The Crusades (European Middle Ages)

@Drtad
Byzantines should see the territory what was once theirs, at least that was how I intended. Anyway I will check all these things (reveal, contact) again and also change Armenia and Georgia to Orthodox.

Thx for the city list idea, I will most certainly use it. First: can you give me a few city names for the Armenian Kingdom of Cilicia? :) I have a nice enough map of Georgia from wikipedia, I will use some names there for the georgians.

@Ceritoglu
I hope you will like it, but as you can see from the discussion here, there are still a few things to be done. Especially for the large map, which is much harder to balance. Don't hold yourself back in giving feedback! :)

Here is a map of Lesser Armenia.

Attachments

• Cilicia.bmp
    344.9 KB · Views: 197
Your scenario is 1100-1300 but TimurLenk reigned around 1400.

Why don't you put in good old Genghis Khan and his Mongols, as these two centuries are historically their golden age. As for the others, All the muslim sultanates of the region were destroyed by Mongols in mid 13th century. So I think Mongols would be more relevant than the Tatars.

Just chipping in :)

Craig_Sutter said:
WB can place cities. In WorldBuilder, in player mode (the World Builder opens in this mode), select the buildings tab... the first button is "found city".
Thx!. I wouldn't have noticed it on my own :eek:
You made my life a lot easier for the upcoming scenario :D

Nice work!:goodjob: I'll check it out now.

HolyOne said:
I'm really curious, as WB can't even place cities. I have to place the settlers and found the cities manually for every civ.

In the ingame WB to place cities directly, open the player tab that lets you place units/buildings and choose the buildings tab. The first icon is a city and will let you plop them down directly. :)

I played the new version a bit and it is much improved since the last version. The addition of city lists is a nice addition. Orthodoxy in Georgia and Cilicia and made it historically accurate, and the militaries are much more balanced. Nice work! The only thing that is kind of annoying is when the Byzantines found Athens on the Dardanelles and when the Turks found Yerevan and Baku in Anatolia.

Jeckel said:
In the ingame WB to place cities directly, open the player tab that lets you place units/buildings and choose the buildings tab. The first icon is a city and will let you plop them down directly. :)
I have already been enlightened about that. Thx, anyway :)

Drtad said:
The only thing that is kind of annoying is when the Byzantines found Athens on the Dardanelles and when the Turks found Yerevan and Baku in Anatolia.
Well, this is the sh*t with civ. AI found cities with whatever name comes next on the list. It's a bit confusing, but we can do nothing about that. Even if a "map-compatible" city list (like no Athens) is given, AI would still mix things up. The only solution, I saw, was in Rhye's mod, where he scripted certain tiles, to generate names accordingly.

Yeah, the only way to fix that would be if Rhye's city placement name-mod thingy was done in worldbuilder and not python.:sad:

could Serbia be included into some middleages scenario... she has large part of Balkans in that period...? You have Serbia mod as playable Civ, and Car Dusan as its ruler... with a good relations with Byzantia

Everytime I try to run Large Crusades, it crashes on like turn 3. Any ideas?

I will check out the new version and upgrade the scenarios, and finish the new one, of course. Unfortunately, I had a windows reinstall and I haven't put civ4 back, yet. I will try and get some time to do the updates soon.

And sorry for not being responsive recently!

Top Bottom