The Civ V Expansion Wishlist v2.0

snipperrabbit!!, I like your ideas, although I probably would just say "Turtle" instead of "P'anokseon". I feel Firaxis isn't really big on technical distinctions and would prefer a known thing if it exists and is reflective of the Civ.

Hwarang could be interesting (name could work and ability could work). By any logic whatsoever, it's overpowered in your version. It has the Chinese special ability and a bunch of other stuff too. I think the other stuff is reasonable overall (even if a tad undramatic).

I think Snipperrabbit!! was trying to tell you panokseon and turtle ship were two entirely different vessels, not the same ship in Korean and Anglicized versions :)

I'd like to see the first major expansion focus on city-states and other political aspects of the game (like making puppet states into new city-states instead of just a city that's yours but isn't quite yours). Maybe bring back the 'colony' mechanic too.

I like Sonereal's idea of fragmentation when the capital is taken.

Here's a civ idea or two:

Vietnam
Leader: The Trung Sisters
UA: Guerilla Warfare - all units have +1 movement points in your own territory
UU: Marine Infantry (Replaces Crossbowman); +25% combat/ranged combat bonus if fighting next to a coastal or river tile
UU: Viet Cong (Replaces Infantry); +25% withdrawal chance from combat

Turkmenistan/Timurids
Leader:Tamerlane
UA: Silk Road - +3 gold output from Trading Post improvement
UU: Turcoman (Replaces Knight) - +50% combat when fighting in or near a city tile
UB: Caravanserai (Replaces Market) +1 trade routes in city

I think Snipperrabbit!! was trying to tell you panokseon and turtle ship were two entirely different vessels, not the same ship in Korean and Anglicized versions :)

Either way, I'd go with Turtle. More commonly known and easier to pronounce.

Top Bottom