Sarevok,

Due to how AI works I think its must be
limited to 4 Infantry Brigades.

Best Regards

Rocoteh

A comment on TCW version 1.1:

I think all the major powers with the exception
of The Ottoman Empire should be able to build
Dreadnoughts and Battlecruisers from start.

Rocoteh

Originally posted by aeldrik
just a hint, but maybe you should check that some of the units you are releasing in your file have not been authorized for distribution by Firaxis...

aeldrik,

I have send a copy of your post to
Thunderfall, Chieftess and Padma to get an
clarification if you are correct.

Best Regards

Rocoteh

Hi

I am a serious Civilization player and have been playing it since the beginning. This is the best Civ III Conquest scenario yet. The map is perfect sized. The delays between turns are tolerable and provide well needed breaks. To play the entire game took 70 hours for me.

My main criteria is playability and balance. Too bad AI is still simply not equal to a good human mind. I am tired of always winning.

TimJohnson,

Thank you for the positive words.

I am glad to hear that you like this scenario.
With regard to AI, I agree, it could be better

Once again: Thank you.

Best Regards

Rocoteh

The American Flamethrower is already in C3C (..\Conquests\Conquests\WWII in the Pacific\Art\Units\Combat Engineer), so including it in the download is pointless anyway. It's not authorized for distrubution.

I think the German Flamethrower is, however. It's not in C3C, so it should have been authorized together with the other non-C3C extras.

I'm not sure how I am to interpret your post, Volum, but Sarevok has expressed an interest in hearing of all map errors/oddities we find.

On that subject, I notice that **Ljubijana has escaped correction - should be "Ljubljana", with an 'l' in the middle.

Further on that subject, I never looked much at Arabia during the BETAs, since my knowledge of those places is fairly hazy, but even I know Medina isn't on the coast, which I just noticed it is in this scen. Should be some 3-4 tiles inland, and perhaps a bit further north.

Then there's the whole issue of Hijaz being unreasonably flat on this map - should be plenty of hills there - but fixing that may be rather more trouble than it's worth.

Originally posted by TimJohnson
Hi

I am a serious Civilization player and have been playing it since the beginning. This is the best Civ III Conquest scenario yet. The map is perfect sized. The delays between turns are tolerable and provide well needed breaks. To play the entire game took 70 hours for me.

My main criteria is playability and balance. Too bad AI is still simply not equal to a good human mind. I am tired of always winning.

Has it even been out for 70 hours?;)
It sounds good, I hope to download it and play it some tonight. I sure hope I don't have anything bad to say about it!
:lol:

The Spanish territory in the North of Africa Must be Ceuta or Melilla, but not Tangier, or better Tanger. Because when Morocco was divided by the French and Spanish in 1912, the city of Tanger was given special status, being incorporated in neither zone. In the years during and immediately after World War I, it received little attention. Then, in 1923 it's status was defined as that of a FREE CITY.

EDIT: The spanish name of Seville is Sevilla

Names change metacomet, though ill get tangier next time around.

Ill deal with both arabia and christiania in 1.1. A few things are being changed and added.

I like the positive comment Tim Johnson :)

I think that you need to put more oil in Irag at least one more in Mossul and one more in Basra.

And No oil in Kuwait? it's like no peanuts in Georgia?

well i have finally managed to get in sum play time...

Let me just say that this is just as good if not better than I anticipated (and if u remember i was salivating for it...), I think this is the first version where i got a real serious challenge out of the Russians (maybe my luck ran out or sumthin *shrug*) but the fighting around Warsaw is definately interesting.... I have had much fun fighting the English navy off the Coast of the Netherlands...though i got my butt kicked pretty good....thats ok ill fix em real good soon as they get a bit closer to Kiel... Nancy could prolly use sum sort of bombard defense?? i would have to say that though it was an interesting fight and all, the artillery kicked thier butt for me... infantry wise i might have lost 8, maybe 9 units total (thats if they were lucky) and now im rolling forward with both thier artillery and mine as well as an army the same size as when i started towards Verdun... Belgium has gone up in flames already, perhaps they should be slightly beefed up? im not sure but im about to finish em off and its still pretty early in the game...

Just thought i would mention that while the download time was horrendous it seemed like (nearly 6 hours) the load and turn times are pretty good on my comp considering the size of the scenario(Pentium IV, Radeon 9700 grpahics card with just over a gig of RAM)

I would have to say that i still dont like the way subs are implemented though.... i just cant seem to deal with them not being able to take out anything bigger than a destroyer...they should be able to knock out much much bigger things...I mean that's y they were famous during WWI...they chewed the English up pretty good. My suggestion is to implement the naval combat through lethal bombards and simulate stronger ships armor through hp...and obviously stronger weaponry through higher bombard value...and then u give all units stats of 0/1 with wutever movement is necessary (yes i know this was suggested before but it is still the best idea ive ever heard for this...)

Originally posted by Metacomet
I think that you need to put more oil in Irag at least one more in Mossul and one more in Basra.

And No oil in Kuwait? it's like no peanuts in Georgia?

I remember the hoards of info you brought into TOE concerning resources. You still have those sources on you by chance?

Originally posted by Bobby Lee
well i have finally managed to get in sum play time...

Let me just say that this is just as good if not better than I anticipated (and if u remember i was salivating for it...), I think this is the first version where i got a real serious challenge out of the Russians (maybe my luck ran out or sumthin *shrug*) but the fighting around Warsaw is definately interesting.... I have had much fun fighting the English navy off the Coast of the Netherlands...though i got my butt kicked pretty good....thats ok ill fix em real good soon as they get a bit closer to Kiel... Nancy could prolly use sum sort of bombard defense?? i would have to say that though it was an interesting fight and all, the artillery kicked thier butt for me... infantry wise i might have lost 8, maybe 9 units total (thats if they were lucky) and now im rolling forward with both thier artillery and mine as well as an army the same size as when i started towards Verdun... Belgium has gone up in flames already, perhaps they should be slightly beefed up? im not sure but im about to finish em off and its still pretty early in the game...

Just thought i would mention that while the download time was horrendous it seemed like (nearly 6 hours) the load and turn times are pretty good on my comp considering the size of the scenario(Pentium IV, Radeon 9700 grpahics card with just over a gig of RAM)

I would have to say that i still dont like the way subs are implemented though.... i just cant seem to deal with them not being able to take out anything bigger than a destroyer...they should be able to knock out much much bigger things...I mean that's y they were famous during WWI...they chewed the English up pretty good. My suggestion is to implement the naval combat through lethal bombards and simulate stronger ships armor through hp...and obviously stronger weaponry through higher bombard value...and then u give all units stats of 0/1 with wutever movement is necessary (yes i know this was suggested before but it is still the best idea ive ever heard for this...)

I was thinking of making the subs stronger and adding HP for armor. What do people think of this idea?

Top Bottom