The new infraction system explained

Put your handbag away, i obviously jest, and was not meaning you specifically either. Noone could argue for banning good and constructive posters.

Who counts as a good and constructive? If we could make derailing a thread a more serious offence, that would help.

What? What's with pettyness Abaddon? Why do you want good posters like me banned?

I personally don't think its really an unbiased judgment if someone (Not necessarily just you, but ANY poster) judges themself as a "Good poster." I think its a little bit arrogant, obviously nearly everyone considers themselves a good poster. But it matters what other people think (Or in my case, I don't give a crap what people think) as to whether you are a good poster.

Personally? Just be the best poster you can and let the community be the judge.

It's not arrogent when it's the truth.

I am sure others would disagree...

(please don't jump on the offence wagon and assume it means i think you are a bad poster,that i can can neither confirm or deny!)

It's not arrogent when it's the truth.

No, its an opinion (I'm not claiming to agree or disagree with that opinion, I'm simply pointing out that its true.)

Seriously, its never a good idea to use yourself as an example (And this applies to everyone, not just you) unless it is in a neutral light. Because you can't judge yourself with an unbiased nature (And again, I'm not talking to just you). I mean, there's a reason soldiers don't just give Medals of Honor to themselves

Question to the Moderators: Has a ruling been made on the five point ban? As many users have indicated, it punishes very bad behavior very little, but it punishes good posters who slip up every now and then much more. Under this system (While I'm not going to actually do this, because I will not intentionally break the rules), it would make more sense to "Force" yourself to stay in the 10-20 point infraction group.

What is the moderator verdict on making first bans harder to get while making subsequent bans easier to get, as BSmith suggested?
A new infraction scheme is being discussed that incorporates many of the suggestions made by posters. BSmith's ideas have been well received and "included". We think we have good solutions for many of the issues raised. Don't ask me when, I cannot predict.

Glad I could be of service! :hatsoff:

The next version of the infraction system will go for the general staff review tomorrow night and then hopefully, back here sometime next week, depending upon the questions and issues they raise and what needs to be addressed again.

Hopefully this will deal with the problem posters, trolls, etc.

Top Bottom