1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

The name of our Capital City ~

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Demo Game V: Citizens' started by Cyc, Jul 24, 2004.

1. Donovan Zoi

Donovan Zoi The Return

Thanks, Cyc. Actually, I think I read that somewhere earlier, so shame on me. ;)

So can you imagine the last 4 DemoGames without Fox's Nest, Bavaria, Noshuret or Deux Rivieres? Each of these historic cities have been named by the Term 1 President of each respective game. I see no reason to part with tradition now.

2. Comnenus

Comnenus AKA Kenshin

Actually, Washington, D.C. came along quite a bit later. The first capital was New York City.

3. Comnenus

Comnenus AKA Kenshin

If there is going to be this much wrangling over the naming of one tiny village, what happens when we get to the important things?

Personally, the name of the city is unimportant to me as long as I can pronounce it. Why not just let the President decide the first one and the first mayor of each additional city decide on subsequent ones?

4. Espírito

Espírito Civ Addict

Names ARE important, to some of use (me included) but I feel that the first city should be named by the Term 1 President definitely, we voted for them, its just one more decision for them to make.