The Modding Q&A Thread

Well that didn't help :sad: That's exacly what my setup is on one of my three computers.

Next step I can think of is a reinstall but I don't know if you want to go down that path yet.

everything else seems to be working except the Mehmed II leaderhead is red and the Korean leaderhead is missing except the hat and hair

I know how to make a civ spawn at different dates or respawn, but I don't know how to make these civs playable. For example, I've been trying to make certain civs like the Moors (modded from Carthage) and the rhine states (modded from Greece) playable, but despite them spawning correctly when they are AI, when I try to play as them I get an instant defeat screen. I've changed their spawn in Consts.py as well, but it doesn't seem to help. =|

I have a question about the Worldbuilder screen.

I'm trying to create a new mod, and for some reason the buttons on the world builder screen aren't showing up. I borrowed new terrains from SoI, and so far they appear correctly on the map, but I don't entirely understand what files influence the worldbuilder. Can someone explain?

I'm changing islam to zoroastrianism and the icon is showing up properly in the city screen, in the religious advisor screen, and in the civilopedia, but not on the main map or the buttons for building temples etc. Can anyone help me with this? The only xml changes I have made are in CIV4ReligionInfo. Thanks.

xml won't work for all of it, i'm afraid. The icon above the cityname on the map is in the .tga-file (RFC has a seperate one, it's in Assets/res/fonts), and the islam icon on the buildings' buttons are directly on, well, the buildings' buttons. You have to change the button or take one of another building.
I recommend "Just Another Religion Mod", if you don't use it already. It's art is plain magnificent.

EDIT: I might as well give you the link

Thank you for the info. So those would be SDK changes? (the city bar thatis, not the buildings) I will need to add 2 more religion slots later anyway and more civ slots as well so I guess I will save those changes til then.

Thank you for the info. So those would be SDK changes? (the city bar thatis, not the buildings) I will need to add 2 more religion slots later anyway and more civ slots as well so I guess I will save those changes til then.

I never changed the .tga file, but you can open it with gimp, so tga is just another picture format. I think i saw a tutorial about it in the modiki, but once you've opened it it's pretty clear how it works. Good luck:goodjob:

What about adding religion slots? Do you know a tutorial for that? Or a "blank dll" that only adds civ and religion slots?

Sorry, i'm a total noob in SDK. The only thing i've done so far is compiling vanilla CIV:undecide:

@The_J

Here is my save game file I mentioned.

Thanks!

Attachments

• True Cross KoJ Test.zip
    493.6 KB · Views: 60
I edited my tga file and now corporation logos don't appear on the map. The religions appear, with my changes, but no corps. Anyone know what might cause this? I know my tga is ok since I did a test and put my tga in SoI and everything works perfectly. Its just in my mod, or in regular BTS, no matter which tga I use, including the original which I did not edit, that the corps don't display.

haha turns out corporations wont ever display until the holy city is present on the map.

Does anyone know how I can change the city workable radius from a fat cross to a square? (so that the 4 corner tiles can be worked by the city when they become part of the cultural borders)

Vercinger, that would involve C++ programming, since I believe the shape of the city radius is hard-coded into the Core Game DLL. But if you know your way around the SDK, then it should be possible. Someone else would be able to help you out with the specifics.

Is it possible to have an independent city spawn, inside a foreign culture? I currently have an independent city spawning from the barbs.py file, but at times that specific plot is covered by another foreign culture, and therefore it does not spawn :(
So is there a way of removing that foreign culture for one turn, for the city to spawn?

Thanks for anybodies help! :D

there is code that does that in rhye's. in riseandfall.py I think. look for "birthInForeignBorders".

No, the code in Barbs responsible for spawning of independent cities has some conditions attached to it. Actually, trying to achieve this was exactly how I got into modding in the first place. :D

What you could do, is to spawn that city without using the default city spawning method in the mod. That involves writing your own Python script for the spawn...

Baldyr can you go on gmail chat now by any chance?

Also how do I get a civ to be a vassal of another civ from the civs spawn? I thought it was in the World Builder file, but I can't find any reference to it :(

Top Bottom