The Jotnar and my now gimped mages.

Aoleleb

Warlord
But not Jotnar mages. No, I'm referring to the fact that with the Jotnar capable of getting spells like Maelstrom and Fireball, the coding used to do so prevents normal mages with Air II and Fire II from getting them.

Could we somehow fix that please? I tried and ended up just buggering it over even harder, so I'll leave it to someone who knows what they're doing.

But not Jotnar mages. No, I'm referring to the fact that with the Jotnar capable of getting spells like Maelstrom and Fireball, the coding used to do so prevents normal mages with Air II and Fire II from getting them.

Could we somehow fix that please? I tried and ended up just buggering it over even harder, so I'll leave it to someone who knows what they're doing.

That shouldn't be the case. :confused:

The Jotnar spells are different spells entirely...different prereqs, different names, etc...

I'll look at it.

I've had no problem with mages and Fire II. Fireball is probably my favorite spell so I always convert something over to fire mana. What civilization are you using?

-Moosh

The specific one that is bugged (that I am aware of) is maelstrom. Maelstrom was moved to require jotnar, etc. However, it wasn't also kept as a spell requiring air 2. I am not aware of any others that suffer from this problem, but I haven't played FF+ recently.

-Colin

The problem seems to be that the jotnar version was copied from the regular one, but without changing the <Type></Type> tag (meaning that the game reads that entry as a replacement, instead of a clone). Just changing it to a different one (SPELL_MAELSTROM_JOTNAR, for instance) should do the trick.

Looking at the rest, it seems like the "Summon Earth Elemental" spell is having the same problem; I didn't see any other spells that were 'mislabeled', though, so I have no idea why you'd have a problem with the fireball spell.

Huh. Guess not a lot of folks play with air and earth mana...that should have come up a earlier, you'd think. :D

Easy fix. :goodjob:

it came up in the bug thread a few weeks ago, i guess it just got buried (or maybe it came up in the jotnar balance thread).

Again, the only one that I'm sure of is maelstrom.

-Colin

Top Bottom