The Celts

I mean where in the XML folder for the civ along with the other folders; Civilizations, Leaders, Traits, those sorts of things.

I mean where in the XML folder for the civ along with the other folders; Civilizations, Leaders, Traits, those sorts of things.

Eh? I mean, if you want to give a civ custom beliefs, you need to edit the beliefs, not the trait. The trait is only there to determine whether or not the civ ONLY has the custom beliefs, or if the custom beliefs are simply mixed in.

G

I'm trying to do the latter, that the civ has the custom beliefs, but I'm have a Hell of a time trying to figure out where to put the text to let it happen.

Getting back into this, and tried a game as the celts in the 24/2 beta patch, wherein I noticed that Bran (the 25% growth + 1 culture in each city) pantheon was giving the growth and culture correctly, except that the culture was being distributed nationally, not locally, so cities could not use it to expand their borders.

This contradicts the text of the pantheon, I think. Should the pantheon text be clearer about the culture being national? Or should the culture be distributed locally?

"Cities with your Pantheon or primary religion generate nor receive foreign Religious Pressure."

Does this mean that Celts neither generate nor receive foreign religious pressure, or that Celts generate but do not receive foreign pressure?

In either case the language needs to be adjusted.

"Cities with your Pantheon or primary religion generate nor receive foreign Religious Pressure."

Does this mean that Celts neither generate nor receive foreign religious pressure, or that Celts generate but do not receive foreign pressure?

In either case the language needs to be adjusted.

You need to send or receive missionaries to gain or distribute followers to or from foreign nations.

Is there anyway to allow the Pictish Warrior's Faith on kill ability to stay on upgrade? I don't seem to see any promotions that would give the ability.

Would this be too powerful? UU not keeping unique traits annoys me for some inexplicable reason.

Is there anyway to allow the Pictish Warrior's Faith on kill ability to stay on upgrade? I don't seem to see any promotions that would give the ability.

Would this be too powerful? UU not keeping unique traits annoys me for some inexplicable reason.

Weird that you're annoyed by this specific case where the pictish warrior keeps most of its abilities on upgrade, while there are other unique units that doesn't get to keep anything.

On topic: Yes it bothers me like crazy as well but people didn't really seem to care the times I tried bringing it up so I gave up on it.

Weird that you're annoyed by this specific case where the pictish warrior keeps most of its abilities on upgrade, while there are other unique units that doesn't get to keep anything.

On topic: Yes it bothers me like crazy as well but people didn't really seem to care the times I tried bringing it up so I gave up on it.

I've only recently began giving feedback and yesterday was my first time playing Celts.

Apart from a description error on its UA when you pick a Civ, that has been the only thing that has felt off about the Civ so far.

I have been peeved a little by non-upgradeable promotions on UU when I've noticed them, but I can't recall what units they are. But you are right, I, too, dislike UUs not keeping their special promotions.

I've only recently began giving feedback and yesterday was my first time playing Celts.

Apart from a description error on its UA when you pick a Civ, that has been the only thing that has felt off about the Civ so far.

I have been peeved a little by non-upgradeable promotions on UU when I've noticed them, but I can't recall what units they are. But you are right, I, too, dislike UUs not keeping their special promotions.

Mayan UU loses it abilities too. Been playing them lately and that is the only down part of this civ. I don't understand why certain units keep their abilities and some don't. Is it because they would be too powerful. I mean Aztec Jaguars keep their promotions and those are some great promotions.

Mayan UU loses it abilities too. Been playing them lately and that is the only down part of this civ. I don't understand why certain units keep their abilities and some don't. Is it because they would be too powerful. I mean Aztec Jaguars keep their promotions and those are some great promotions.

Because they're unique units, not unique unit lines. In most cases 'unique' promotions do not carry over - some do, but not all.

G

Because they're unique units, not unique unit lines. In most cases 'unique' promotions do not carry over - some do, but not all.

G

Okay. I totally understand this from balance point of view. Aztecs need their abilities whereas Mayans are top tier no matter what.

Okay. I totally understand this from balance point of view. Aztecs need their abilities whereas Mayans are top tier no matter what.

I don't remember the last time I actually saw the Mayans performing well, but I guess they aren't doing as badly as the Aztecs anyways :D.

Personally still think this is a boring and unfair design choice (if it even is by choice) there are like 4 or 5 unique units that actually keep no abilities when upgraded, the rest of them all keep at least some.

A little question concerning the Ceilidh Hall and the ivory bonus never? apprearing. I propose some solutions :
- Add a préhistorical era so we have a chance to find mamouths
- Paint the celts in black and move them in savanna
- Give them a shovel

Else you can change th bonus to +50 culture, it will be the same :D

It gives a bonus to Ivory because it replaces the circus which gives a bonus to ivory.

Ok, thanks did not see that, sorry.

You may add a bonus on truffles for the Celts, and the shovel to get them :)

I'm still convinced that the UU is too strong for early game. I've had it happen multiple times (recently tried on Emperor too): I steamroll the barbarians. I mass-tribute city states with ease. When I DoW a neighbor they are no match for my Pictish warriors.

I believe this UU should be moved up to Bronze Working because I really don't see a possible counter to these Pictish warriors and it's making the early game an extremely easy snowball opportunity

Top Bottom