Unique Unit: Welsh Swordsman
Civilization versions: None

Xavante
Leader: Wazuriwa Sereburã
Traits: Militaristic and Religious
Unique Unit: Piroga
Civilization versions: None

You are a true artist, boa onda cara! :thumbsup:

Small note: The Santuário de Bom Jesus is in the city of Braga, not Matosinhos, and thank you for featuring such a lovely complex, i´v had the pleasure of beeing there some times and it´s a massive complex.

You are a true artist, boa onda cara! :thumbsup:

Small note: The Santuário de Bom Jesus is in the city of Braga, not Matosinhos, and thank you for featuring such a lovely complex, i´v had the pleasure of beeing there some times and it´s a massive complex.

Thanks man! Valeu gajo! :D

The Sanctuary of Bom Jesus of Matosinhos I built is that one of Congonhas, Minas Gerais, Brazil, built by Aleijadinho: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Congonhas_do_Campo :)

Outstanding place, some pics I took there last March: http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10150181826548185.338389.660163184&type=1

Thanks man! Valeu gajo! :D

The Sanctuary of Bom Jesus of Matosinhos I built is that one of Congonhas, Minas Gerais, Brazil, built by Aleijadinho: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Congonhas_do_Campo :)

Outstanding place, some pics I took there last March: http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10150181826548185.338389.660163184&type=1

Ohh, my mistake then, the similarities with the one (the same name even) in the city of Braga are incredible, no doubt because he was a portuguese architect? I must read more on brazilian history, it´s sad how we neglect that part of history in portuguese scholarship, after Brazil achieves independece, my only hope is that one day Portugal and Brazil can unite again in an economic union/cooperation like the UE and have a common coin and open borders between native portuguese languages, but our leaders are too narrow, and can only see the tree, not the forest.

After this national pride message, back on topic: Great work, can i use it in my mod? :mischief: :goodjob:

Some pictures of Sanctuário de Bom Jesus em Braga, Norte de Portugal
Spoiler :

Good job. The best part is, I'm currently looking for a Scottish LH for my mod, and it"s right here.

:goodjob:

Ohh, my mistake then, the similarities with the one (the same name even) in the city of Braga are incredible, no doubt because he was a portuguese architect? I must read more on brazilian history, it´s sad how we neglect that part of history in portuguese scholarship, after Brazil achieves independece, my only hope is that one day Portugal and Brazil can unite again in an economic union/cooperation like the UE and have a common coin and open borders between native portuguese languages, but our leaders are too narrow, and can only see the tree, not the forest.

After this national pride message, back on topic: Great work, can i use it in my mod? :mischief: :goodjob:

Some pictures of Sanctuário de Bom Jesus em Braga, Norte de Portugal
Spoiler :

RickFGS and other modders, fell free to use all my creations in your mods :)

Aleijadinho ("The Little Cripple") was born in Colonial Brazil. Portuguese text: http://pt.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aleijadinho . Short text in English: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aleijadinho . He was one of the greatest (or the greatest) artists of Brazil.

From Wikipedia: Aleijadinho was disfigured and crippled by leprosy, and created his masterpiece (this Sanctuary we are talking about) with his chisel and hammer, tied to his fingerless hands.

If you are interested on Brazilian history, I suggest you read “Uma breve história do Brasil”: http://pt.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uma_breve_história_do_Brasil . I read this book when I was travelling around the country last March/April and I like it. The “1822” is good too: http://pt.wikipedia.org/wiki/1822_(livro) . It focus on the Independence period, when the Brazilians wanted to continue the “United Kingdom of Portugal, Brazil and the Algarves” and the Portuguese wanted Brazil as a colony again. If you guys had listened to us in 1822 we’d be united until now :lol:

downloaded 1 2 and 5 yesterday, 3 4 were too big for me to get in two hours, so getting em today, really hope it's cool, even if not, kudos on all the work everyone does to make this game fresh even after years of playing.
p.s. what's with this page? kinda glitchy aint it, meaning the first page of the forum. Some of the pictures don't show and even freezes on me sometimes, had to skip right into downloading the files quick so that it didn't freeze lol.

CivArmy thank you very much for all your work, especially your leaderheads.

:thanx:

I use a couple of these leaderheads in the upcoming scenario WW2 Global Gold Edition and they add great flavour to that scenario. Unfortunately some of them seem to have some colour problems (per example the Peron Leaderhead that is attached below). I talked with Vuldacon about it and he thinks these problems mostly result from using the colour pure white in the palette of the leaderhead. I think you should know this so you can avoid this problem with the leaderheads you are creating now.

