The Deity Challenge Line-up #42 - Portugal

Have you replayed this map for SV? If so, what was your win time? If not, would you expect SV to be faster than your Diplo win? This map has excellent players (Redaxe, GenuineRisk) only a little under T300.

Thanks Beetle but you overestimate my skills lol - I only got through that map because I had peaceful neighbors. The production deficit was a real handicap for me - if it was Shaka or Monty I would be dead meat. And realistically I lost to Brazil in tourism - that carnival thing is crazy - I'd love to be able to play Brazil like the AI can in Diety.
And I only finished within that time because I borrowed nearly 10,000 gold from Brazil to rush spaceship parts - you see how I had 400gpt in gold income, I spent nearly all that in loans to rush buy about 5 spaceship parts.

Spoiler :

Spoiler :

Science Victory -- could have won like 25+ turns sooner but wanted to right some wrongs in the world (kept last part in capital while my military engaged in some liberation).

Spoiler :

I think one Civ on the island with
Spoiler :
Greece
was reduced to 1 city? Was mostly liberating CSes, though -- got war declared on me and they conquered my CSes on the other side of the world. And this was from like 2 months ago, not really recalling some of the details at this point. Very belated posting.

^^ Oops, I forgot about them, as I mixed up their color with color of the civ you named.

Please spoiler full size maps and civ names.

Whoops, forgot to spoiler image, was posting stuff to like 5 DCLs.

I went ahead and spoilered the Civ name, but I'm kind of doubting it matters at this point -- or more specifically, someone who doesn't want it spoiled would not be reading to page 4 of this thread before playing.

4 Cities, Open Full Tradition, Explo opener, Full Ratio and Freedom.
Spoiler :
In the first 50 turns I had wars with both Netherland and Brazil. Managed to steal four workers and grab good cities positions. Great start, couldn't be better.
Than just growth to space.
Main mistake was chosing freedom instead of order. I like it to much :). It seems to me far better than Order (even if it had been shown to be worse).
However, I ended up with crapy world relations. A lot of wars with everyone up till the end. Only Netherland (freedom pal) as an ally. I had to resist some important attacks. In the process I spent plenty of resources and lost many turns.

Here is the final screenshot with my core empire:
2016-02-14_00001.jpg

Probably with order (I sholuld try), keeping many DoF (and so RA) I could have finished by 30 turns earlier.
Thuogh, it is my first DCL Science victory. All vicotry conditions now... can't wait for Storm update... :)

Top Bottom