• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

The Old Empires

What do you think of this scenario

• Incredible!

Votes: 55 45.1%
  • Great

Votes: 33 27.0%
  • Ok

Votes: 16 13.1%
  • Bad

Votes: 18 14.8%

• Total voters
its now gotten to the point that im trying to keep a good production balance for countries. europe has WAY too many resouces after your requests, and many i just left out because i had no room. the simple truth is that the US indeed had those kind of resources, as did siberia.

Coal Facts 2002

Total Global Hard Coal Production:
2001 3,834 million tonnes (Mt)
1977 2,568 Mt - 49% growth over past 25 years

Total Global Brown Coal/Lignite Production:
2001 903 Mt
(Germany is the world’s largest brown coal/lignite producing country, representing just under 20% of global production in 2001.)

Major Producers of Hard Coal (2001) include:

PR China 1,294 Mt
USA 945 Mt
India 312.5 Mt
Australia 257 Mt
South Africa 224.5 Mt
Russia 168 Mt
Poland 104 Mt
Indonesia 92.5
Ukraine 82 Mt
Kazakhstan 73 Mt

Sarevok,

As you can see the total world production of coal is 4737 Mt, but the USA production is only 945 Mt, or just less than 20%.

The russian production is 168 Mt or 3.5 % of the world production.

This can show you that your sentence: "the simple truth is that the US indeed had those kind of resources, as did siberia" is only a mith.

But don't worry because a lot of people think the same, and inded Europe has a lot of natural resources, or you can not explain the european prominence in the last 500 years.

Domestic Production and Use: The value of usable ore shipped from mines in Minnesota, Michigan, and two other
States in 2002 was estimated at $1.2 billion. Eleven iron ore production complexes with 11 mines, 8 concentration
plants, and 8 pelletizing plants were in operation during the year. The mines included 11 open pits and no
underground operations. Virtually all ore was concentrated before shipment. Eight mines operated by five companies
accounted for 99% of production. The United States produced 4% of the world’s iron ore output and consumed about
6%.

A large portion, about 475 million tons per year, of world iron ore production is exported because much iron ore is not
consumed in the country in which it is produced. Australia and Brazil, for example, rank first and second, respectively,
in world production (Fe content) but 6th and 15th, respectively, in pig iron production (China produces more ore than
any other nation, but its ore is low grade). The vast majority of exports are seaborne.

Iron ore is the only source of primary iron.

Mine production
2001 2002e

United States 46 50
Australia 180 190
Brazil 210 220
Canada 29 35
China 220 230
India 79 80
Kazakhstan 14 16
Mauritania 10 10
Russia 83 88
South Africa 35 37
Sweden 20 20
Ukraine 55 60
Other countries 78 80

World total (rounded) 1,060 1,100

As you can see the USA Iron production is only 4.6% of the world production, as a matter fact USA need to import Iron From Canada, 49%; Brazil, 38%; Australia, 5%; Venezuela, 3%; and other, 5%.

The russian production is only a 8% of the world production.

http://minerals.usgs.gov/minerals/pubs/commodity/iron_ore/340303.pdf

Do you still think that: "the simple truth is that the US indeed had those kind of resources, as did siberia"

Final thing, USA have too many natural resources, and it's no real. But it is your scenario and you can do as you please.

Sarevok,

I’m giving you the most geographically correct information for your map, but it is up to you how to use this information. If I told you about the natural resources in USA is because first I check the information.

In any time you can ask me anything about the information that I post for the map, and if you think the something is wrong let me know. I’m human and I can have mistakes, but believe me I usually double check the information before I post something.

I can understand that you want to do some minor changes in all the information that I give you, all for the fun in the game. But if you change too much the scenario it does not gonna be real, and I think that it can be nice if you need to have wars only to secure natural resources.

Remember that the natural resources was one of the principal motivations for the wars, think about the Gulf War, the European imperialism, the WW2 in Asia…and more. Well it could be nice try to simulate this, and I know that is difficult with the game but…you never know.