Spoiler :

I wanted to point out that in the modern age the tactical nuke pic is enlarged for some reason, on the tech tree and when you go to the civilopedia. weird. don't know if it's just my computer or the mod... Also, what's with all the new wonder pics? why go to the effort if you can't zoom to the city and see them first hand? i don't know why but not being able to see zoomed city view ruins it for me.... Is there some way i can modify your mod so i can still see the zoomed city view and the wonders? i'm kinda thinking the answers no...but doesn't hurt to ask right :)

Great Mod!

downloaded 1 2 and 5 yesterday, 3 4 were too big for me to get in two hours, so getting em today, really hope it's cool, even if not, kudos on all the work everyone does to make this game fresh even after years of playing.

Thanks guys! :D

p.s. what's with this page? kinda glitchy aint it, meaning the first page of the forum. Some of the pictures don't show and even freezes on me sometimes, had to skip right into downloading the files quick so that it didn't freeze lol.

The images are loading fine for me, maybe the Imageshack server had faced a problem while you were surfing on the page.

CivArmy thank you very much for all your work, especially your leaderheads.

:thanx:

I use a couple of these leaderheads in the upcoming scenario WW2 Global Gold Edition and they add great flavour to that scenario. Unfortunately some of them seem to have some colour problems (per example the Peron Leaderhead that is attached below). I talked with Vuldacon about it and he thinks these problems mostly result from using the colour pure white in the palette of the leaderhead. I think you should know this so you can avoid this problem with the leaderheads you are creating now.

Spoiler :

Thanks! :D I'll check this transparence problems and correct them with a patch :)

I wanted to point out that in the modern age the tactical nuke pic is enlarged for some reason, on the tech tree and when you go to the civilopedia. weird. don't know if it's just my computer or the mod... Also, what's with all the new wonder pics? why go to the effort if you can't zoom to the city and see them first hand? i don't know why but not being able to see zoomed city view ruins it for me.... Is there some way i can modify your mod so i can still see the zoomed city view and the wonders? i'm kinda thinking the answers no...but doesn't hurt to ask right :)

Edited: I'll have a look on city view problems :)
For the Tatical Nuke icon problem download the small *.zip file of this post's end and replace the currently "pediaicons.txt" of your "..\Civilization 3\Conquests\Conquests\The Golden Hordes Mod\Text" directory by this new one.

------------------

This is what I'll do in 2,012

Attachments

• PediaIcons - Tatical Nuke.rar
    15.5 KB · Views: 141
Força CivArmy s. 1994! Will there be a new terrain pack also? water tiles in particular?

Along with the Angola, Mozambique and East Timor civs and leaders already planned could you consider a Cape Verde islands civ&leader also?

Força CivArmy s. 1994! Will there be a new terrain pack also? water tiles in particular?

Along with the Angola, Mozambique and East Timor civs and leaders already planned could you consider a Cape Verde islands civ&leader also?

Why not? Also a Guine-Bissau, Sao Tome and Principe and even a Macau and Goa civis? I should do a Portuguese (speakers) Mod.

if you like, i did this, you can just move the files from either snoopys terrain mod or rhyes into the same folder as the golden hordes mod. that's what i did and worked just fine. well not the same folder but i think you take the terrain folder and put it in there or something, have to be in front of MY computer to know the exact ones but yeah...that's it... although come to think of it i'm not sure if the aerial view was working before i did that or not. i might have to check. but it definitely changes the terrain. yeah p.s. civ army i meant the aerial view doesn't even come up. the zoom to city works but i can't see the particular buildings like the pyramid itself or the palace all in the...well i think you know what i mean, THE FLYOVER VIEW... every now and again while i'm playing the game i just like to look at the city itself, see how much it's grown, the skyscrapers and all that. I will let you know if it was my moving the terrain mods to your folder that affected that or not.

A Portuguese Empire mod could be interesting indeed. An RFPE, perhaps? Portugal expels the Moors, expands into Cabo Verde, factories in Africa, Brazil, Diu, Goa… and eventually goes Byzantine into Brazil when the Napoleonic hordes invade.

A Portuguese Empire mod could be interesting indeed. An RFPE, perhaps? Portugal expels the Moors, expands into Cabo Verde, factories in Africa, Brazil, Diu, Goa… and eventually goes Byzantine into Brazil when the Napoleonic hordes invade.

Except that, if you look at a map, Portugal seceded from Castille in 1139 CE; 4 Chistian kingdoms then bordered the rump Muwahid Caliphate presence in the south of Iberia: from west to east by 1157: Portugal, Leon, Castille, and Aragon. Castille's territory actually formed a bulge into the Caliphate; it's unlikely Portugal would have played a leading role in the Reconquista.

Best,

Oz

Yes, yes, I've been to Spain and went to school there. We're going a bit Off-Topic, but the Portuguese and the Órdenes Militares almost got to Niebla before those territories were given to Castile in 1247. Still, the Spanish conquer the rest of the Peninsula and the Portuguese go around Africa, for example, conquering Ceuta in 1415… eventually you reach out to Ormuz and so forth. Yes, the European part of the map would probably be rather small, but ti *could* be done. Just saying.

Top Bottom