The Camelot Times

The Dutch Holocaust
by vikingruler, Domestic Affairs Reporter​

As our mighty army continues to claim Dutch cities in the name of Fantannia, we have to deal with the captured citizens. In light of the fact that our government will soon be changing, our leaders have decided to use their despotic authority one last time. This will be achieved by brutally whipping the Dutch infidels to death, to hurry production. Improvements such as temples will be finished in record time thanks to the mass whipping. City revolt will also be prevented due to the lack of resistance.

President
An Open Presidency! In a shocking announcement to the Fannatanian people in the center of Camelot Square President Daveshack, the only leader our republic has ever known announced that he would step down, thus creating the first open presidency in our history, and with a virtually invisible Vice President, no clear successor. This race centered around three candidates, Infrastructure Director Chieftess was the first to announce her candidacy and quickly gained an edge in fund raising. The next Candidate to announce was controversial and flamboyant Chief Justice Provolution, who may have been considered a favorite at one point if it had not been for his being jailed by the secret police, thus ruining his candidacy. But neither of these candidates was able to match wits with citizen Furiey. Furiey, a relatively unkown citizen entered the race at the filling deadline and with a promise to provide information to the people easily was able to use her oratorical abilities to defeat both of her opponents decisively winning with 58% of the vote, in fact she did such a good job that Chief Justice Provolution quickly conceded the race to her.

Commander of the Armed forces
In perhaps one of the most silent elections one of the most shocking results was achieved. In this election to term incumbent Civgeneral , who had easily won two previous terms as leader of the armed forces was unceremiously removed from office by voters in favor of relatively unkown citizen ZYXY by a 58-35% margin. Though CG did not do a poor job as leader as evidenced by our nations ongoing expansion there was a general feeling among the populace that a new leader was needed to keep things fresh after two terms. Not mentioned by any voters may be the switchgate scandal which though not critizised publicly could have in some way hurt CG’s election chances

Chief Justice
In this open race to head the highest court in the land President Daveshack defeated frequent dissident and controversial citizen strider by an almost 2-1 margin. Both candidates each advocated changes in the way that CC’s were processed but differed on the issue of how our Government should be ran with the President in favor of keeping our constitution while Strider favored changing it to what he referred to as a “traditional style”. DS also disagreed with strider on the issue of whether a CJ should be allowed to propose amendments and refused to take a pledge not to. This terms court should be drastically different than the previous one.

Judge Advocate
In this race to replace the retiring JA Ashburnham Camelot Times Owner/Editor in Chief and perennial candidate Mhcarver easily defeated the relatively unkown Curinfwe with a vote percentage in the high 70’s. Carver ran a somewhat better campaign pledging to show a backbone and actually win on his third try.

External Consul
The race for External consul was marked by Deputy/acting consul Bertie receiving a mandate from the people to a full term. Bertie had been acting as external consul since the resignation of popular consul Mad-Bax(now the Governor-elect of fanashire) when he cited a lack of influence by the office. Bertie marked his term as the not external consulate by following up on a significant number of mad-bax’s policies and doing generally effective work. Bertie ran against rumored crime boss Nobody who ran a campaign with generally similar objectives but differed with him on several other points. With Voter approved amendments giving more power to the external consul this will be an interesting term

Resource and Technology Consul
Regent man joined Civgeneral as one of the first two elected officials to ever be turned out of office by the citizenry. In this race popular citizen Rikmeleet won the race by a desisive margin with 57% of the vote, beating out incumbent consul RegentMan and third time candidate truckingpete who each had 17%, Acting Camelot Times editor robopig placed a distant fourth with 8% of the vote. RikMeleet ran a campaign that criticized the previous RM administration for neglect and poor planning of the nations long term goals. He advocated increasing the nations luxury tax and overthrowing the government to better suit its needs. Regentman did not formally respond to these accusations but did issue statement that argued for waiting to see what other nations technology was like and lowering the science rate in the event of a second war. Though RegentMan did vastly differ from the first R and T consul he was generally similar in other methods of philosophy the election of Rikmeleet may mark a drastic change in the nations attitude toward R & T policy.

Culture Consul
Newly Psychotic militant and former R &T minister Stuck as a Mac defeated Journalist Vikingruler by a 56-43% margin. Both candidates each generally agreed that the nation was in more need of things such as monuments in order to become a more affluent nation that would have a strong influence on world affairs based entirely upon it’s greatness. The two differed on the issue of whether or not enemy cities should be burnt to the ground in order to make our culture appear better. Stuck may have been helped by the fact he was well known by the people of the nation for his previous works wereas Vikingruler has only been the reporter on Domestic affairs for about one term. This term could be very entertaining if the new culture minister decides to go for a wonder and ends up having to argue against Fanashire Governor elect Mad-Bax who has already stated he is against the building of great cultural monuments.

A Letter to the Editor.

Dear Sir or Madame,

I would like to point out that there should not be a mention of a switchgate scandal. I have worked hard to regain my old reputation from being draged in the mud in DG4. I do not want to see any mentions of the switchgate scandal. I do not wish to see DG6 as another Demogame that has my reputation draged through the mud again. I do wish to keep a clean reputation so that I can have a sucsessfull election.

Sincerly,
(A very angry) Cyborg Surface Marshal, CivGeneral

Not mentioned by any voters may be the switchgate scandal which though not critizised publicly could have in some way hurt CG’s election chances

now i just want to know what switchgate scandal is

Apparently it did not influence CG election chances since most do not know or remember.

