The DYOS Consul (DYOS XI: 2009-2013)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love that shot with Hickten. It almost makes me forget he's been a total sod in this war.
(Un)Fortunately, he still has Schäffer.

By the way, I was looking over teh TV Tropes article and I noticed on the discussion page someone has an interest in writing a character page. I'm not getting involved in that, but I can help table a response here, and you can sort it out amongst yourselves.

A character page would be good.

I'll only need a few characters to be listed. Myself, Rhiza, Rosalina, Tama, Chuck the Freaking Alien and Marth & Martha Shepard.
Perhaps Laes could fit in, but he's barely had as much time as the others.

That's not much compared to what everyone else (CivGeneral) has, right?

I love that shot with Hickten. It almost makes me forget he's been a total sod in this war.

When I went to make that pose, the image of Thorvald exploding in joyness comes to mind.

By the way, I was looking over teh TV Tropes article and I noticed on the discussion page someone has an interest in writing a character page. I'm not getting involved in that, but I can help table a response here, and you can sort it out amongst yourselves.
Ditto on that part. There are even characters that we imported already have there own character pages in there respective series

That's not much compared to what everyone else (CivGeneral) has, right?

No, most of em are imported characters. Not originally made like Marsha, Tina, Hickten, Nikita Brezhnev, Amanda, and Myself. I would count out Rosalina because she is technically imported from Mario.

So that would mean Chuck the Freaking Alien would still be in, since he's a Grunt, not a named Grunt from the Halo series.

Yes, he would still be in. Same with Tina Hitachi (Who's model is actually Kasumi from Dead or Alive), Marsha Conrad (Who's model is actually Jessica Cannon from SiN Episodes), and Amanda Lockheart (Who's model is actually Zoey from L4D).

Speaking of Amanda Lockheart. I have yet to make a wiki for her :sad:.

A general announcement. Sometime this week, I will be packing up my Gmod resin sets for distribution at the same time I finish the resin of a certan tank for two factions (I've already made three reskins of the tank in question and will be included in the republic vehicles section) The package will include the HL2 beta rag dolls.

I'll still be sticking to filefront even though the site automatically deletes the file after One month w/o download.

Please let me know if you want any other models to be included. The tentative plan is to include:
CivGeneral Set (Includes: Marsha Conrad, Ayane in STARS outfit, Tina, STARS Coach, Amanda Lockheart, and various Handguns with the STARS emblem on the grip and various melee weapons)
Republic Vehicles
Coruscanti Officers (Both field and uniformed)
Two surprise vehicles
STARS Jeeps
HL2 Beta Set
German Set (Contains the Venom soldiers from Wolfenstein and the model used for Hickten and Richtofen)

Nothing for the Stylesrj set?
Just in case someone wants to put my characters in their G-Mod comics?

Or if I get a job, then my own pay and then I'll go and buy G-Mod along with the DLCs for Mass Effect 2 and perhaps purchase Fallout New Vegas... then I might use them.

Rhiza is likely to be a stand-alone ATM (Still getting the skin tone on Tama). Since I mainly use the HL2 Asian citizen with the Sniper's head band from TF2 for you and Rosalina can be acquired from a Mario package in Garrysmod.org

Or if I get a job, then my own pay and then I'll go and buy G-Mod

That depends, do you have Portal, Team Fortress 2, Counterstrike Source, Day of Defeat Source, Half Life 2, or HL 2: Episodes 1 & 2? I'd recommend getting the Garry's Mod + Counter Strike Source package since there are custom maps that depend on models and textures from that game.

That depends, do you have Portal, Team Fortress 2, Counterstrike Source, Day of Defeat Source, Half Life 2, or HL 2: Episodes 1 & 2? I'd recommend getting the Garry's Mod + Counter Strike Source package since there are custom maps that depend on models and textures from that game.

I did have Portal, but I don't know where it went, so this time I'll get The Orange Box... they're cheap these days and not nearly as rare as Metal Gear Solid (any of them) yet...

But that's a long-term plan, as I still have to get a job.

I commented at TVTropes. I'm neutral about the idea, anyway.

Holy crap!! Amazing Photoshop work there!

YOU HONOUR ME!

My rule of thumb for a character page would be: focus on original, fairly high-profile characters. The contributors are obvious, the supporting cast not so much. Commercial characters should be avoided except where they are especially distinguished, i.e. differ greatly from the source; I'm thinking chiefly of Breen. Some of the more 'cult' living figures (Baghdad Bob, Ahmadinejad) might also be worthy of mention.

By and large, tailless gives the right idea.

Commercial characters should be avoided except where they are especially distinguished, i.e. differ greatly from the source; I'm thinking chiefly of Breen.

That is my thought in general also...

And umm...

Shyly peaks over the table
Not to steal any thunder, any requests you want for the models pack I am planning to whip up?

Tailless said:
Looks like DYOS X.ii is entering a new chapter. Time for some overly-dramatic posters...

Woah... I wish I could photoshop like that!

Thorvald said:
Commercial characters should be avoided except where they are especially distinguished, i.e. differ greatly from the source;

So where would Rosalina fall under? She is the Rosalina from Super Mario Galaxy, but with more backstory, like being in X-COM, having weapons skills, a bodycount and also being an ace lawyer.

If you think about it, there's a lot of divergence from the source there.

Can you make sure to put Brezknev, some Nazis, a version of Valorum with a working face, and a bunch of stuff you've used recently on it?

Can you make sure to put Brezknev, some Nazis, a version of Valorum with a working face, and a bunch of stuff you've used recently on it?

He's already in the Half Life 2 Beta (Breznev uses the model of the Counsul in HL2Beta)

Well, however you spell his name. I couldn't find a model of him when I tried looking a few months ago, so could you just put the one you have on the pack? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom