The OpenDev/Preview Thread

Revanchist

Warlord
I expect it to come out sometime soon, but has there been anything that has teased a release date? Will we be able to watch videos on the scenarios?

There are two conditions that will depend on whether you are able to play the OpenDev or not:
1. You have to be registered for it, and once that's done;
2. They have to approve/select you for you to actually get the game

For all their excitement people keep on forgetting there's a selection process behind this :crazyeye:

There are two conditions that will depend on whether you are able to play the OpenDev or not:
1. You have to be registered for it, and once that's done;
2. They have to approve/select you for you to actually get the game

For all their excitement people keep on forgetting there's a selection process behind this :crazyeye:
I didn’t forget, I just wanted to know when a release date can be expected.

I am paranoid about my choice of responses in that Open Dev poll, as I think they will simply take people with the most strategy games and strategy genres chosen in the poll, and I've been foolishly honest...

...or maybe they will take various demographic groups of players, for comparisions!

I am paranoid about my choice of responses in that Open Dev poll, as I think they will simply take people with the most strategy games and strategy genres chosen in the poll, and I've been foolishly honest...

...or maybe they will take various demographic groups of players, for comparisions!
Yes. :p

Jokingly ambiguous answer aside, I don't even know the exact selection criteria myself. But when we do send the invitations, we'll announce it on G2G, and I'll let you all know in this thread so you know to check your emails.

Let's hope we can make it in! :bowdown:

@Catoninetales_Amplitude
Questions: Once we're selected for the OpenDev will it be guaranteed that we'll be selected for the two other scenarios? Will the scenarios be available one by one or will they be released all at once?

I actually think the total opposite. They'll get a variety. They want to make this friendly to people who are new to strategy gaming, so probably not 90% of the people on these forums. So maybe you actually have a good shot! Though at the same time, probably only hard core strategy nerds even know about OpenDev

Yeah I too thought that experience in the genre might actutually count against you as they won't nessicarily want 4X wizards who can pull crazy yields out of a hat as they won't be representative.

From my submission they'll probably think I'm in that category too but honestly I rarely ever go higher in difficulty than King or Serious!

@Catoninetales_Amplitude
Questions: Once we're selected for the OpenDev will it be guaranteed that we'll be selected for the two other scenarios? Will the scenarios be available one by one or will they be released all at once?
The scenarios will release one by one, and as far as I recall, if you make it into one scenario, you will get access to all scenarios after that, and while any scenario is live you can also replay the previous ones.

It seems there are preparations on Steam... Hopefully it will start this Thursday! :D

.... or this Tuesday

:banana::banana::banana:

I don't think so... I'm pretty sure they said that the testing will last for 4 days, and it's better that it falls on a weekend when people have more time to play. So it would be Thursday/Friday/Saturday/Sunday. Today we'll surely get a new reveal as always =)

It's coming soon! :D

Top Bottom