• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

The first patch is out

^Yeah, and I've got my Windows XP...So I guess we're in pretty good shape...only four more days for me.

Yeah, I still don't know what to do about my Amazon order. I think I'll just keep it unless it hasn't shipped by the time I get confirmation that it is in US stores.

Anyway...

[/OT]

THUMBS UP!!!!!!!!!
oh yeah, running 1600turn, Huge map, 36civs, Marathon game
next turns take around 30sec/turn
it's the fastest civ i've ever seen! Double Thumbs for the BtS team!

are you saying it takes 30 seconds when you hit next turn?? Even for those map settings, that's not good at all, in fact that's the opposite of good - that's just horrible. I've never had to wait anywhere close to 30 seconds for the turn timer to finish, in any civ game, at any time, on any computer.

Please tell me I am misreading this post...

I think I know now why the blokes Down Under got the game first... can you say "Beta Continent"??? :)

Around 1500ish in my test game. Fractal/Prince/Normal Speed/7 Civs makes it something between 7 and 10 seconds after hitting end turn.

However, if your espionage is massive and you have show friendly moves enabled... Well, let's just say prepare to see a bazillion units move around. Hitting end turn there brought waiting times of about 45 seconds to 50 seconds.

PC is AMDX2 64bits with 2 Gigs RAM@667 with a ATIX550 card IIRC.

Someting weird. When I try to update my copy of BtS with the option in the main menu, the game freezes.

Around 1500ish in my test game. Fractal/Prince/Normal Speed/7 Civs makes it something between 7 and 10 seconds after hitting end turn.

However, if your espionage is massive and you have show friendly moves enabled... Well, let's just say prepare to see a bazillion units move around. Hitting end turn there brought waiting times of about 45 seconds to 50 seconds.

PC is AMDX2 64bits with 2 Gigs RAM@667 with a ATIX550 card IIRC.

maybe that's the problem - why would you have show friendly moves enabled? that's a ridiculous waste of time, no wonder it takes you 10 seconds each turn. I never use that option just for the time savings. you don't need to see those units moving every turn. you can't miss anything with the game logs telling you what happened, and taking your turn to analyze the map afterwords. the option is fun for the first few turns, but in the later maps, no way. I also use quick moves and attack when it's a very large map and late game. it really improves the enjoyment experience, but you can always switch back and forth between these options every turn if you want to see certain things you know are going to happen.

my computer is decent but not great AMD with 2 gigs ram. when I hit enter for next turn, it takes about 2-3 seconds max until I can start working again. that's on a huge map.
if I had to wait an entire 30 seconds or more between every turn, I would never finish a game. that's just insane torture.

Watiggi, if you don't mind, let us know if it fixes stuff like the missing city names you displayed in some of your screenshots.
Doesn't fix it. I had a name missing error just before, so yeah. Hmm. That was from a v3.0 save game though.

Interesting, Watiggi...I guess they didn't read this thread and use it to inform the patch (which, sadly, is out before I can even get the game to patch it!)...

Although, probably the patch was in the works before anyone obtained the game commercially...

Interesting, Watiggi...I guess they didn't read this thread and use it to inform the patch (which, sadly, is out before I can even get the game to patch it!)...

Although, probably the patch was in the works before anyone obtained the game commercially...

So can someone who has patched their game look at the readme file or something and tell us if it actually says it changes anything beyond the EU_US synchronisation whatever?

So can someone who has patched their game look at the readme file or something and tell us if it actually says it changes anything beyond the EU_US synchronisation whatever?

Here it goes...

README
Last updated 17 - July– 2007
V3.2
- Synchronization of US Version to European Versions

System & Operating System Requirements

And then there is a lot of text about system requirments, how to install, starting a game and known issues (with sound and video). All of which seems to come straight from the first version of BtS.

So it just looks like patch 3.2 is for synchronization of US en European versions. There doesn't seem to be any bugfixes or gamechanges.

yeah, i updated to 3.02, no sdk fixes on my end :( guess gyathaar has some 3.1 beta patch already! :(

LlamaCat

im running a game with 36civs enabled in the dll(meaning, my loops are a little bit longer)
huge map is what is says, largest availabe in civ, consuming up to 2gigs of memory, anyone with just 2Gig physical RAM can't even play that, that would cause you a MAF! As i said in previous posts, to check if the MAF is gone on my 4gigs machine running vista, i have enabled ALL graphical options..im just testing the performance of the game by setting everything MAXED!
30secs/turn when you're running a marathon game, modern age, my civ has around 800units, im not even the largest, middle civ, 23civs still alive, can guess a total units ingame of 20.000, with around 400 or 500cities, airplanes flying around, several wars going on...so alot of unit movement...like i said, all graphics maxed..is definatly not bad, unless you have a 2020 AD computer with a CPU running at 48Ghz with 256Gigs of RAM and an Geforce 22.000 with 8Gigs of RAM..then 30secs would be alot of time...
oh yeah, and of course to stress test, im running with all background programs enabled!!! antivirus, firewall, photoshop, coreldraw, MSN, ICQ, Iexplorer MP3 and burning DVD's while waiting...

30secs under those conditions are definatly(maybe not optimal, 1 sec would be perfect i agree) a huge improvement compared to warlords where my next turn under those conditions were several minutes up to 10 and 15minutes for a next turn.

Not saying this is great, waiting 30sec, im saying, it's alot better then warlords and definatly acceptable, but of course, it's not done in 1 sec unfortunatly..

well, just checked the map, only i have so many units, prolly because i cheated a little bit hehehehe :)
but still..alot of units in the game!

I don't understand why you are maxing out your machine like that... I won't argue that running all your background programs and everything else will certainly add some wait time. guess I'm just not understanding WHY you are putting yourself through that when you know perfectly well how to improve the performance.
edit: ok you are testing BTS? guess I get it. I just thought this discussion started along a different context. I don't think 30 seconds wait time can be described as "good" under any context for the casual player.

oh you have Vista?? haha, there's a huge reason right there.... Bill Gates is taking away more and more of your PC's resources with each new OP. I'll stick with XP and run perfectly fast games on 2 gigs. By the way, I do play the largest maps, many civs, the very highest graphics settings. no sweat.

I don't understand why you are maxing out your machine like that... I won't argue that running all your background programs and everything else will certainly add some wait time. guess I'm just not understanding WHY you are putting yourself through that when you know perfectly well how to improve the performance.
edit: ok you are testing BTS? guess I get it. I just thought this discussion started along a different context. I don't think 30 seconds wait time can be described as "good" under any context for the casual player.

I played huge games on civ3 with waiting times of 30minutes! ROFL...30secs looks very well to me compared to civ3 waiting times :)

oh you have Vista?? haha, there's a huge reason right there.... Bill Gates is taking away more and more of your PC's resources with each new OP.

Agree, but it does offer alot of problems and frustration, and i like to tell my computer that he is a moron and stupid and doesn't understand anything and BG is nothing more then a bugucer(instead of producer) :p
I'll stick with XP and run perfectly fast games on 2 gigs. By the way, I do play the largest maps, many civs, the very highest graphics settings. no sweat. For that purpose i have several partitions, win2k, winXP prof, Vista32bit and now Vista64bit as well, each on a different partition of course(different drives actually)

Just like to "test" things :)

Top Bottom