The BUG mod + Next War?

Which version of BAT do you have installed? The link you referenced says it needs BAT 2.1. There have been radical changes to BAT as of version 3, so it definitely won't work with BAT 3.0.1.

I honestly have no idea if this will work, since you're using Steam. Unfortunately, we are unable to support every configuration of Civ, since we can't test for every type of installation. We're also unable to support other mods which use BUG or BAT in some way. There are simply too many of them.

My advice would be to contact the modder that made the Next BAT War mod, and see if he/she has any suggestions on how to make this work with Steam.

Please post back and let us know if you were able to find a solution, as there still might be something that we can help to make it work, but we need a little more detail, please. :)

ok, i'll try to send a pm to the user that create Next BAT War.

i've try both BUG 4.4 and BAT 3.0.1

the steam installation create the Documents\My Games\Beyond the Sword folder like the standard cd install.

the game folder are located in steam\steamapps\common

the BUG 4.4 mod is working fine with the Steam installation, but it only works when i start a new game with the standard Civ4 BTS with no mod active.
when i try to start a new game with Next War and only the BUG 4.4 installed the game show no user interface, and it's impossibile to play:sad:

i think that if the BUG works ok with a steam installation, it's possible to have it working ok with Next War... but i'm a common civ4 user only, i've no ideas how modding anything :D

ps: sorry for my bad english :crazyeye:

Cammagno merged BUG with Next War a ways back (I don't remember which version of BUG), and you should be able to find it in this thread. The problem is that it has its own custom Python which interferes with BUG.

@mqduck was not seen here in the last nearly 2 years :shifty: I also plan to combine the BUG Interface with the Next War Python code and looking for some reference!!
Is somebody here who can upload Next BAT War once again ??? the download link is broken.
Or help me with the code please!

I have problemes to get the code working in CvGameUtils.py
Code:
    def cannotConstruct(self,argsList):
        pCity = argsList[0]
        eBuilding = argsList[1]
        bContinue = argsList[2]
        bTestVisible = argsList[3]
        bIgnoreCost = argsList[4]

# player can't build an arcology if they have shielding or advanced shielding
        if eBuilding == gc.getInfoTypeForString("BUILDING_ARCOLOGY"):
            if pCity.getNumRealBuilding(gc.getInfoTypeForString("BUILDING_ARCOLOGY_SHIELDING")) or pCity.getNumRealBuilding(gc.getInfoTypeForString("BUILDING_DEFLECTOR_SHIELDING")):
                return True

# player can't build shielding if they have advanced
        if eBuilding == gc.getInfoTypeForString("BUILDING_ARCOLOGY_SHIELDING"):
            if pCity.getNumRealBuilding(gc.getInfoTypeForString("BUILDING_DEFLECTOR_SHIELDING")):
                return True

return False

I have enable
<Define>
<DefineName>USE_CANNOT_CONSTRUCT_CALLBACK</DefineName>
<iDefineIntVal>1</iDefineIntVal>
</Define>
in the PythonCallbackDefines.xml but the code is not working.

BUG have an own handler for GameUtils called BugGameUtils.py, please can you help me to get this code working with BUG !?? :bowdown:

I get i CANNOT_CONSTRUCT_CALLBACK ................. WORKING !!!

K-Mod/BUG Mod do not load the CvGameUtils by default :eek::mad::mad::mad::mad: you need to config BUG about it !!!

add code to Assets\Config\init.xml
Code:
  <gameutils module="CvGameUtils" class="CvGameUtils"/>

and yes the callback needs to be enable in Assets\XML\PythonCallbackDefines.xml as well.

Sorry for the necro bumb, but all the DL links are down, does anyone know if there is a working merge of BAT or BUG of any version and Next War? Thanks.

Not that we are aware of. A kind user might upload the files if they still have them. Hopefully, someone will see your posts. You could try asking in the general modding forum...

Hmm, yeah, been looking for a Next War/BUG or BAT merger as well. Incredibly strange how BUG can't run with it. Where does the conflict between Next War and the others lie, exactly?

Top Bottom