The Fun Thread!

The Mattehorn was a fun ride at the fall fair, until they retired it.
Heres the closest i could find.

The Mattehorn was a fun ride at the fall fair, until they retired it.
Heres the closest i could find.

I remember that one. Tried it once and found it to be too fast. The Tilt-a-Whirl was my preferred ride... until the person I was sitting with leaned over the wrong way and broke my glasses (fortunately the ride operator found them). spent the rest of the day in a literal haze.

I took my grandmother on the carousel in the kids' section. She loved it (she always loved horses, and I guess this was the first time anyone had managed to persuade her that fun isn't just for children).

Scrambler was fun too
At the fall fair it was always Metterhorn, Tilt-aWhirl, Scrambler, Bumper-cars and Hurricane.

I have fond memories of throwing a few rings at the glass bottles at Six Flags. :D

You'd hand over a bill of money and the minder would pull out a drug-dealer sized wad of cash and put your money on it.

Then you'd have 3 or 5 tries to do the impossible.

The minder always gleefully watched under the ceiling of impossibly large stuffed animals one could win.

Whoa, you can get a bucket these days for $20?! :eek:

I got drunk at the beach the other day. It was great fun!

Scrambler was fun too
At the fall fair it was always Metterhorn, Tilt-aWhirl, Scrambler, Bumper-cars and Hurricane.

I liked the Scrambler. Never tried the bumper-cars.

One summer we went to the Ponoka Stampede (smaller version of our own fair - rides, commercial crap, mini-rodeo including chuckwagon races...).

Well, I always found the barrel racing and pony chuckwagon races to be godawful boring, and wanted to go on rides. My dad wanted to see the races.

Rides are no fun alone, so I asked my dad to take me, reminding him that he could always see the pony chucks at our own fair... so he made me a dare.

He said if I'd go on the Ferris wheel with him, he'd take me on some more rides. He figured that since heights had always scared me, I wouldn't do it.

What he didn't realize was that it wasn't the height itself that scared me - it was getting up and back that did (I had a horrible fear of ladders and even elevators once upon a time, both now cured though ladders are no longer physically possible).

So I agreed to go on the Ferris wheel (the smaller one, since he hadn't specified that it had to be the huge one), and while it was a bit scary I did enjoy it. I reminded him of his promise, so we spent the afternoon on rides and seeing the exhibits (and yeah, I tagged along so he could look at the automotive and farm stuff even though I find those boring as well, since he tagged along through the other exhibits).

Finally broke out my Creature Comforts boardgame while hosting a birthday party. I'd have to say it was a big hit. I'm lucky to have a friend that likes pre-watching tutorials, though. It's not hard per se, but having someone talk about strategy while we were playing really helped crank up the metagame. My feeling is that game play can get very strategic, even if everyone just mostly muddled along delightedly.

For good reasons, there was no alcohol at the party, and I think that part wasn't minded at all.

Also, Jackfruit Chips were a really interesting hit. 50% of people didn't like them. The other half of people devoured two bags and asked me to open a third to share with people they knew.

After many dry ~30 degree weeks it finally rained for one full day here.
I had great fun with just walking in the rain and not caring about anything.
I don't know why. But I find sitting in an enclosed porch, sipping iced tea, and watching the Thunderstorms in front of me entertaining in terms of watching the weather.

Top Bottom