The Official "I've Got It!" Thread. Post here....

finally!!!!!!!!!! It's available on an italian web site! I've just finished to send my datas...in two days I should have it! maybe not tomorrow, but on monday I'll play all the day:D

just got mine from evil Amazon, UPS 2 day + 2 day delay of amazon.

our local grocery store just got Pomegranates too, so i can play as Rome, and eat like a Roman too

GOT IT!!:) EBgames-Mississauga

well... see you... in a few days... got to go!:p

I held off buying until Fry's here in Houston received the game because they advertised a "guaranteed low price". I'm glad that I waited... collector's edition is now in my hands for $36.99!! :king:

finally... my own fault for not willing to pay for faster shipping.. but so far I'm thrilled.. loaded fine runs well but with some choppiness... but it looks fantastic and sounds great..

well worth the money and the wait..

"In the beginning, the Earth was without form, and boiled..."

Got my copy of Civ 4 Special Edition (Preorder Edition) two days ago. Real fun to play. Heheh.

Was hoping to get it on the 25th, but was told it had been delayed. Picked it up after work on Wednesday and went right home to play. Got the Special Edition and the soundtrack is great too!!

I've never played a Civ game before, got interested in it from watching some friends play Civ 3 but didn't have a computer that could play games.

Man, the game is a LOT of fun. The tutorial leaves some room for improvement for completely new players.......

I can honestly say I am hooked..... :goodjob:

Bit more of a performance hog than previous Civ's and I've got the stutterring movies playback that's been plaguing some other folks, but I've turned movies off for now and am still enjoying. I'm sure some of these problems can get ironed out in a patch--in fact, Firaxis built a patch updater into the game!

I'm an English perfectionist so I noticed a few misspellings and some mismatches between what Sid says and what dialogue is printed (in the tutorial), but the new game mechanics are a great enhancement.

Civ 1 got us hooked and the cartoony world leaders were fun. Civ 2 upped the strategy pieces and introduced an isometric format as well as the classy touch of wonder movies. Civ 3 introduced more strategy components and a clean interface, but somehow didn't engage me as much as Civ 4 does.

Somehow taking all the fun parts of the previous Civ's and taking out the boring parts, Civ 4 reminds us once again how great a GAME it is. Colorful, with history again made lively, and stable/playable for the most part, I agree with the reviewers who gave this one a "must buy!!!" I can't remember being this hooked since putting Civ 1 into a 3.5 floppy drive...

i got it...and i uploaded a pic of my happy face upon getting it in the galleries - civ4 - miscellaneous

there was a tiny bit of clipping in the intro video but overall it runs awesome

here are my specs:
thank god for geforce 5500 256mb
2.5ghz AMD
1gb RAM

boycott Amazon! Boycott It! I'm Never Going To Buy Anything From That Site Again! Nov 1 Is Not 3 Days Dumbasses

Got the game yesterday. Decided to upgrade my monitor to a new 19 inch Viewsonic VA912B today.
Ran with the DVI hookup...Clicked on icon to start Civ 4, and holy cow! Man I was blown away. Was running an old, dark CRT before......A new, bigger monitor really makes the new civ 4 interface shine.....

:crazyeye: :goodjob: :lol: GOT IT! :lol: :goodjob: :crazyeye:

ITALY! My LOYAL little customer had it! I had reserved it a month ago, he had to sell it out on 4th november, but he blinked at me ;) sold! €39,90
He's my new personal HERO.

Firts night without sleep!

Everithing is ok on my Athlon XP 2200, 512 Mb RAM, GeForce 6600GT

except from becominh a little more sluggish after every diplomatic encounter. But this is a problem I read about on this forum, so i'm confident.
Downloading newest drivers right now (should have done it in last CRAZY and DARK days of waiting)

FINALLY I got it today $370 some odd dollars later tho lol I had to buy a new vid for my comp to run it. bought a GF 6600GT runs like a charm now.

[/URL][/IMG]

Yay! Got it!!

And i'm from the Netherlands, and bought it in a shop in Amersfoort (Dynabyte).

....off playing :king:

I got the game this morning (I live in Belgium).
When I came home, I had to do some other stuff first, and put the box out of my hands somewhere.
Then later, when I wanted to install it, I couldn't find it anywhere !
I briefly considered starting an "I've had it !" thread, but fortunately I found back my copy.

Top Bottom