1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Photobucket has changed its policy concerning hotlinking images and now requires an account with a $399.00 annual fee to allow hotlink. More information is available at: this link.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Dismiss Notice
  7. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

The Faces of NES #3

Discussion in 'Never Ending Stories' started by Turner, Sep 21, 2006.

1. Kal'thzar

Kal'thzar Chieftain

You seriously expected me to trawl through that thread just to look at a pic of our favourite Mod? Thats silly :p

2. Turner

Turner Chieftain Retired Moderator

Lazy, erm, person, click the link!

3. Kal'thzar

Kal'thzar Chieftain

*cough*

nice picture...you look more mature than I imagined you to be...(or maybe thats just the age...)

Obligatory Photo...I have just looked through my holiday pics and realised that I should ask someone to take pictures of myself :(, family:
    http://img205.imageshack.us/my.php?image=famfi8.jpg

4. tossi

tossi Der kleine Prinz

5. Turner

Um, that's my hand and wrist. :p

6. Oruc

Oruc Reactionary

Nope!

7. silver 2039

silver 2039 Chieftain

edited out

8. silver 2039

silver 2039 Chieftain

edited out

9. Birdjaguar

Birdjaguar Entangled Retired Moderator Supporter

Tell me more about the house. Is the upstairs a big open space? Are ther inside stairs too? What kind of bamboo is that?

10. Cuivienen

Cuivienen Chieftain

Awww... Well, I'm flattered.

@Kal: There were a few, but I haven't posted one there in a long time.

@emu: More like there is a flag wherever you go.

11. silver 2039

silver 2039 Chieftain

edited out

12. Lord_Iggy

Lord_Iggy Tsesk'ihe

Nice place silver. I live about a half hour drive out of my town, so I'm lucky enough to get peace and quiet almost all the time except for when animals wandering through my yard (there are lots of 'em).

13. Silver Steak

Silver Steak The Ghost of SS

Wow@Cuiv. :eek: A pleasant surprise, quite.

Anyho, trying to dig up a very recent photo of me guarding the Palace. Not a very good one, but...

14. Silver Steak

Found them! they were taken on Thursday, during my first Palace guard duty. It was raining, and we were allowed to wear out capes. Otherwise it would have been a horrible night, only it kind of marred the photo...

To show you what I wore underneath that cape, here is a picture of the Guard Uniform with the Palace behind.

Here's another one I found on a private website.

15. Daftpanzer

Daftpanzer There may be more posts after this.

@me 10 mins ago. Im feeling brave. Sorry (its the beer).

@Silver steak, what palace are you guarding? :eek: im guessing its not buckingham palace?

And whats this, girls are using the internet now? And even visiting this forum? Im outraged.

16. Silver Steak

@Daft: It's the Royal Palace in Oslo, Norway. I entered service in August, and will most likely serve until July next year. So far, it has been Boot Camp and a lot of drilling (not the boring kind, but the boring kind! :lol:) but I'm starting on specialization/education next week, which will be cool. I'm squad leader of the Relays of the Field HQ troop, so I'll be working a lot with the Multi Role Radio and other trinkets. For the most part, we will simply set up dual antennae to relay radio signals between the camp and the field HQ. This means a few hours of driving, a hectic period of setting up and getting installed, then chilling for the rest of the exercise while the rest of the boys are out there trudging in the mud/snow/both and getting themselves killed. ;) Naturally, there is the possibility that we have to move due to weather conditions or even hostiles, but granted that we're tens of miles away from the action, it's tied down to once or twice only. Far better than the alternative, if you ask me.

Anyway, guard duty is same for everyone with two hours on and four off. Yes, that is throughout the 24 hours shift. No, one does not get much sleep, and yes, it is boring. Still, serving in HMKG is quite a plus to have on the CV, and it's kind of a family tradition (I have my brother, uncle and grandfathers serving there before me. My gread-grandfather even married while he served, and got the marriage photo with him in uniform. :D)

17. shortguy

shortguy It's a working title

Considering the demographics and character of these forums, I wouldn't be surprised if such comments could easily be more creepy than flattering.

True, that may not be as valid here as in OT. If I were a girl and someone complimented my picture in OT, I'd run for the hills. :p

18. Kentharu

Kentharu Zebra Commander

exactly why i kept my mouth shut, cause i dun want no charges pressed :p

19. Turner

Moderator Action: Pictures, people, pictures.

And y'all were doing so well....;)

20. Reno

Reno The Studio Ghibli Fanatic

In order to steer this thread back in the right direction, some pics of myself.

Me and my trusty sidekick Väinö.

"How dare you interrupt me, when I'm thinking...?"

Since I carry my camera with me nearly everywhere, one of my classmates wanted to take a picture of me with my camera.