Today, the horse is still used as a work horse by cowboys both here and in Australia, Mexico and South America

Some European and Asian farmers still use them for field work and as hauling animals. They still work the fields of Africa and are indispensable in some of the Third World Nations, both as a source of labor and a source of pleasure.

As you can see you need to put plenty of horses everywhere.

1- one near caracas
2- one near Recife
3- one near Belem
4- two near salvador
5-one near Quito
6- Two near Lima
7- two near chuquisaca
8- two near rio de Janeiro
9- one near Sao paolo
10- one near Asuncion
11- one near Porto Alegre
12- one near Buenos Aires
13- two more near Santiago

The only Salpeter in south Amrica is located in Chile, the best thing is two near Cuchisaca (the real name is Cuchicamata) and one near Santiago.

1-no Coal near Rio de janeiro
2- No coal near Sao Paolu
3- one near Bogota
4- one near Proto Alegre
5-one near Santiago

1- one near Bogota
2- one near Quito
3-two near Caracas
4- two near Port Spain
5-one near Salvador
6- one nearChuquisaca
7- one near Santiago
8- One in the patagonia
9- one in Tierra de Fuego (the island in the South of south America)

the map does start in 1914, resources have not been truly exhausted out yet like they are today. The us as massive resources and still odes, just not as many as I depicted on the map. Ill LIMIT thew amount i have on there, but im going to leave several extras for the US. what about siberia? personally i think that oil suits the region well along with the vast coal and iron reserves.

you also forget much of siberias resources remain untapped or badly prccessed and used. done correctly ands they can kick and be very dangerous. i left them unraded because of tyhe fact i plan to have it be so that by the time they can, Stalin would have been in power.

1- no Rubber in Panama
too much rubber in Brazil (5 to be exact)
1- two Rubber near Manaus
2- one near Belem
3- no more Rubber in Brazil, never near Rio or Sao Paolo. You need jungle for the rubber in South America.

1- two near Caracas
2- one near Georgetown
3- one near Cayene
4- one near Manaus
5- one near Rio
6- one near Sao Paulo

"
Originally posted by Sarevok
the map does start in 1914, resources have not been truly exhausted out yet like they are today. "
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As a matter fact in 1914 the people know less natural resources than today. With the oli expectations and knows reserves of 1914, and the oil historic consumption, we will be out of oil in 1965-1975. And I think that my car still uses and oil derivate.

But I accept that every year we discober new deposits or new ways to obtain more quantity from the same amount. Today an oil drill produces 45% more oil that in 1920
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"The us as massive resources and still odes, just not as many as I depicted on the map."

I'm sorry to disagree with you but the USA is import dependent in Oil, gas, Iron, Uranium and a lot of valuables natural resources

"what about siberia? personally i think that oil suits the region well along with the vast coal and iron reserves.
"

That was the general opinion in the 80's and 90's, my teachers teach me that when I was in college 1994-1998. But a few years latter we discovered that everything was the work of the Soviet propaganda. When the westeners went to Siberia they didn't found the what everybody was waiting but less and more expensive.

The new Oil and Coal reserves in Siberia are so remote that they will have economic sense with teletransportation or if you pay $20 a galon of gasoline. Australian coal is cheaper and arabian oil is cheaper.

The horse was first domesticated in Central Asia about 4500 BC. It wasn't too long before the rest of Asia discovered the benefits of the horse and the Middle East followed quickly in discovering how useful the horse could be to mankind. Horses were used for transport, entertainment, as weapons of war, as a system of money and unfortunately, as a source of food.

I think that this explain horses everywhere especially:
1- Mongolia
2-Northern China
3- Middle East
4- Central Asia

1- six Iron in Siberia
2- no iron in Japan
3- two near Seoul
4- one nearpeking
5- two near Canton
6- no near Taihoku
7- no iron near Teheran