The drawing thread

Yeah, it's all pixel art.

Eh, pixel art might be a bit retro, but there's plenty of games still using it. It's especially popular in indie games now as well.

An update:

Ok, here are a few that I don't think I have posted (at least to this level of completion) in CFC before, but they all are a few years old. Unfortunately, I'm almost not drawing at all these last years...

Regards :).

Cool stuff fred!

Here's something i tried recently:

In an effort to revive this thread, here's a finished piece:

Here's an update on a portrait thing:

Here's some tower-shields:

Enjoy!

The guy's left eye is drooping too much (compared to the original picture) but I'd still pay a few dollars¹ for these paintings.

1: Zimbabwean

btw your older pic is… unavailable?

Unfortunately i had to delete some stuff :/

This thread really needs to be more active... here's some stuff:

You could always do an animated version of my avatar… and I've been thinking of a few variants for it/him, they should be fun to post here. ^^

Bigger, more detailed versions of some of the characters i've been making recently:

Still pretty much a WIP...

Also Tak, i might try my hand at your suggestion, probably not a literal version however

I could always ride a red-shelled turtle… maybe I should join the DYOS crowds.

I approve.

I'm honestly surprised there aren't more of these. I can count all the dogedoges I've seen on one hand, the above included.

A drawing I started back in November and finished in March. Today I was finally able to scan it in. Looking at the drawing on my computer, it's much worse than I thought. This is the first time I tried to draw expressions, and many of them are just bad. Even on the better ones I can see things wrong, like the eyes looking too big (although I did try to make them look more animal) It's also the first time I used eyebrows. I couldn't think of what to do for the fringe, so I left it out.

So... update time:

Map thing for a potential game i may or may not make:

Animations:

Archer:

Warrior/Shieldsman:

Some previous designs (I have since changed the body so all of these are obsolete, but might as well include them):

And this, to chart how far i've come in the last year or so:

So when's the alpha demo? :mischief:

This is the first time I tried to draw expressions, and many of them are just bad.
OK, I am seriously starting to wonder if you're deliberately having us on. I mean, I have family members that are almost as self-critical, but there is no way that someone who spends this much time on this quality output can't see it for themselves. This is the first time you've done expressions? I wish I could get mine looking half as natural.

So when's the alpha demo? :mischief:

OK, I am seriously starting to wonder if you're deliberately having us on. I mean, I have family members that are almost as self-critical, but there is no way that someone who spends this much time on this quality output can't see it for themselves. This is the first time you've done expressions? I wish I could get mine looking half as natural.

I can't spend that much time on drawing. Even when I get the chance I'm really slow as I find it hard to see what I'm drawing.

All the expressions I've drawn have a lot of mistakes. The eyes and ears change size, shape and position, and the head changes shape. The only one that comes close to looking better is the thinking expression at the bottom.

So more game stuff:

Still working, all very Work In progressish.

Update:

Those trees are beautiful.

Top Bottom