The Mod of Modness

Hi,

I downloaded this and is a great mod. I kind of modify the biq a bit and I am using Japan. I kind of want to cheat a little so I gave myself some units to begin with like Awesome AWS8Q, MechFX, etc.. those units from Japan and when I load it, it gave me an error "file not found .. Art\Units\AwesomeAws8q\../MechFx./Run.wav"

So I was wondering does it do the same to your's?

My laptop's currently crashed, so I'm going to need to sort that out before I can check this error - I'm sorry. Give me a fortnight hopefully.
Have you downloaded all the patches? This may have been addressed in one of them.
Thanks for playing! =D

My laptop's currently crashed, so I'm going to need to sort that out before I can check this error - I'm sorry. Give me a fortnight hopefully.
Have you downloaded all the patches? This may have been addressed in one of them.
Thanks for playing! =D

Alright, I think I got it working now, I did not change the name of the biq, left it as The Mod Of Modness Biq. I changed the name of it before so it did not work. It should be good now.

Did you fix the error yet?

Attachments

• ModOfModnessError.JPG
    ModOfModnessError.JPG
    49.9 KB · Views: 296
The obvious solution would be to go to \Scenarios\The Mod of Modness\Art\Units\Awesome AWS8Q\ and open Awesome AWS8Q.ini, then remove all the text reading "../MechFX/*.wav". That'll make the game run (I believe) but the Awesome AWS8Q will miss some sounds in it's play.
I think that'll work.
I would find a better solution, but I don't have CivIII installed right now, due to laptop crash and then a messed up disk.
And if you want me to get around to doing something, yes, you do reeeeaaally need to pester me to do it. XD

EDIT:
If this done turn out to be the solution, I'm afraid you'll have to edit all these .inis:

what do you get from ancient atheism? lol is it some sort of secular govt.?

Unfortunately this mod was lost a number of years back in a hard drive crash, so I would also like to raise my voice to ask if anyone out there in the wider community happens to have a version of it saved, as I'd love to play it again too!

Unfortunately this mod was lost a number of years back in a hard drive crash, so I would also like to raise my voice to ask if anyone out there in the wider community happens to have a version of it saved, as I'd love to play it again too!
I have. Where should I put it? It is 1147 MB.

Last edited:
I have. Where should I put it? It is 1147 M

Incredible! So glad to hear it still exists somewhere! If you could upload via something like WeTransfer to send over, and then I can work out a more long-term location to host it.

Back in the day it was a real pain finding anywhere that would host files of this size, but file hosting really has come a long way! Many thanks for this.

Incredible! So glad to hear it still exists somewhere! If you could upload via something like WeTransfer to send over, and then I can work out a more long-term location to host it.
I will try. To which address should I send the file?

I will try. To which address should I send the file?
If you can generate a link and post it here, that will work. Alternatively you can PM me the link - thanks again so much for this!

Thanks so much @Haddu ! Have edited the first post to include a Google Drive download link for the mod.

@Ozymandias - good to see you, hope I haven't missed much!

georgstow, welcome back! :)

Yes, you have missed much. The Flintlock mod is a revolution in modding C3C.

Top Bottom