Where's the rest of the election coverage? :( I love the election coverage.

greekguy said:
Where's the rest of the election coverage? :( I love the election coverage.
sorry I've been busy lately , I have added three more races and will be adding in the last contested race along with a brief synopsis of the uncontested ones tommorow

-Mhcarver
Owner/Editor in Chief of the Camelot Times
Judge Advocate Elect

RoboPig said:
that would be when CG went from pro-dutch war to pro-india war.

And I dont want any more talks about that and do request that the paper remove referances regarding the switchgate scandal, some how my letter fell on deaf's ears. I was still pro-dutch and still am, but under sercumstances beyond my control, the External affairs was the one inchage of who and when the war is declared.

I do intend to return for the Military Elections or Governorship of a province for term 4 and yes will uphold my election promises.

Originally Posted by RoboPig
that would be when CG went from pro-dutch war to pro-india war.

it wasnt as if CG choose who to attack, he worked at the pleasure of the people and the people decided to attack the indians first, he carryed out the job very well

mhcarver said:
RikMeleet ran a campaign that criticized the previous RM administration for neglect and poor planning of the nations long term goals. He advocated increasing the nations luxury tax and overthrowing the government to better suit its needs. Regentman did not formally respond to these accusations...
I didn't respond because I didn't know that the criticizations existed... Can anyone point them out to me? :hmm:

RegentMan said:
I didn't respond because I didn't know that the criticizations existed... Can anyone point them out to me? :hmm:

look here . Yes I know it is a stretch but this is not meant to be taken seriously and is a attempt to analyze an election from the perspective of a political pundit so I do take things and contort them to the extreme. I apologize if I have offended anyone but this I how I like to write these things and I won't change something simply because some dislikes it. I personally don't dislike any of the candidates but this is analysis and I am looking into the campaigns and what they are. If it is truly horrible then a mod should delete it

-Mhcarver

hey mhcarver, good work. Why be shy we got colofrul candidates....
I think I have a higher tolerance here than some weaklings, but then again, I am the one receiving the least divine intervention by default.

I don't want you to change it, mhcarver. I was merely curious as to where the criticisms were. I personally don't see those as critisms, thus we have a difference of opinion. No big deal. I love your election articles and hope that you keep them coming, with both good and opposing views.

Former President Daveshack and ex- Judge advocate Ashburnham speak out against relocating capitol
In a public debate about relocating our nations capitol former Judge Advocate Ashburnham and Daveshack strongly spoke out agains the dastardly plan to re-locate our capitol soly based on numbers with complete disregard to any kind of capitol. I am in full agreement with my former JA candidate archrival

their responses reprinted:

ashburnham said:
Looks like I'm the minority here, but I'm extremely against building a new palace. There's more to government than simply rooting out corruption. That's what the FP is for. Let's build that in a central location and be done with it. Moving the capital is, in my mind, an extremely gamey and unsporting move. Should America move their capital to South Dakota? Should China move their capital to the Gobi? It's simply not something a responsible government does. Let's not forget, we are trying to simulate a real government.

There's history in a capital. There's tradition. There's the feeling that no matter how for we expand or how much we advance, this city was our foundation, our rock. Rejecting all that simply because it will net us a few more gold per turn would be a great diservice to the cultural roots of our nation. Let's not forget, this is Camelot we're talking about. The mythical court of the greatest ruler in England's history. Arthur was the paragon of all that English royalty aspire to, and Camelot is an embodiment of that fact. Removing the palace from Camelot is tatamount to killing off the only ties to our civilization we would have.

Don't let this happen. Don't sever the roots of Fanatannia solely for the sake of being gamey.

Daveshack said:
Moving the palace is even more of a waste of resources than building an Ancient Age wonder. We would be spending those shields for a slight change in corruption, in a small number of cities at best. A MGL would be better used on completing the FP, a small wonder, or building an army, and a SGL had better be used for something important like Leo's, or Smith's. If we hand build, I would estimate (don't feel like looking up the shield costs ) that city could have a temple, library, market, aqueduct, cathedral, and university for the same cost!

-Mhcarver
Owner at large

Dutch War Update
by: greekguy, wartime reporter​

This is an update on the progress our great nation has had in their conquest of the Dutch people. So far there have been some major successes, along with a few minor setbacks. Over the course of several decades, we blitzed the Dutch for several cities. Our mighty armies took The Hague, Groningen, Rotterdam, Haarlem, Utrecht, Maastrict, and Holwerd. These cities were promptly renamed something less Dutch (in order): The Black Hole, Sebadoh, Chaos, Skye, Halls of Mandos, Regentham, and Strider's Haven. After that things started to slow down. As our forces we assembling for an all-out attack on the Netherlands' biggest cites, the enemy starting poking holes in our defenses. First, a stack of 3 workers were caputured, after the brave swordsman divison died defending them. Next the city of Auchtermuchty was captured by a spearmen who slipped through our defenses and took over the empty town. Next, the town of Sebadoh "flipped" to the Dutch, due to an overwhelming majority of foreign nationals who supported the culture of their homeland. These setbacks however, were paid for in Dutch blood, when our Main Attack Force struck into the Dutch heartland and razed Arnhem to the ground. That's all from the Dutch front, but there are of course other wars to talk about. Our nation is still engaged in a "phony" war with the Persians, due too the fact they are to far away to attack us. Also we have signed many Millitary Alliances recently with several nations against the Byzantines. The foolish Byzantine people stood up to our power and will now pay for it when Mayan, Portuguese, Japanese, Hittite, and Chinese armies march on their land.

Top Bottom