The Mod of Modness

Thank you. Any more suggestions you make will be taken into consideration and I'll get round to sorting some more stuff out later. More suggestions will be appreciated massively.

:O Someone's downloading the torrent! =D
Makes me happy.

sorry not me, i already downloaded :sad:, where i can put that big folder to help you lol

Umm... what? Does that makes sense in English?

Just guessing...

1. Download the mod.torrent file.
2. Copy the mod.rar file to bittorrent's download folder
3. Add the mod.torrent to your torrent client. If all goes well, it should seed from your mod.rar in the download folder .

* You need to make sure that the mod rar file and the rar file in the torrent are exactly the same. The torrent might be a later version than the initial downloaded rar file; I'm not sure.

yea that cause something , probably dont have the patch yet..

georgestow , did you patch the mod lately ?

You won't be able to torrent, unfortunately, because I cleaned up one or two things between uploading the direct download and setting up the torrent. These fixes are also in the patch I've released.
So yes, I have patched the mod fairly recently. The patch zip and the new biq are on the first post.

Well I've got the torrent set up now, so it's not really needed. If you downloadsed by torrent, I'd just like you to seed please.

No, the torrent doesn't reach those speeds...
Can some websites do that well enough? Cos I know some claim so, but when downloading it's normally less anyway cos of all the other computery shizz that happens between and if you lose internet at any point all the progress you've downloaded is lost, unlike with a torrent.

MegaUpload is pretty good but varies.. non-member usually gets between 150 and 300+ (for me at least, depends on how heavy a load servers have). Atomic Gamer was steady at 480-530KB for me earlier. Rapidshare is pitifully slow for non-users, but members can get over 1MB/sec. Filedropper claims good speeds, but I can't remember what they run at, but I'm pretty sure it's fairly fast.

I know with enough users torrents can fly.. but I was just offering in case some members don't know how or what to use a torrent.

Well torrents aren't hard to figure out. I suppose you can upload it to another site if you want to, but I've tried it before and I've always lost internet part way through and had to start over, never completing and upload, cos it's take aaaaages.

I played as Zulu and couldn't help noticing that woman unit, the Vutwamini Maiden) Does that have any background? The picture is quite hot)

Sorry i can't help you with the downloads. In my country the Internet traffic is limited so torrents is not my field.

It's okay if you don't seed, I'm not going to eat you because of it. I'd just like more seeds.
And search for Vutwamanini (or however it's spelt) in the unit forums to find out about it.

Speaking for myself, alternate download links would be a great help. I don't think I can use torrent files, because my uni monitors my connection, and I think they take a "cut off internet first, ask questions later" approach to things like torrents. And thats if I can get it past the firewall...

After playing the mod a few times I have this comment to make. Namely, that farms and farmers are redundant and quite unnecessary.

I rarely build Galleass but: FNF "Art\Units\VenetianGalleass\VenetianGalleass\.INI" showed up when I did. Game running smoother with 20 civ. Yes many things seem to be "redundant" but promise to have further use. Farms are auto production improvements that give "free" units. IMO very nice. BTW I fixed FNF for myself.

If you take a closer look at the tech tree in all 4 eras - most of it doesn't make sense. Lots of technologies are not logically connected to each other. It's all such a mess. For example you can research Military tradition without researching Chivalry, Barding, Plate armor and several others thusly opening the latest units and eliminating most of the units of the medieval era. They should be logically connected and lead to the Military traditions.

Top Bottom