Votes: 3 1.7%
  • Red Sea´s

Votes: 3 1.7%
  • Sahel

Votes: 6 3.5%

• Total voters
Nope!

Great scenario, I'm really enjoying it.

But what's up with the Mauryan empire? Why is the leader's name "Gupta Cart"!? The other leaders sometimes refer to him as "Cart". As an amateur history buff who's studied ancient Indian history, I've never heard that variation of names before. What am I missing?

Nope!

Chandragupta would be correct, but I thought maybe Yoda knew something I didn't.

Also, the Carthegenian leader is known as "Asoka." Maybe it's coincidence, but Asoka was actually a powerful emperor in ancient India. Is there a second Asoka I'm not aware of?

But again, those are just minor details. I love the scenario; great job.

About names-I think Asoka should be the Indian leader. Cart was a substitie for a name I couldn't find. I must have switched them by accident. Quite funny no one noticed before now, afterall the scenario is more than a year old:p

Nope!

emu, are you making the scenario in Conquests?

If so, then I think it would probably be best to make the following leaderhead changes:

Nubia: Race_Arabs
Daam't: Race_Sumerians?

Also, you could probably use the new unit images for the UU's and maybe use the Portuguese or Hittite leaderhead for the scythians.

-Yom

One more suggestion....

Maybe you could make a special impassable terrain called "Sahara" that would replace most of the desert west of Nubia, North of the Sahel, and South of the cost. (Note: I say most, because i don't mean ALL the desert should be "Sahara, just enough so that there's only enough desert on the fringes to have 1 or 2 cramped cities).

The impassable concept would work with problems with expansion into Russia too, you could make an impassable "Taiga" terrain that would cover at least the border of Russia so that civs couldn't freely expand into it. Tons of Barbs would work, but they'd leave their camps and infringe on Med civ's expansion too much.

Nope!

I want to see this one update, I will enjoy a few hours more.

@The Last Conformist: What do you mean? Negusa Nagast = King of Kings in Amharic, the language of Ethiopia. What's Negus Negesti

@Yoda: Are you sure you can't flag additional terrain as impassable? If not, you could always flag desert as impassable, rename it to sahara, and make a new terrain labeled as desert that is not impassable.

@emu: You can probably use Hittite leaderhead for Parthians and Temujin leaderhead for the Scythians (apparently their race is not quite sure and hotly debated, but it is likely they came from the Altai Mountains in Central Asia, near Mongolia).

Originally posted by Yom
[B@Yoda: Are you sure you can't flag additional terrain as impassable? If not, you could always flag desert as impassable, rename it to sahara, and make a new terrain labeled as desert that is not impassable.[/B]
I think giving desert the impassible flag is a good idea. But what do you mean with "a new terrain"?

Can't you create a new terrain type in the editor? If not, then just ignore my comment about a new terrain type and replace deserts that should be passable with plains (I assumed you could do it since they made a "rain forest" terrain in the Mesoamerica conquest that was impassable, but I guess they just renamed the regular forest terrain and made that impassable).

Yes they just renamed the forest in the Mesoamerica conquest:)

BTW im starting a new scenario about the Persian Empire.

In that case....you should make the desert terrain impassable, and change some to plains (i.e. Libyan coast on Mediterranean Sea, parts of the Gobi desert). Also, if it becomes a problem, you could make all of Siberia Tundra, and make Tundra impassable (which it probably should be anyway).

Top Bottom