The Official "I've Got It!" Thread. Post here....

Discussion in 'Civ4 - General Discussions' started by Sharlin, Oct 26, 2005.

1. vee4473

vee4473 Chieftain

2. TeeAhr1

TeeAhr1 Spiritual/Aggressive

The EB Games by my place didn't get their order in until yesterday, so I got it after work. Had to wait another day for UPS to bring my new video card (HP stock system...grumble...friggin cheapass onboard video...grumble). But the video card's in, I have the Official CivIV Soundtrack blasting on my stereo (shee-yeah), and...and "Civilization IV has been successfully installed. Click OK to exit the InstallShield Wizard."

Bye!

-pete

3. doolally

doolally pxlcrow

Got it! Toronto, Canada, pre-ordered with EB Games, shipped by FedEx, arrived this morning at 9:30 a.m. :)

4. BigStick

BigStick Chieftain

Grrrrr.......
    Amazon is a bit slow on the delivery here. May have to cancel my pre-order and buy it locally. :(

5. denyd

denyd Emperor

After going 0 for 6 on stops, I called around and manged to find copies in stock and the local Best Buy and picked my copy up on the way home.

Now all I have to do is figure out how to install it.

And now the bad news, my video card only has 32MB of RAM, so I'll have to wait until the weekend to get one with 128MB and install it then.

6. Shakey.

Shakey. Chieftain

I have a bad feeling about this. Millions of people getting hooked up by a damn computer game, and it`s not very addicte, it proably the worst drug ever in the history of game engineering. I don`t wanna get into this ****. Might spook with my life. But still, this is the secound or third webbsite I check out everytime I go online and afterwards, the history files are mysteriously gone so that my girlfriend don`t get any hints about my true identity - an well experiance military strategic of Civilization. Haven`t played anything since the fall of 2003, but at my peak, nothing came between me and victory, and then I`m talking about the hardest difficulty level. Man, I was a bloody genius. But, again, if I put my extraordinary efforts in comparison to my highscholl degree, there little doubt in what area I had sucsses, and meet a terrifing defeat. So I`ve spent the following yeras to approve my results to get accses to lawschool, and I finally made it this autumn, just then the headlines of Civilization IV release where coming up. I thought for myself. This can really screw up my future, once and for all. Trought out septemper and october I`m been doing this crazy Chines meditating, to train, calm, and empty the mind of Civ, but I did`t achievie an altered state. I booked a copy of Civ IV instead. I`m slipping away, don`t know if I ever will come back again. Hopefylly, my relationship will last through this madness, it`s pretty nice, still.. Wonder how her face expression will look like then I start to explain that a computer game is the reason why I got kicked out of the university. "Man, you don`t know the power of Civ." hehe

7. Huxley Hobbes

Huxley Hobbes Anarcho-capitalist

Collector's edition is in the bag! ^_^

8. goonie61

goonie61 Chieftain

Idk if has been asked but i love the scenerios, can anyone tell me exactly what will be the scenerios in this game?? i heard of the american rev one, is that real?? and cool???

9. WildWeazel

WildWeazel hard-coded Supporter

American Revolution, WWII Africa, Greek World, and Earth 1000 AD. I haven't played any of them yet.

10. Poisos

Poisos Chieftain

Yes, it includes English as well. The cool thing is, you can change the language even after you installed it.
    I first installed it in German, renamed the directory to trick the installation routine, and installed it once more in English. - That was of course complete nonsense!
    Just install it in any language you like (when asked by the setup). Under the optionmenu->general-tab you have a list-button to choose the language you like (although i only watched out for and tried English and German). The optionmenu and main menu might not seem do update immediantly, but click through the menu and it will update.

... You see ... I bought one yesterday :D!

11. Segal

Segal Chieftain

Got it.

Still determining whether I am going to keep it or go get my 50 bucks back.

12. IglooDude

IglooDude Enforcing Rule 34 Retired Moderator Supporter

Amazon.com apparently has had some shipping difficulties, so yesterday I called the local Gamestop, confirmed that they had a "special edition" available for me, picked it up 20min later, then cancelled my Amazon order which hadn't shipped yet.

:D

13. wmtrexler

wmtrexler ICBM Diplomacy

I got mine yesterday evening. (Harrisburg, PA) From an EB goody hut.

I played a little bit but I had other stuff to do.

So far I am really impressed. If you were new to the Series you can just sit down and play.

Currently I am stuck at work suffering from the 'Just one more turn' syndrome.

14. darkdude

darkdude Warlord

Got it.

DVD from Mediamarkt in Duisburg, Germany. Flawless (English) installation. Game runs smooth without any problem so far; using an nVidia GeForce 6200 TurboCache (64MB, supporting 256MB) videocard. Reading all the trouble people have, I almost feel like being part of a minority :)

15. TyranusBonehead

TyranusBonehead Bound & Determined

Got it last night at dinnertime. The installation went smoothly, but the game crashed my video card driver twice. No biggie, I went out to NVidia.com and downloaded the latest driver for my GForce 3 Ti 200, installed it, and have been happily puttering around with Civ4 ever since.

For those of you with 64MB video cards (particularly GForce 2 or better), I have had no problems playing the game at the highest graphic settings. It flows quite smoothly.

16. baboon

baboon Warlord

Hahaha :) Man I'm laughing while reading this at work...

17. baboon

baboon Warlord

Might try that too, a bit stupid for me though to go drive for 3 hours just to get the game earlier ;)

18. Schlomoe99

Schlomoe99 Trench Raider

:D I got it! :D My preorder edition arrived yesterday, but they sent me the French tech tree! Argh!

19. Huxley Hobbes

Huxley Hobbes Anarcho-capitalist

Cowering -> Hiding (Allows units to become invisible, but they can't move.) -> Running (Doubles movement speed on all terrain) -> Surrender -> Collaboration?

20. 12Voltman

12Voltman Chieftain

UPS delivered my Amazon order...finally! It's sitting on my front door step...the problem is that I am still at work. I've got to get out of here.:bounce: