The name of our Capital City ~

Thanks, Cyc. Actually, I think I read that somewhere earlier, so shame on me. ;)

So can you imagine the last 4 DemoGames without Fox's Nest, Bavaria, Noshuret or Deux Rivieres? Each of these historic cities have been named by the Term 1 President of each respective game. I see no reason to part with tradition now.

Falcon02 said:
This is why Washington DC. in the US is named WASHINGTON DC. after George Washington.

I still feel it should be named by the first president it is tradition after all. But we might want to poll it. Some people seem to think this is some sort of Elitist "dominance" over the citizenry....:rolleyes:

Actually, Washington, D.C. came along quite a bit later. The first capital was New York City.

Epimethius said:
I do think it should be up to the citizens entirely. This is a demogame. Come on. Its only one city, anyway. :p

If there is going to be this much wrangling over the naming of one tiny village, what happens when we get to the important things?

Personally, the name of the city is unimportant to me as long as I can pronounce it. Why not just let the President decide the first one and the first mayor of each additional city decide on subsequent ones?

Names ARE important, to some of use (me included) but I feel that the first city should be named by the Term 1 President definitely, we voted for them, its just one more decision for them to make.

Top Bottom