Votes: 6 8.5%
  • The new one

Votes: 49 69.0%
  • Neither / Don't care / Other

Votes: 16 22.5%

• Total voters

dannyevilcat

DESTROYER OF FURNITURE
As I've mentioned before, I really liked the original interface. It had a more "historical" feel and nicer aesthetic, in my opinion, and I just don't understand why it was completely dumped for the sleek, but dull semi-transparent blue.

Actually, my first reaction wouldn't make it past the forum filters, and I'm still not warming up to it after a few days.

Which do you prefer?

Attachments

• interface_a.jpg
    interface_a.jpg
    182 KB · Views: 248
  • interface_b.jpg
    interface_b.jpg
    281.4 KB · Views: 193
Sorry, but I happen to prefer the newer interface.

The previous one was nice in its way, the new one just seems cleaner, I suppose.

To each his own, I suppose. I thought they were very clear that the appearance of the interface would be moddable? Obviously, that's not as nice as getting the perfect (to you) game right out of the box. But for a purely aesthetic concern, won't that suffice?

oxonian2001 said:
Sorry, but I happen to prefer the newer interface.

The previous one was nice in its way, the new one just seems cleaner, I suppose.

To each his own, I suppose. I thought they were very clear that the appearance of the interface would be moddable? Obviously, that's not as nice as getting the perfect (to you) game right out of the box. But for a purely aesthetic concern, won't that suffice?
Isn't it just a skin? Should be easily moddable.

are you sure they just dumped the other one...maybe you have a choice in-game to which one you would like to use.

I like both but if I had to choose just one it would be the new one. It would be good if the interfaces switched from the 'old' to the 'new' once you hit year '0' or something like that.

oh well...I'm sure it will be one of the first things modded.

They didn't Dump the old interface, they made a new game, this is not an expansion to Civ 3. It therefore required that they make an interface, why they should make a new one that would look Exactly like the old one I don't know.

I'd guess (hope) these are due to the era, but it doesn't look like... :)

Both are acceptable, the first is a bit more strategy 'classical' ...

nn

Krikkitone said:
They didn't Dump the old interface, they made a new game, this is not an expansion to Civ 3. It therefore required that they make an interface, why they should make a new one that would look Exactly like the old one I don't know.

You misunderstand. I'm talking about the one that they've been showing in screenshots up until about a week ago.

To be quite honest, I've stared at the old interface for so many hours that its burned into my eyeballs. Given that I'm going to be staring at the new interface for another countless hours, I'll proabaly want another newer interface in about 6 months... New = Fresh.

Wow, there hasn't been a vote this one-sided since... :hmm: actually, I don't think I've ever seen a vote this one sided.

I like (a).

Of course, this whole discussion may be moot when the game ships with an as-yet unseen interface (c). C'mon, it's a work in progress. My understanding is that things like this are some of the last to be finalized.

The interface looks sharp. The clean metal trim with a stone texture. Nice.

And while I like the blue now, so much more lively compared to civ3, it may become too much.

It would be great if you could change that color in the options menu to match your civ color, mood, or girlfriends panties so you remember she exsists after release.

Seems that the newer interface is very reliable and can show a lot of things. So it is better for me.

Appearance is nothing; utility is everything. If I have everything I want in sensible, easy-to-reach locations, it could look like my kid's diaper for all I care.

apatheist said:
Appearance is nothing; utility is everything. If I have everything I want in sensible, easy-to-reach locations, it could look like my kid's diaper for all I care.
I don't think I'd go quite that far. :lol:

I voted for the new one but with that said it could have stayed the same as the earlier screen shots and I would have been happy too.

I like to mod interfaces so that "roll over" information is at my cursor and not elsewhere on the screen. Also between the 2 screens it looks to be a simple skin changes. A little bit more information in the new one but that is all.

Top Bottom