The Coalition of Citizens

New player, and a little (read: a lot) confused.

A few questions I have...

1.) I registered for the Democracy group and have been accepted. Am I correct in believing that all this allows me to do is participate in polls?

2.) I'm a little overwhelmed with.... well, everything, so would like someone to point out the basic threads I should start with. Currently with the nominations/elections, multiple ministries threads, polls, and tons of other stuff I'm a little lost as to where to begin. I have already read Strider's 'Help' thread.

Currently I'm at that stage I'm so overwhelmed at all the information pertaining for this type of game that nothing is sinking in. The game sounds fun, I just need to find something to build a foundation with.

Thanks for any imput. If you prefer not to clog this thread up feel free to PM me.

Edit: My questions are regarding the Civ4 Demogame, which I believe is different than the sub-forum this thread seems to be in. My apologies.

Methos, welcome aboard.

Yes, you are now a member of the Democracy group. That was all you had to do.

This is my, along with many other people, first time. Just find something you're interested in (like one ministry or one cause) and get involved with that. Don't worry about being involved with everything. You can just gradually start adding more things you're involved with. I felt the same way when I joined in December, and now I'm involved in most things. If you have any questions, just ask. Most people are willing to help you out.

You posted in the right sub-forum. Here is where citizen groups of the Demo game get together. It is also where the RPG is played. The RPG is played inside the Demo game, so all of our characters only have the technology that the Demo game has. The only sub-forum that doesn't follow the Demo game is the Muti-Team Demogame forum. This is where we play a different game where instead of everyone playing as one leader, we split up into teams and play against each other with no AI. That game hasn't started yet (we're waiting for the next patch), so you still have plenty of time to join that game.

Welcome Methos

Read a few of the threads, then vote in the elections. after about 2 weeks of following along you will get a better feel for it. Then just jump in where you want to get involved.

Something GeorgeOP left out...IF you would like to join the multi-team demogame..we are looking for some more members on Team Aloha.( GeorgeOP how could you forget to recruit..)

Another question:

Where is the current game save for the Democracy game? According to the Turnchat Schedule/Summary Thread thread it looks like the last time anyone has played was in February? I know we are not allowed to play the save, but are we allowed to look at it?

Thanks GeorgeOP and Robboo for your help, though I must admit I don't believe I could get into the RP part of the game just yet.

Methos said:
Another question:

Where is the current game save for the Democracy game? According to the Turnchat Schedule/Summary Thread thread it looks like the last time anyone has played was in February? I know we are not allowed to play the save, but are we allowed to look at it?

Thanks GeorgeOP and Robboo for your help, though I must admit I don't believe I could get into the RP part of the game just yet.

The most recent save can be found in this thread. There is also a good amount of screenshots in that thread over our current events.

Although, if you just want to look at the save and find out that way. Click here

benjyweller1991 said:
i would like to join as a new player

Welcome :)
Be sure to sign up here and apply for access, gives you an ability to vote in polls :)

also if you wish can take part in the rpg forum here if your into that kinda thing.

A overwhelmed new player right here with one question - are there any multiple team games active in CIV IV now?

there is a multi-team demogame around here, and our site competes in a inter-site competetion but i don't know anything about both of them (btw I never saw this thread before)

@ Mods: Shouldn't this thread be moved to the citizens (or general) demogameforum instead of the RPG forum

Pharod said:
A overwhelmed new player right here with one question - are there any multiple team games active in CIV IV now?
Here are three links for civ4 multi team games.
This the sign up for the civ4 ISDG (intersite game) at CFC. There are 14 sites competing. 7 teams in 2 games. Though I'm playing with another site :p I will give you CFC's sign up page.
CFC team sign up page

CFC civ4 MTDG. 5 teams playing against each other at CFC. At about turn 18 right now.
Civ4 MTDG

A little discussion about how each team operates is in this thread.
Team background. IE My team Team Piffle is comprised of a bunch of anarchists. No laws. :D

There's also a 2 games going in C3C if you're interested. The ISDG finals in the late AA, though CFC has been eliminated. There's also the MTDG at CFC which is in the early MA . Both have these have been a lot of fun. There are some public thread in the C3C forum with each team's newspaper MIA International Tribune, The Donghnutian Gazette, TNT's Ironic Bible and my team's paper The Crazy Eye.

Click Here

They are very funny and some of the team members have joined together again in the civ4 game.

Ah, think I will also join up in the civ4 MTDG at CFC, I will have continous questions about everything but will probably get the hang of it by myself without bothering you too much...
Thank you

Top Bottom