The OpenDev/Preview Thread

I agree that chain buyouts, whether with population or gold, felt a little too strong.

There should be a one per turn limit in my opinion.

I agree that chain buyouts, whether with population or gold, felt a little too strong.

There should be a one per turn limit in my opinion.
If they are too strong then money (or population) is too plentiful or the conversion rate is too good.

If they are too strong then money (or population) is too plentiful or the conversion rate is too good.

It is a conversion rate thing. Judging from the buyout prices, money to industry ratio is 1.5:1 or even 1:1. On the other hand, the usual money to industry output ratio is around 2:1 to 3:1.

As a result one can easily do a chain buyout because they have double or even triple "industry" in reserve.

It is a conversion rate thing. Judging from the buyout prices, money to industry ratio is 1.5:1 or even 1:1. On the other hand, the usual money to industry output ratio is around 2:1 to 3:1.

As a result one can easily do a chain buyout because they have double or even triple "industry" in reserve.

There is also a serious Escalation problem in the game, in that it is not at all difficult to get Order of Magnitude in Gold and Production between the first Era and the third or fourth Era (as in, in the middle of the Ancient Era in one run-through I was producing about 50 of each. By the middle of the Medieval Era, it was over 500 each!), and the costs do not rise by by anywhere near that amount, so all the problems get worse as the game progresses. Given that the "Lucy OpenDev" did not include the last two Eras of the game, I suspect that this problem does not have a solution yet and that the last two Eras are, at the moment, quite possibly too unbalanced to play.

Luckily, while the problem is serious, I don't think it requires new mechanics in the game, just changing numbers. Computers are good at changing numbers, so No Worries - yet.

Just bumping this thread since the new OpenDev is out. Also I hope the mods would merge the new threads about the new OpenDev to this one so things would be consistent. :thumbsup:

Last edited:
@Catoninetales_Amplitude In Steam when I click on the "victor - opendev" in my library, it has a purchase button, instead of a play button. I've already purchased Humankind. How do I install the victor opendev? Thanks
I can answer that actually - you need to make sure your Steam and Games2Gether account are linked. Once you do that, the opendev will appear as a reward in G2G that you can claim the key for and then it will be put into steam with that key

I can answer that actually - you need to make sure your Steam and Games2Gether account are linked. Once you do that, the opendev will appear as a reward in G2G that you can claim the key for and then it will be put into steam with that key

If you already had it in your library from Lucy I think people have had success going to their G2G account and resyncing it.

I did resync my account with G2G.

Top Bottom