The Camelot Times

greekguy said:
The foolish Byzantine people stood up to our power and will now pay for it when Mayan, Portuguese, Japanese, Hittite, and Chinese armies march on their land.
I find that funny. The Byzantines foolishly declared war upon us, and as punishment for such dastardly acts, they will fall to the Mayans, Portuguese, Japanese, Hittites, and the Chinese... :lol:

Peace With The Netherlands

by: greekguy, wartime reporter​

Peace has been signed and the war with the Dutch nation has come to an end. It was a long, hard fought war, which greatly reduced Dutch power and made us the leader of the world based on score. During the war, our armies captured all major Dutch cities, leaving them with the small, meaningless cites of Leiden and Delft. Our armies were led to victory by our excellent Commander of the Armed Forces zyxy. His brillant attack plans defeated the Dutch in battle after battle. Our esteemed External Consul Bertie, then negotiated peace. In exchange for 41 gold and agreeing to spare them, the Dutch in turn, gave us the notions of Monotheism and Fedualism. Now with the Dutch out of the way, our armies moved against India, taking most of what's left of their country. Once we decimate what's left of their nation, we will have the entire subcontinent to ourselves and continue on to world domination, by means of culture of course.

----------------------------------
Editor RoboPig: could i start writing articles for other topics, since no one else has written in a while and i want the newspaper to stay strong and talk about all the issues. Namely trade and foreign affairs.

Another War... Another Victory... a Nation Destroyed?!?!

It is true, our mighty armies have attacked again. This time it was a second attack on India, which ended with the demise of the Indian nation. Our brillant Commander again organized amazing attack plans, which spelt doom to the Indians in a mere two turnchats. The Fantannian army invaded and took/razed the Indian cities Bangalore, Karachi, Kolhapur, Jaipur, Hyderbad, Bengal. We also retook Delhi, which we conquered in the 1st Indian War, but traitors eventually took over the town and we lost it in a cultural conversion. Our armies were particulary cruel, looting and pillaging the city and killing all the traitors. Now with Ghandi out of the way the entire subcontinent of FanDutchIndania (it needs a name) belongs to the mighty people of Fantannia. Also, our forces participated in a campaign to attack two French colony cities. One division, Steven's Swordsmen, which is renowned for bravery, skill in battle, and stunning good looks, (just like the guy who sponsered the name) was so successful in battle, the Millitary Great Leader Edward emerged. There is now talk all over our country how to utilize Edward and our amazing, incredible, exceptional, unit Steven's Swordsmen.

Excellent work greekguy, note to all reporters, lets try and get some more articles going now that the term is ending, I off course will be doing election coverage again and I am thinking about adding in a somewhat frequently updated commentary on the nominations process.

-Mhcarver
Editor in Chief

Any plans for the Term 4 election coverage?

Dear Editor,

How are you? I am fine. How is Mrs. Editor and all the little Editors? I hope they are alive and well.

Now that the chitchat is out of the way, I'd like to bring up a problem I noticed last Sunday. I logged into the TC at approximately 1000 (10 am) local time (EDT). The first turn was already in progress. It took almost 9 hours to complete the session, until 1900 (7 pm, for those who have problems subtracting 12). May I suggest that TCs be limited to five game turns instead of the present 10?

Thank you for your patience and say hello to my mistress the wife for me.

Sincerely,
YNCS

well, this term saw very few contested elections but the few that were contested were quite interesting.

President
This race became an open seat when President Furiey announced that she would be unable to seek a second term. The first candidate to announce was Vice President and former Infrastructure director Chieftess . it appeared as if the race would go uncontested but was marked by the last second entry of former commerce director Octavian X. There was very little debate to speak of and the only thing that even appeared like a platform was chieftess stating that we needed to push into several foreign nations. CT also pitched her past experience as VP and other leadership experience. Octavian's campaign was marked mainly by him stating that he would make some standard pledges and was only running to prevent an uncontested election.

