1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Photobucket has changed its policy concerning hotlinking images and now requires an account with a $399.00 annual fee to allow hotlink. More information is available at: this link.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Dismiss Notice
  7. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

The "OMG! Look what happened!" Thread

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Rhye's and Fall of Civilization' started by ZachScape, Apr 12, 2009.

1. ales_

ales_ Heir

Please, spoiler your images.

2. DrZomboss

DrZomboss Brrrainz Gourmet

Oops, yes, I see that can be disturbing. I will from now on. Fixed it now.

3. ales_

ales_ Heir

It is extremely disturbing for me because I'm watching this from a mobile phone using the Opera Mini browser which means that the amount of images that can be loaded is limited.

4. Iapetus303

Iapetus303 Chieftain

Playing as the Persians, I think I've accidently crippled the Arabs without even trying.

Attached Files:

5. DrZomboss

DrZomboss Brrrainz Gourmet

Now, I have something that is better. This is a TRUE OMG.

Spoiler :

6. Sitalkas

Sitalkas Chieftain

If you are not playing as the Greeks, I see another OMG here too :p

7. CivEarth

CivEarth Chieftain

Hope this isn't necroing... (it is the official pinned thread after all)
    But look! Japanese war holdouts!
    Spoiler :

8. Atoll

Atoll Chieftain

Maybe not such OMG, but still... while playing as Egypt i managed to found 5 (five!) religions and this happened almost unintentionally, at least initially. Situation by 450 AD (year of my UHV):

Spoiler :

This has started from Buddhism i got from Priesthood in 2340 BC. This wasn't my goal, i needed Prieshood only to build Oracle. But since India was unusually passive, i was first. Then i created Oracle and selected the free tech - Mathematics - that gave me Confucianism in 1800 BC... soon afterwards (in 1650 BC) i discovered Monotheism and got Judaism. This was perhaps, the most OMG part. Shouldn't Judaism be founded by independents around 1800 BC? For some reason, they didn't...

The rest wasn't difficult. Christianity was founded in 470 BC and Islam in 10 BC. By this moment Egypt was so advanced that no one else could steal them from me.