The Entire Thought Experiment

Ah Crete....very nice...I haven't been there since I was a teenager. I assume you toured Knossos.

I got it. Sorry for being slow.

I'm having a look now. I will be busy today but I can do a PPP tomorrow night.

Ah Crete....very nice...I haven't been there since I was a teenager. I assume you toured Knossos.

yeah sure :) it was very nice, but if I understood it right, it was kinda fake ;-) with evans building tons of stuff and not leaving it original.

PPP
give Guangzhou to Qin. (variant)
Promote Belisarius to blitz. (variant)
Delay GP in Beijing to get one out of Kish.
Hangzhou will work workshops to complete the national epic.
Change to slavery, free market and some other religion? civic next turn. I could stay in pacifism but it is probably better with theocracy or OR and then have a new GA when we have grown our cities with biology.
Research steel. Then go for biology and medecin while whiping cannon to but on the native american border.

We are building cottages still around Uruk, it does not have food to work them. Better is building farms and workshops and we can have use for them after biology and sid sushi.

Stop if we get declared upon. How long should I play otherwise?

Thanks for the PPP. :)

I'm undecided on the matter of Guangzhou given that I can see reasons for both hanging onto it and gifting it back. I'm happy enough to see it go if that's the way the roster sees it, but I can see it being salvaged by Sid's Sushi in terms of fending off the culture from Memphis. I'll let others make the call.

Blitz requires Military Science.

'Yes' to Kish before Beijing.

I'd whip a Forge into National Epic, and then later a Harbor into National Epic when we get our old civics back. Workshops for the next turn is fine by me.

I like Free Religion - having neighbouring Boudica at anything less than 'pleased' has me a little edgy. If the roster wants to stick with Judaism, that's OK, but I'm just a bit wary.

Steel > Medicine is fine by me. I guess Lincoln and Shaka might be chasing the Great Scientist from Physics rather than the Great Spy from Communism (?) ... is it worth taking a shot at Communism for the Great Person?

I assume Ironworks in Beijing, or did we prefer Nanjing with its levee-watermill-workshop-farm potential?

I still like Bantu for the Forbidden Palace after the Forge is done.

Is there a city preference for Wall Street - Corporate HQ?

What do we do with Great Scientists if we pop them? Are they all destined for Golden Ages?

I think great scientists are just inferior to great merchants. I would be using them for golden ages.

I will have to look at the ironworks question tomorrow morning. We can build wall street in any city. We will just found sid sushi there.

I have no idea whether Lincoln and Shaka will want physics or communism first. My guess would have been on communism. I was also thinking to wait with buying astronomy to get it for defunct techs from Qin.

Free religion is fine with me. I would have liked us to stay friendly with Boudica the entire game but it was probably better to get the pacifism bonus in the currently used cities. Only problem with free religion is that we will not be able to change into pacifism again.

I think we should put the ironworks in nanjing. Nanjing will soon have more hammers then Baijing.

As for the forbidden palace. Bantu or Beijing works if we plan to annex China. Otherwise they are kinda not that good. Assuming we are annexing china I would go with Beijing.

I'm ready to play tonight. How far should I play?

If we're putting Ironworks in Nanjing, then I am 'less unhappy' to see Beijing as a Forbidden Palace candidate, however it has Maoi, so it can't have any more National Wonders if Forbidden Palace goes there. Again, I see the Forbidden Palace as an 'area of effect' National Wonder, and rarely opt to place it in cities where other National Wonders can work well. There's my . I've not done a potential :hammers: count on Beijing vs. Nanjing, but with that said, it would be good to have two strong production sites for our Spaceship.

I don't believe that we have any particular plan to attack China again.

You should aim for 10 turns, but if you think that a better stopping point is after 'say' 13 turns then stop there. Also, you can stop mid-turnset if you want to seek the views of the roster.

Ok, sounds good. I do not think we should have the forbidden palace in Beijing or Bantu if we are not attacking china again. We would be better of putting it a few cities south from Bantu.

I got stuck doing other things yesterday, but I will play today. Any more comments to the forbidden palace?

Done.

We are still in a good position.

Boudica asked me to stop trading with Washington. I accepted.
Washington asked me to stop trading with Boudica. I rejected.
Shaka asked me to declare war on Washington. I accepted.

Proposition to stop trading with Boudica failed.

Got steel, 19 cannons, biology and a GE.

Shaka has constitution. We should probably get it from him. Then get corporation, medicine and railroad.

Attachments

• Elizabeth AD-1525.CivBeyondSwordSave
    359.9 KB · Views: 74
  • Civ4ScreenShot0084.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0084.JPG
    301.2 KB · Views: 65
  • Civ4ScreenShot0085.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0085.JPG
    296.1 KB · Views: 67
  • Civ4ScreenShot0086.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0086.JPG
    301.9 KB · Views: 70
  • Civ4ScreenShot0087.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0087.JPG
    304.9 KB · Views: 117
  • Civ4ScreenShot0088.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0088.JPG
    290.5 KB · Views: 58
Having Shaka at friendly is always a good thing. Boudica is also happy with us.

War with Washington should not cause us any problems. And now we can easily bribe Shaka to attack Lincoln if/when we are attacking him.

Chinas culture in Chengdu expanded and now Beijing is in risk of revolting. I whipped a hermitage and started to run artists to try to save the city.

Thanks for that. Interesting turnset or two coming up.

I must say that I'm astonished at the Chinese cultural pressure - really starting to re-think whether Sitting Bull or Qin Shi Huang should be the target!

Roster;

vranasm
pigswill
astre
Folket
lymond << Up
Sengir << On Deck
Cam​

Got it. Sorry, SGOTM has been keeping me busy. I'll get to this over the weekend

If we want to pick on China we'll need astronomy for frigates and galleons, we can part research then trade, delays medicine a bit.

hi i'm back.
We really need to attack china.
astro could help quite a bit
we can get it from boudi with eco + chem vs astro + switch to FR ( to make other people less deslike her) + money.
that could be interesting.

btw, sitting bull will have MT in 4 turns!
but he doesn't have horses :)

we have quite a lot of trebuchet, they can be upgraded for only 80 gold each. let's sell some techs to upgrade them.

If we pick on Qin we might have to consider SB being bribed against us, nothing that a few cannon+junk can't solve but worth considering.

We can bribe Shaka against SB to keep our flank safe.

Top Bottom