The leader most difficult to negotiate with?

Who is the most difficult leader to negotiate with?

• Montezuma

Votes: 30 18.1%
  • Alexander

Votes: 6 3.6%
  • Tokugawa

Votes: 87 52.4%
  • Genghis Khan

Votes: 4 2.4%
  • Kublai Khan

Votes: 3 1.8%
  • Louis XIV

• Napoleon

Votes: 3 1.8%
  • Julius Caesar

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • Catherine

• Peter

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Isabella

Votes: 12 7.2%
  • Cyrus

• Huayna Capac

Votes: 6 3.6%
  • Victoria

Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Elizabeth

• Frederick

• Bismarck

• Mao Zedong

• Qin Shi Huang

• Mansa Musa

• Total voters
I voted for Tokugawa. He's a pushy little runt no matter what the situation.

Also, there's some other thread somewhere where someone made the comment about Tokugawa always getting screwed, whether he be AI or not.

I think that observation is true, mainly because Tokugawa is an such an ass.

I've lost two games recently by being eliminated by Victoria. In both cases, she was the leading Civ on the power graph, went from Cautious to Annoyed in an instant, declared war on me and refused to accept my pleas for peace, no matter how many of my cities she had taken from me. <sigh>

To make it even more humiliating, by the time I was down to just a few cities, Ghandi and Saladin started giving me free techs. What a pitiful player I am.

I wont vote Toku because i dont need anything from him anyway. If i ever trade with him, it would be an obsoleted tech for some fresh cash. I stabbed Alex once as well while he was being pleased/friendly with me :D Napoleon's got my vote. this little bastard always causes me trouble, declares war and sends some harmless units over the whole game, knowing that i wont be able to teach him any lesson because there're always some other guys, who i dont have open border with, that block my way to him

Tokugawa. That is how he is constructed.

aaronflavor said:
I've never had this happen. How does this work?

Trust me, you don't want to know. :)

I didn't initiate either contact. As Victoria gobbled up my cities and my score fell below 600 or so (while everyone else was was well over 1000), other Civs started giving me technologies. This was on Monarch level.

On the other hand, at lower difficulty levels, when I'm a dominant Civ, I've been able to demand tribute (cash, technology, etc.) from other civs who are lower on the food chain than I.

ShaLouZa said:
Toku by far for me. If you can be of the same religion he might become more accomoding, but that needs open borders and he won't accept it.

No it doesn't, religion will leech even though borders are closed. I just had a game where he adopted the religion I founded, then afterwards asked for an Open Borders agreement.

Excluding some notoriously insane AIs as already mentioned here, I'd actually say the american leaders are very hard to negotiate with. Even if friendly or pleased, you never get any freebies from them, and on lower relationships, a fair trade (one for one) appears impossible, too. Additionally, they don't give much + for bribery. The day before I paid 1800 gold trying to get a defensive pact, to no avail.

Compared to this, Mansa Musa will trade techs 1:1 even if cautious, continue trading on annoyed, and even throw in some gold or the occasional world map on better relationships.

Regards.

Top Bottom