespass, befriend them or go south. On my opponents side at the end of the southern strip was Edinburgh. Players could just squeeze past without trespassing.

(long i know but i like to set the scene) Edinburgh had the only coal on the entire map and so they were my allies (i needed the coal for my factories). Now the Shonghai decided that they too needed that coal and declared war on Edinburgh. I declared war on the Shonghai in retaliaiton. I had a citidel placed on the southern strip and i had gifted units placed in Edinburgh. The Shonghai were getting torn to pieces by the combo. So they refocused. They moved siege equipment (cannons and trebuchets) north towards Monaco. These were behind Longswordsman. 2 turns of barrages later the longswordsman took Monaco. They troops then started towards my unprotected northern cities, barraging and pillaging on the way. Thankfully i was out techinh him at the time, and had a suped up frigate in the area too to return fire. I was able to re-adjust and re-take Monaco, then since he had over-commited i marched to the capital and won the game.

Is this good or bad AI? It was on Prince level. (I'm just learning the new interface)

Actually it is pretty good.If only the AI I play against were that cool :( .I can say that when presented with fewer options the AI does tend to make better choices.Hmm something to think about.

Slightly related to the topic of the awsome AI:

Alex' units are in front of my coast and he says that i should withdraw my units ;)

Attachments

• Civ5Screen0000.jpg
    Civ5Screen0000.jpg
    208 KB · Views: 259
  • Civ5Screen0001.jpg
    Civ5Screen0001.jpg
    345.3 KB · Views: 673
AI in press version is totally different. AI is more aggresive and unpredictable.

A.I in Final Civ 5 - 5/10
A.I in Press Civ 5 - 8/10

:nuke::nuke::nuke::nuke::nuke::nuke::nuke::nuke::nuke:
So maybe it is hight time to write a petition to firaxis to make them explain this.
:nuke::nuke::nuke::nuke::nuke::nuke::nuke::nuke::nuke:

I played the demo as Greece and had Rome pretty much capitulating to me by turn 94. Immortal difficulty. He gave me two of his cities. :D

Is this the sort of thing I should expect when I receive the full game?

Screenshots below. (sorry they're massive)

Peace offer:
Spoiler :

Strat view, 2 great generals:
Spoiler :

I can't believe it!

I used a softer 4 letter word for poo starting with C and ending with P... and one of the moderators say i should watch my language?! Is this supposed to be daycare?

P.S. I can use the word poo, right?

LOL

Lol, youtube LPs. Cute.

Yeah, who in the name of hell would ever do a video Let's Play of Civilization V? Jesus Christ, you can't really Let's Play this game, people.

YouTubers are so freaking stupid.

gah i turned off that youtube video off after 3 seconds.

Anyways from my own experience, my first game on civ 5 (full game) was on prince and i was playing with iroqouis, i pissed off the ai civs by settling right up thier jacksee, i only did this because there was no iron where i started, but before i could build any swordsmen i found myself under relentless assualt. There is nothing wrong with the ai, in general. There are some bugs, of course, and the ai can be a bit thick at times, but it can mess you up if you let it.

"youtubers are soo freakin stupid"

For you information, they are there to showcase the game which i imagine you might think is a good thing? And to show people who are maybe less able but who want to improve their gameplay by watching someone who could kick the AI ass on higher levels.

LOL in the 3rd video at the peace offer from the Ottomans. Here's TMIT doing his best to guide new players into the game, giving it a chance, and it's spoiled by some pathetic AI performances.

Watching it, I was really interested in how the new stuff worked out, and how irrelevant it all proved to be, because the AI declares war so poorly and declares peace so quickly.

Top Bottom