Culture Minister
In this race former Resource and Technology consul candidate, frequent drunkard and grumpy letter to the editor writer Classical hero handily defeated deputy minister Vikingruler to win the open position. Both candidates pledged to increase the culture of our nation. One major point of Vikingrulers campaign was to attempt to build libraries in every city. This was contrasted by CH's campaign that focused mainly on making sure that cities were protected militarily. CH's victory may be attributed to his pro-military stance and his hilariously intoxicated letters to the editor.
more to come in a few minutes

Governor of Fanashire
In perhaps one of the most lackluster races new citizen Double stack defeated former culture and domestic minister Moth. This would normally be shocking but not so since MOTH quickly announced that he was voting for his opponent. This complete amount of apathy may be a formerly popular official was beaten so badly in this election.

Public defender
This was perhaps one of the most shocking and scandelous elections in our nations history. In this election two time external consul candidate and reputed crime lord nobody defeated incumbent PD Black_Hole , who was seeking his fourth straight term on the court and third as PD. The race was characterized by poor work by voter and candidate intimidation by alleged nobody crony el sancho diablo. Diablo himself publicly threatened to kill anyone who didn't vote for nobody and allegedly sent a letter to BH threatening to kill him if he didn't drop out of the race. Nobody congratulated his opponent by threatening to kill him and the 38% of the voting populace that didn't vote for him. This could be a very interesting term on the new court

More to come later

Nobody congratulated his opponent by threatening to kill him and the 38% of the voting populace that didn't vote for him.

lol i made the papers. (reporters should watch what they report if you know what i am saying)

Nobody said:
lol i made the papers. (reporters should watch what they report if you know what i am saying)
it's not a good idea for mob bosses to have questionable roles in the murders of their bosses, if you know what I mean

Where Will the Conquering End?
by: greekguy​

That is the question everyone is asking right now. Throughout the past 2 weeks the leaders of our great nation have being saying our country will soon shrug off our warlike ways and adopt a more cultural attitude toward the game. But the question that is still unresolved is, where will the conquest of other peoples stop. So far, the popular spot has been the tile where the city of Gordium stands at the moment. It had quite a bit of support, until recently. That would be when the Persians lost the city to the Byzantines in a war. Our nation had not planned to attack Byzantium this whole game. Now that Gordium is in the hands of a country other than Persia, people have being puting forth suggestions of other places to stop at. Some plans have less land to be taken, whilst others call for even more territory to be stripped from our foes. The final decision is bound to be soon, since we have entered the Industrial Age, started the foundations of a "railnet", and plan to start a massive culture buildup.

More Nations Succumb to the Might of Fantannia

by greekguy, wartime reporter​

Another round of wars has netted us a good deal of land and the "integration" of Portugal and China into our empire. These two nations have been fully conquered by the splendid Fantannian army. China, through a string of several wars, had been reduced to two cities, Tatung and Beijing. These cities were quickly captured when we lined up our rifle-wielding Cavalry next to their cities and attacked. Portugal had only three cities when they were at their maximum height of power. When we attacked they controlled only two, Lisbon and Guimaraes, which were again sezied swiftly with our superior cavalry. At the same time the we were also at war with the French. They were considerably larger, and thus more difficult to conquer. But once again the will of Fantannia pervailed, and their defenses toppled before our armies. Now the once mighty French country has been reduced to a useless, small, desolate colony city, Chartres. Additionally, the Byzantines have once again challenged the power of Fantannia foolishly declaring war. We refuted their foolhardy demands of famous Fantannian wine and they in turn declared war. This war might experience some combat, but expect it to be mostly bloodless.

World War!!!

That's right, World War currently grips the globe. The War of course started with what seemed like an isolated incident. The Byzantines demanded, foolishy, for famous Fanatannian wine. Our leaders of course refused the ridiculous offer and the Byzantines in turn declared war. At this point no one else was involved in the conflict, until the Fanatannians decided to sorely punish the Byzantines for their insolence. Our nation were able to convince France, Hittita, and Maya to ally with us against the Byzantines in this war. The Byzantines were now surrounded on all sides by enemies and were swiftly collapsing. Theodora then decided to use some of here swindling Byzantine merchant tricks and enlisted the Mayans to thier cause. Now the sides were Fanatannia, France, and Hittita vs. Byzantium and Maya. The Maya's landed a stack of death in our territory and it was quickly decimated. From that point forward our enemies were on match for our army. The forces of Fanatannia razed the Mayan towns of Trebizond, Tyre, and Salamanca and captured the Byzantine cities of Gordium and Persopolis. Theodora was desperate at this point and decided that it was time again to run to other nations and enlist help. The Hittites turned against us and joined the Byzantines and Mayans in the war. Only France had stayed loyal to our cause, but they are a mere city-state. Will our powerful forces be able to combat the combined forces to the world? Only time will tell.

