[GS] The Ottomans Discussion Thread

Granted, it is a top tier promotion, but the Grand Vizier promotion could be really OP (I love it though!). In certain situations, I could see it totally toppling over another civ that is already weak on loyalty.

They don't seem like a particularly strong Civ to me. Extra production towards Siege units is nothing special, the Janissary using up a population flat out sucks TBH. If you build 5 of them you then lose 5 population in your empire.

The Grand Bazaar doesn't like top tier, it looks a bit above average.

Janissaries? Check!
Barbary pirates? Check!
Great bombard? Check!

Honestly, this design is kind of perfect - it manages to cover many unique aspects of the Ottomans. I like that the Bazaar and Governor open up options a bit more than Domination only stuff (looking at you, Zulu). This looks like a great addition to the game.

So everything about them seems "Grand." Mid game domination Civ with interesting abilities. Not my first choice but I definitely will try them out.
Knew the Grand Bazaar would make it in somehow. Interesting that the Janissary was included with the Vizier Ability and is also a diplomatic governor. Did Suleiman have a vizier named Ibrahim in real life?

When in a foreign capital, that civ's loyalty has no effect on yours.

The others are okay, but this one I really dig.

They don't seem like a particularly strong Civ to me. Extra production towards Siege units is nothing special, the Janissary using up a population flat out sucks TBH. If you build 5 of them you then lose 5 population in your empire.

The Grand Bazaar doesn't like top tier, it looks a bit above average.

Unless you build them in foreign cities which do not lose population after conquest meaning they retain their production potential.

upload_2019-1-22_16-11-11.png

The Vizier looks quite strong. I've been hoping someone would mod the UG to be available to all Civs, but now that I see him I think I'd feel a wee bit dirty using him in non-Ottoman games.

Suleiman will be a dangerous neighboor. The Ottomans look very strong.

Granted, it is a top tier promotion, but the Grand Vizier promotion could be really OP (I love it though!). In certain situations, I could see it totally toppling over another civ that is already weak on loyalty.

Grand Vizier looks powerful alright, though it requires 3 governor promotions. Plus if you are not a warmonger it won't do you much good.

Pretty good design, though their real power lies with Ibrahim, I suppose that was a must with a unique governor. I highly doubt Phoenicia won't get a UU so I'd say it's probably a miscount. Grand bazaar seems nice, enjoyable art.

I wonder if Ibrahim will now be an alert message from the AI that they're about to attack :D

The Ottomans look a powerhouse domination civ in the mid-game: loyalty bonuses, improved military production augmented by their unique governer, and a nasty looking naval raider to take advantage of the improved pillaging. Anyone else notice that Ibrahim can be deployed in enemy cities to disable loyalty pressure (although I think that a top tier promotion). They look a lot of fun when you just want to watch the world burn!

Conquests, meet your new best friend. 50% production bonus to siege units, cheap musket, pillaging boat, no pop loss in conquered cities, and they gain extra amenities and loyalty. Bank replacement that gives more luxuries and strategic resources.

Ibrahim's biggest bonus is probably +10 combat strength attacking districts within 10 tiles, which if you place it right should be enough to solidify an entire empire. Promoting all the way up to have no negative loyalty pressure from the civ could be a sneaky promotion if you want to forward settle a neighbour too.

Top Bottom