The opera, the opera, we all love the opera...(Ritual sacrifice question)

Plotinus, thank you very much for that info. :)

This is a good idea. :)
You could expand it to make a sort of Great People system. Make a SW that periodically spawns capturable units with massive shield costs and GL abilities. Other civs can capture foreign units and have the choice of using them to build armies, complete projects, or as culture bombs. :D
I'm assuming a captured GL-type unit could still be used by another civ.

Weasel Op, thank you. In fact I still work on a "great people" system but at time only on "cultural level". The first wave are monastries that produce the units missionary/fakir/ prophets/and may be dervish that can enslave other units to monks that can be used for the cultural benefit of our nation (so the advisor). If this are to many enslaving units, may be I let a wonder (the holly town of the Islam, of Christianity, Buddhism and so on) produce these units.These monasteries work as sacrificial altar, too. They get obsolete when you discover music theory. Than you have the operas and the agent/lawyer (Abe-unit) to make the (enslaving) contract with these great peoples.

There is a building that spawns out in large intervalls such culture bomb units that can be enslaved. In the settings of these culture bomb units, the "disband" option is disabled. I haven´t tested yet, if such a unit can be sacrificed.. erm... be used for the cultural benefit of the nation.These units are also object for stealth attack.

For other "great people" to finish improvments (great engineers or something like that) I´m not sure if the AI would treat these units well. I remember in DYP there was a caravan/van unit to complete buildings and it was taken out for malfunction. If now, with C3C, these things are working better for the AI, please let me know. :)

Top Bottom