CIVIL WAR
The day we had hoped would never come is now upon us, the lands of the great nation of Fannatania are now in the grips of civil war. In the past few days former public defender/current Chancellor and now definite mob boss Nobody launched a power bid to take over the government. After his ascension to chancellor nobody declared the judicially appointed President Stuck as a Mac to be incapacitated and immediately ordered a state of martial law and issued questionable arrest warrants for all members of the judciciary, likely attempting to cause a popular revolt against the controversial amendment that allowed the judiciary to fill a vacant presidency.

The revolt can generally be listed as being split into three sides, the executive branch is headed up by the chancellor himself and is also notable for his alliance with the former culture minister Classical hero, he is opposed by the Judicial army, headed up by Chief Justice civgeneral that has the support of all the judiciary and more elected officials, most notably doublestack, a governor who has been able to sway several provinces to the JA , most notably the capital province. The third side in this revolt would be the mercenaries such as culture deputy Vikingruler who seems to be selling out to others.

From a military perspective this revolt is anyones guess. Through his declarartion of martial law the chancellor appointed himself head of the military, seemingly giving him total control and an unbeatable victory, however Judicial sympathizer Greekguy, who is currently leading the external consulate and once lead the domestic department has been able to get large numbers of workers and members of local militias to sympathize with the judicial branch making the two armies split roughly 50-50. With JA forces closing in on Camelot(the only city they don’t totally control in fanashire) it has been reported that the chancellor has or will flee the city by unspecified means and may go to the frontier city of gordium, where anti government sympathy runs high after the governments attempts to mow down the city. While fighting in many regions of the nation has been bloody and inconclusive it appears that the outer regions have more Chancellor sympathizers whereas the opposite is true for the older provinces. Will the executive branch abolish the judicial? Will the JA restore order? Or will Fannatania be irreparably split by this bloody, painful war?

BREAKING NEWS
the president has escaped from his captors in the EA and has become the new official head of the JA, Chief Justice Civgeneral, a former leader of the armed forces who has shown the ability to inspire his men during past conquests of India and the Netherlands will head the army in this time of civil war

By the way in case their was any questioning of whose side I’m on nobody, classical hero, you’re both fired.

I'm hoping to see some of the DG7 planning reported here. Most people don't care to much for constitutional efforts, and this would be a perfect place to summarize whats going on, without having the read long posts.

Strider said:
I'm hoping to see some of the DG7 planning reported here. Most people don't care to much for constitutional efforts, and this would be a perfect place to summarize whats going on, without having the read long posts.

that sounds like a good Idea, I'll try to write something from time to time but if you want to submit something then I would encourage it

If you need any help mhcarver, just ask me. I'd love to help with any writeups/summaries.

This paper is Judical Propaganda. Push forward by the Impearil Anti-Democratic Judical Rule Nazis. They seek to turn our once beloved Democracy into a Autocracy of Pain. Ruled by a 3 man council of Law! With a pupet Leader in Stuck_in_a_Mac. They no nought but hatred and the stink of it consumes the livelyhood of our fair citizens. Infact the there surposed "Public Defender" has already stripred the Rights of our citizens declareing and i quote "I won't defend these Criminals" while the Executive forces have always stated that the constitution is the Ultimate law in Fantaania and these Girlymen are not. We also stand beside our corrupted leader SAAM and hope he will come to his sense. Our forces and Ready to launch a large scale campagin against then enemys of the democracy and the CIS will enjoy interrogating there familiys.

Removed XCL

Top Bottom