1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

The Layers of Hell

Discussion in 'Fall from Heaven Lore' started by Kael, Jan 17, 2009.

1. Nikis-Knight

Nikis-Knight Chieftain

There are worlds and planes where some gods experimented alone just after the dawn of time. There are also planes of nearly endless elemental energies that Agares used to draw from to power his illict creation.
    So if we need any weird and funky thing, like a Ice Giant or Fire Elemental, we can pull it from there.
    Then each god also has their home domain like the ones being described here.

2. Lade

Lade Chieftain

If thats the case, how do you explain Basium's angels? It doesn't seem any of the gods actually support him

Last edited: Apr 21, 2009
  3. Kael

Kael Chieftain

Basiums angels are like himself, renegades that have abandoned their duty to wage war against the infernal.

4. MagisterCultuum

MagisterCultuum Great Sage

Basium's duty used to be to guard the passage that is used for souls to return to Erebus from the Underworld. As such he probably knows how to sneak the renegade souls of angels and dead mortals who become angels to join him in this world.

5. Tyrs

Tyrs Chieftain

But how do mortals become angels in the first place? It think that's the new question

6. Xuenay

Xuenay Chieftain

Quite interesting. Is 'petitioner' a Planescape borrowing, or is the word also used in a similar context somewhere else that I don't know about? Also, Arawn's Netherworld is apparently described somewhere - I assume in some 'pedia entry somebody could point me to?

I, too, would like to know the artist.

7. Seon

Seon Not An Evil Liar

Angels are either A: created by their gods or B: made out of mortal souls claimed by their "good" gods

I am pretty sure about A, but not too much about B

8. Kenjister

Kenjister Swimmer

I think the becoming an Angel process is pretty much the same as the demon process. Without the machine like structure. Basically I think when the soul gets to it Good vault, it becomes an Angel, and gets physical manifestion based on which vault it is. It can then choose to fall if it wishes, as that is allowed by the Compact.

9. Giga-Gigan

Giga-Gigan Chieftain

I suppose this is abit of thread necromancy, but I don't really care that much, and this probably should be a stickied thread anyways. Anyways after playing through the Lord of Balors scenario, I've got to thinking. Just where do succubi come from? I mean if I am to understand correctly Daemon processing strips souls of alot of different emotions and desires. Are the carnal desires left intact through this process? Just where do succubi come from?

Is the Duke Sallos some sort military theorist/pervert, who invented the schools of *cubism?*

I can see both Mammon and Esus probably sponsoring a whole line of tempter daemons, not just for sexual temptation but probably for gluttony, laziness and the like. Is one of them, master of the succubi?

Also are there Incubi as well? Being daemons, do these femme fatales enjoy their work? Honestly being a hot blooded male, I'm happy to see daemons that are esthetically pleasing rather than horribly grotesque, but as of now I don't see how they fit into the dehumanizing processing plant that is hell.

p.s. I'm sorry if I let Perpentach out of the tower with this one, but I trust we're all open minded Platonic individuals.

10. KillerClowns

KillerClowns Chieftain

I ain't. :p

Cubism? :confused: I must've missed something.

Alrighty then. I should imagine that carnal desires can indeed be kept intact, if warped to an especially unpleasant form. A particularly perverse combatant in Camulos' vault, or one who uses lust to get past Mammon's city, might be trained as an succubus (or incubus) upon arrival in Aeron's vault.
    It's also possible that succubi are made raw, not from processed souls, explicitly for the purpose of seduction and murder, in which case, again, Aeron would seem the most likely candidate for the making of such.

11. Giga-Gigan

Giga-Gigan Chieftain

A bad joke, what would you call the arts of seduction and corruption?

12. cyther

cyther Lord of the Dance

I believe that someone said Succubi may be some form of Cambion.

13. Seon

Seon Not An Evil Liar

By the way, what happens if you worshipped an evil god such as Camulus and was pretty fanatic about it. Would you still need to suffer at their vault or would they be immediately converted into a demon upon arrival? Okat maybe that was a bad example considering the Mahala's civpedia, but what about Mammon and Esus? If you worshipped them, would you still be dropped off at the Great Machination of Hell?

14. Avahz Darkwood

Avahz Darkwood Chieftain

yes and no. You would be converted to a demon fitting for the god you worshiped and the level of your natural corruption. The whole purpose of the great demon making hell machine is to make you ready for what ever purpose they need your for. If you are a devout worshiper then they have already gotten you to a certain point depending on your "piety".

15. jimi12

jimi12 Half Jedi

@Kael: Any plans on making a thread like this describing neutral and good gods' vaults? I really enjoyed this one

16. Kael

Kael Chieftain

Not really. There are tons of things on my to do list, and unless I get a wild desire to write them up (which happens form time to time and happened with the layers of hell) I doubt its going to get anywhere near to the top of the list.

17. abculatter2

abculatter2 Chieftain

Awww, man!

18. cIV_khanh93

cIV_khanh93 Chieftain

swiper, no swiping Kaels time!

19. Avahz Darkwood

Avahz Darkwood Chieftain

yep too many of us spending time here and not with the kids.... ;)

20. hossam

hossam Chieftain

where do worshipers of the overlords end up?