The Official "I've Got It!" Thread. Post here....

Discussion in 'Civ4 - General Discussions' started by Sharlin, Oct 26, 2005.

1. spacedragonblue

spacedragonblue Lost in Space

My account says it should arrive Nov. 5, which annoyed me

2. Shigga

Shigga Shiggadelic Baby! :)

same here :/

3. thunderbyte71

thunderbyte71 Chieftain

Got it on saturday... in italy only in eb games shop it arrives saturday instead of 4th november.... for 40 € i bought civ 4 and civ 2.....

4. OliverTheGreat

OliverTheGreat Chieftain

I got it last saturday.
    I installed it on my computer without any problems even if I have an ATI 850XT cards (catalyst 5.10).
    This game really rocks! I stoped playing World of Warcraft :crazyeye:

5. remconius

remconius Deity

I got it Saturday morning, been playing since...

6. ironhive

ironhive Chieftain

Got mine last Friday.. too busy playing to post! :)

7. DarthCycle

DarthCycle WWII Freako

After a 12h session, all I can say is wow!

Being an owner of an Asus card with an ATI (9600XT) chipset, I was a little worried about installation but everything is running flawlessly so far.

The religion system is great. The new combat model with promotion and unit type (melee,recon,armor,...) is awesome. Much better than the old att/def of Civ3 IMO.

The key is playing the game open-minded. Try to enjoy what is there and not what you think should be there and you'll have a blast.

8. Thumper333

Thumper333 Chieftain

LOL, ain't that the truth. I just slapped down $240 for a Geforce 6600 and updated cooling equipment for my desktop so we can have 2 systems in the house running the game.

Luckily, I saved on the flowers cost as my wife is a big fan of the game too, in fact, she got ME hooked, so she can only blame herself.

;)

9. Teshik

Teshik Chieftain

Yesterday, my cousin made a surprise visit with his pc. Me: Oh, so you want another civ III tournament? He: No. Then he just pulled out TWO BRANDNEW CIV IV GAMES !!! :eek: :eek: :eek:
    I think it took me about 15 minutes to get my jaw from the floor and stopping to drool. :mischief:
    We installed the game on both pc's. No problem.
    We started the game. intro choppy, but the game starts without further probs. Beautiful graphics, nice sound.
    We try to start a singleplayer for starters. And then the game realizes I'm gambling on the system requirements because I only have 32 mb video ram and crashes my pc.
    That means I've got Civ, it's lying on my desktop right now, it's even installed on my hard disk, and yet I'm not able to play. I'm in Hell.
    :cry: :cry: :cry:

So, got any recommendations for video cards? :rolleyes:

10. Alexfrog

Alexfrog Warlord

I've got it. :)

11. redstoner

redstoner Warlord

Finally got my copy of CivIV today. I can't wait to start playing, I'm tempted to go home "sick" from work so I can get an earlier start. I just hope it works, after reading about all the problems people are having with video cards I'm worried I'm going to be in the same situation. My two year old laptop may not be too cooperative. Here's hoping...

12. Padmewan

Padmewan King

I'm now much happier with Amazon! They estimated delivery for Nov 5, but it arrived today -- with Super Saver shipping! It was admittedly a work address, but when I tracked the package and saw that it was in-state yesterday, I knew I'd get it today! *glee*

(Of course, I'm at work now and there are many hours to go before I can even think of installing it... and I'm dreading possible issues with the fact that I have a Radeon 9800 Pro...)

13. Ralendil

Ralendil Augustus

I have it... and i am disappointed by it...

1/ no real editor to mod the game

2/ the game refuses to load (a big problem for a game :lol: )

for the 2 I have tried all fixes (and there's a lot in the support forum, never seen so much fixes for a retail game) and none work...

Congrats Firaxis :goodjob:

I have bought all civilization games since the first opus, but I hope they will correct that quickly to not disgust me definitively of the Civilization serie...

55 € .... :mad: ...

14. Steve2000

Steve2000 Mighty Pirate

Got it!!!! Woo hoo. Amazon said it was estimated to arrive by 11/2, but it actually arrived on Friday 10/28. Unfortunately I wasn't home when it came so it went to the post office. My post office is closed on Saturday so I couldn't get it until this morning (10/31)! GRRRRRRR But it is in my hot little hands now!!!

Now to install it....

@Fluteman - mine was a presell edition. I ordered it back on 10/15. The estimated ship date was 10/25 (it actually shipped on 10/26) and like I said it arrived on 10/28 despite the later estimate.

15. allhailcaesar

allhailcaesar Chieftain

Preordered on EB games with 2 day shipping, arrived last thursday, on time even!! Had a chance to play a game, still getting used to the "look", the more I play it the more I like it, hopefully that will continue!

16. Puppeteer

Puppeteer Emperor

Argh! I couldn't stand it any longer and bought the game. EB Games, Plainfield, IN.

Months ago I built a new PC and planned to preorder, but I am in the process of trying to move. (Don't have a new job or move date yet, though.) So I decided I don't have time to get into Civ4 upon release.

A rough day, a need for some escapism and reading CFC Forums pushed me over the edge, and I bought the collossal time waster.

Installing it as I type...think it's time to change CDs.

17. Corn Shucker

Corn Shucker Great Khorn

I left work with one thing on my mind- Civ4. As I drove down my neighborhood street, I saw the shadowy outline of what appeared to be a UPS truck... Could it be??? I headed down my driveway and as I exited my vehical and looked back-sure enough, a UPS man walking down the driveway. I walked to meet him and took the brown box from his hands.

I finally got it! Installing as we speak :) already impressed by the packaging :) I like the bible case alot! Looking forward to many great Civ games to come! Be back in a month...

18. Ralendil

Ralendil Augustus

you should speak after :p

I hope for you you won't have any problems, but some have problems with the game ;)

well I have tried all drivers I could, all fixes reported... nice packaging ... a little expensive for only a book but nice :mischief:

19. Daelda

Daelda Peleahn Viran

Just got it this morning and installed it just fine. Ran the tutorial and tried an Epic/Huge game - got to 1100AD without any major problems. I am going to start a new game in a moment, now that I know some of the basics better. The only problems experienced so far:

1) Mislabled Install/Play Discs
    2) Video stuttering

20. CivArmy s. 1994

CivArmy s. 1994 Deity

ladiess and getlements, I got it :)