• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

The King of the World Throne Room

What i've noticed in all (or most) af KotW series, Americas always become weak and underdeveloped and just waste good land. (well, if Neal is not in america). Be that monty with zillions of units or SB who seems to research nothing . Maybe you can find a way for the american civs to tech reasonably and make strong late-game competitors?

I know we've made adjustments to the Andes for the Incas, but what about changing all of the mountains to hills to see if that allows for more expansion into the amazon basin and a real "new world" adversary?

[Just for the record in the original division into eras: the reign of the Tokugawa shoguns lasted from 1600 to 1870, so they should really be seen as renaissance rather than modern...]

You can't have a modern warfare scenario without Japan and their kamakazi pilots. They played a non-minor roll in WWII, giving them justification for bein' in a modern scenario. They didn't do much in the renaissance outside of their country anyways.

What i've noticed in all (or most) af KotW series, Americas always become weak and underdeveloped and just waste good land. (well, if Neal is not in america). Be that monty with zillions of units or SB who seems to research nothing . Maybe you can find a way for the american civs to tech reasonably and make strong late-game competitors?

Just give Pacal, Capac, and Roosevelt a chance to do what they do (without Monty breathing down their necks) and they'll at least become technological powerhouses, though Capac is pretty dangerous when it comes to military too.

You can't have a modern warfare scenario without Japan and their kamakazi pilots.

Tokugawa never reaches Modern Age anyway.

Here's my view on Europe in a more visual form(for the medieval plan):

So I would have:
-HRE in Aachen
-Vikings in Stockholm
-Spain in Barcelona
-Byzantium in Constantinople/Istanbul
-England in London
-Russia in St. Petersburg

I like. Although there could be issues with viking under-expansion.

Here's my view on Europe in a more visual form(for the medieval plan):
So I would have:
-HRE in Aachen
-Vikings in Stockholm
-Spain in Barcelona
-Byzantium in Constantinople/Istanbul
-England in London
-Russia in St. Petersburg

It would actually be more accurate to have Russia start in Moscov since St. Petersburg was founded in the early 18th century.

For something different you could have Russia represent the Kievan Rus and move the starting location further south. It could also represent the Polish-Lithuanian commonwealth.

Well, HRE would probably become a major powerhouse...if they settle the paris site, and germany/poland, they would probably expand into russia as well (conquer, not peacefully...they would be even bigger then rome in the last round i guess..
Would be fun though, a strong opponent. And i agree on giving roosevelt, pascal and capac a chance, with maybe some tweaks to the early game of the southern american civs, the mountain ridge, barbarians...its just too much...

I know it wouldn't be realistic, but would it be fun to connect the mainland to England? That way England could actually have a chance.

I also think that Russia is too close, put it further way. This way it will also reduce the chance of blocking the Vikings.

Just another idea, doesn't necessarily needed to be taken seriously... move HRE to the German area? Balance things around...

I know it wouldn't be realistic, but would it be fun to connect the mainland to England? That way England could actually have a chance.

That won't change much and, in fact, would endanger England to continental enemies, I think.

The map includes Ocean, Sea, and Coast tiles, but no Straits. A strait would allow both land and water units to pass.

This would be useful around Gibraltar and Calais.

A fort would work, but the tile should really function as a coast, but allow land units to pass.

Put in all American civs (maybe except Monty?) and give them extra settler. That should do the trick...

Ya put elizabeth in America too. Makes some sense lore-wise and she might give the continent a substantial tech boost.

Ya put elizabeth in America too. Makes some sense lore-wise and she might give the continent a substantial tech boost.

Hmm, change Elizibeth to Victoria and call her Canadian?

Call Portugal Brazil?

How many civs should there be in the Americas? I suppose the ratio should be somewhat appropraite to the amount of land available.

Medieval Civs:

The Americas
Pacal II of the Maya
Sitting Bull of the Native Americans

Africa
Zara Yaqob of Ethiopia
Mansa Musa of Mali

Europe
Justinian I of Byzantium
Elizabeth of England
Louis XIV of France
Charlemagne of the Holy Roman Empire
Peter of Russia
Isabella of Spain
Ragnar of the Vikings

Middle East
Saladin of Arabia

Asia
Qin Shi Huang of China
Asoka of India
Tokugawa of Japan
Suryavarman II of the Khmer
Wang Kon of Korea
Genghis Khan of Mongolia

I like this one very much. =D

So we know what happens when Monty is left uncontested, and what happens when Bull is left uncontested. But what about Roosevelt?

Does he do reasonably well in normal games?

Because if so, coupled with the strong NA mainland, I think he might actually make something of a contender.

Althought the Vicky idea sounds nice too (or were you being sarcastic)

Also, when you run out of fun on the Earth 18 map (is that even possible), you should give the Ghengis Kai map a try.

Althought the Vicky idea sounds nice too (or were you being sarcastic)

Also, when you run out of fun on the Earth 18 map (is that even possible), you should give the Ghengis Kai map a try.

No sarcasm here on Vicky - Canadians celebrate Victoria Day on the second last Monday of May, one week before Americans celebrate Memorial Day.

Why is Russia starting in St. Petersburg site? :confused:

Hmmm... I dunno why I did that... I think Kiev or Moscow would be better myself actually. I guess I just wanted to have two east European powers in the game,though it'll probably happen anyways.

We'll still have to figure out a way to make them hate each other >:D Maybe wb in a small attitude modifier.

Germany does a pretty good job of expanding into eastern europe and scandinavia. Charlemagne is imperialistic iirc so would do even better. With Cathy being another imperialist then moving her to western siberia would fill up the bits that Charlemagne didn't reach first.

An american leader in north america sounds worth trying, maybe Washington. For south america could try placing HC in Buenos Aires to give him a flying start.

Top Bottom