• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

The Long Delayed PBEM

at least I think that was God. Thank you.
:D
GPS to Scratcher
I Like :wavey:

Helo this is Ahbeeb from the Parchment Daily :nospam: reporting live just outside of Sidon. The Cultural Adviser is giving Xerxes the news of the Iroquois founding a city right on its border and inadvertently creating a border dispute on the already Fortified Iron deposit. Lets listen in shall we.

HE DID WHAT!!!
Great Xerxes please calm down there is pretty goods news attacked to this calamity. It better be real good, Chief Scratcher has taken away the Persian children's ability to become Immortals!
Sidon is a highly cultured city already and the Temple of Sidon is well underway of being built. What are you saying? Let the Persia's cultural influence assimilate Tyendenaga?
No Great Xerxes just the Iron Deposit.

The Settler "Irony" was tasked to secure the second gem mountain and double the security of this Iron.

Edit;
You beat me there with a settler, I had one on the way, now he will settle in the Forest next to Tyendenaga
I can see your Warrior wouldn't like that. :worship:

Xerxes
is Furious

Chief Scratcher I don't think that was a very wise move. The odds are this city will do you no good. Most of Persia is closer to it.

I have not entered your border you have put me there. I can not order Ajax the Spearman to relax his fortified stance on his Iron. He is one of my Oldest Persian Defenders. He has done Persia great honors securing it.

Because your tribe was near Sidon I dispatched many units to Sidon, They are going to this Great Temple being built to Pray, and for the Gems nearby, as I said this was going to be a popular place. I wasn't kidding

Alexander the Spearman stood his ground this turn but i assure you, depending or your reply, you will have caused a Great Early War.

Disband this city at once or I will find your Horses and use them against you! If you think there is someway you could bring Iroquois workers near Sidon's Iron. :cringe: even your Warriors their way to defend it.

Silly Chief, Iron is for Immortals, and Horses are for Indians ;)

GPS to Bowsling.....

Smoke signals are relayed to Salamanca from the frontier town of Tyendenaga conveying the Persian message. Hiawatha is amused :lol: at Xerxes anger, and the Persian demands to abandon Tyendenaga. Perhaps Xerxes anger is better directed at the founder of Sidon. :mischief:

Hiawatha calls his most trusted generals, Deganawida (The Great Peacemaker) and True Arrow to his longhouse to discuss the Persian demands and to advise him on Persia's intentions.

After some serious pipe smoking :smoke: , Hiawatha's response is:

"Xerxes, Tyendenaga will not be abondoned by the Iroquois people, these are our sacred mountains. For the second time the Persians are requested to remove their units from Iroquois territory, they are not wanted. Leave or declare war."

(note: this message was scribbled on some deer hide, wrapped around an arrow shaft, and shot into town centre of Sidon by a very brave Brave (Quick Foot) who was sent right up to the walls of the Persian town.)

Scratcher

Yeah it's summer :)

Can you guys try my BigGameHunter map for a few turns and tell me what you think? I can't get it to load in single player mode but it was not intended for that anyway.
I want to see if it is an acceptable map for those that prefer micro-management and/or Empire building? It's concept is again equality of land per player but now VP locations are added close to home and near your land's entrance. All areas meet in the middle so early control of the middle might be your strategy or you might plan to be more reserved and plan that move for the next era, I see many ways to play but it is in my opinion lacking 2 areas, 1)how to balance VP scoring and 2)a way to win if you are a peaceful defensive player. Your opinions mean a lot because I want to, IF I get positive feedback I want to introduce the concept to the DG and SG communities and mirror it to CivIV and CivV communities. I would like to be saved the embarrassment later if the concept is bad for a turn based game genre.
Thanks
Eclipse4449

Yeah it's summer :)

Can you guys try my BigGameHunter map for a few turns and tell me what you think? I can't get it to load in single player mode but it was not intended for that anyway.
I want to see if it is an acceptable map for those that prefer micro-management and/or Empire building? It's concept is again equality of land per player but now VP locations are added close to home and near your land's entrance. All areas meet in the middle so early control of the middle might be your strategy or you might plan to be more reserved and plan that move for the next era, I see many ways to play but it is in my opinion lacking 2 areas, 1)how to balance VP scoring and 2)a way to win if you are a peaceful defensive player. Your opinions mean a lot because I want to, IF I get positive feedback I want to introduce the concept to the DG and SG communities and mirror it to CivIV and CivV communities. I would like to be saved the embarrassment later if the concept is bad for a turn based game genre.
Thanks
Eclipse4449

GPS to Calis, for real this time.

I saw the PBEM you posted, but I figure three PBEMs are enough, especially as this one continues to mature and take longer.

But I might give the map a shot if I have time.

WHAT IS THE MEANING OF YOUR MOST RECENT MOVEMENT IROQUOIS?

Xerxes, Quick Foot was just delivering the message! He has retreated to neutral territory. :wavey:

And the same old story continues...
Just some good old fashioned posturing and spying. Nothing to shout about. :scan:

Yes, there must be something up there that both sides want really badly?!
(Perhaps I should go, take a look and try getting it myself... Making it a little "Pas de trois"... )
I can save you several centuries of walking through infested jungle, up and down endless barren mountains, by telling you there is nothing to see here. :shifty:

GPS to Bowsling

Scratcher

GPS to Scratcher

Oh man one more Dutch city to pass

Sorry for the delay guys, Ill spare you the details but nothing seems to be working out right now for me. But it's nothing new so one foot in front of the other

Top Bottom