The Official Unit Select/Order Sounds Lab!

I'll am recording the Danish sounds now. What format should they be in?

Here is what they will be:

Order 000- "Javel!"
Order 001- "Rykker ud!"
Order 002- "Selvfølgelig."
Order 003- "Den klarer vi."
Order 004- "Det er i orden."
Order 005- "Hermed gjort"
Order 006- "Meget vel."
Order 007- "Vi er på vej!"
Order 008- "Afgang!"
Order 009- "De kan regne med os."

Select 000- "Melder sig."
Select 001- "Til tjeneste."
Select 002- "Hvad skal jeg gøre?"
Select 003- "Afventer ordrer."
Select 004- "Klar til at gå i gang!"
Select 005- "Hvad er planen?"
Select 006- "Ja?"
Select 007- "Giv mig en kommando."
Select 008- "Hvad skulle det være?"
Select 009- "Alle mand klar."

EDIT: I've recorded them as .wav files and they work in the game. Where should I upload them? (I haven't uploaded to this site before).

You can upload them here or on the download page. To do it here generally you put them in some kind of zip or rar file. In the post quick reply use the Advanced tab. Then scroll down to the manage attachments tab. Click on there it will bring a pop up window. Look for upload file from your computer. Find the file and hit upload. It will then add a section called current attachments. Close the window and scroll down to make sure it is there then post it.

Or you can upload the files for the whole community on the download page. Go to this page, http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=cat&id=108. Click on add file and follow the instructions. Type in file name, Author, a brief description. Scroll down to upload file/link. Use the browse button to upload from your computer or a link to your file. A lot of people use other things like File front or svn to host the file.

They are directly translated from the English sounds on page 1 of this thread. :)

You can upload them here or on the download page. To do it here generally you put them in some kind of zip or rar file. In the post quick reply use the Advanced tab. Then scroll down to the manage attachments tab. Click on there it will bring a pop up window. Look for upload file from your computer. Find the file and hit upload. It will then add a section called current attachments. Close the window and scroll down to make sure it is there then post it.

What's with the image attached to this post?

A mistake on my part, i was going through the steps as i was writing them here, thought i hit delete ended up hitting enter, dont worry its just my ugly old mug. Ah there we go, i learned how to remove a image, hadn't have to do that b4.

^Oh, sorry, my bad; I've been quite busy the last week or couple or weeks or whatever. The problem with my Vietnamese sounds is that the only adequate ones I could find were apaprently made by a woman, so I'll have to go into my audio editing program and change them, which will take some time.

Sorry for the delay; I'll get to them eventually (also, if you really do need them by some certain time, I will certainly be more than happy to get them done by then).

Well take your time on that then, because practically all of the units I have are male, with the exception of the Elephants (which are the Trung sisters and have Elephant Order/Select sounds anyway). So yeah...

Alright, so I apparently snatched a recorder, and have successfully recorded my own Vietnamese select/order sounds! (for those who are interested)

The download is here: http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=13697

Notes:

- My pronounciation (and maybe even grammar) is a bit off (just a bit), thanks to the fact that I was born here and not Vietnam... but that shouldn't be too much a problem
- I edited the files to make them not only cleaner, but a bit more high-pitched (my voice is a bit too deep for an average Vietnamese), so feel free to edit the pitch
- All the order/select sounds translate to something relatively similar to the ones in the game (i.e., "Let's go!", "What is it?", "Very good!", etc.), but a few are common expressions/exclamations I have heard my relatives use. A couple are slightly irrelevant/nonsensical, just for fun, but it's still Vietnamese.

Hope someone can use these! :)

Good work man! These will be in my mod as soon as I can get them in, if you'd like you can be one of the playtesters. If you are interested please PM me, that is how I keep track of who is playtesting.

- My pronounciation (and maybe even grammar) is a bit off (just a bit), thanks to the fact that I was born here and not Vietnam... but that shouldn't be too much a problem

Where is 'here'?

^Here as in "America".

Anyhow, as much as I would be more than happy to help you with your mod, I'm already finding little time to work on my own mod. Plus, anyways, my laptop is pretty old, so the game lags even on duel-sized maps, so... yeah.

Looks like Thanksgiving Weekend is giving me more free time than I wished for.

Anyhow, here's Swahili unit sounds for those who are interested:

http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=13698

Just in case I didn't say so before, I got all of these audio clips from a website. Obviously, they do not 100% cater to the needs of civilization modders, so I tried to find the clips that would make the most sense (i.e. "Hello", "Where?"), although one or two are nonsensical/irrelevant (i.e. "Where is dinner!!!"), although I don't think that's the important thing - it's the Swahili language, and if you can use it, great.

Top Bottom