1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

The Plant civ - Ideas thread

Discussion in 'Orbis Modmod' started by Opera, Aug 27, 2009.

1. lemonjelly

lemonjelly Modding For Ethne

Oohhh, I like the hiding borders idea, but, visible with Friendly relations? And, yeah about the HN in borders and Invisible in Forests.

Are you going to do the Affinity idea BTW?

2. Opera

Opera Deity

Affinity idea?

3. lemonjelly

Sorry, lesson ended =]

The iRequireBonus tag that you could use for 'affinity' promotions. That we were talking about in the chat.

4. Opera

Opera Deity

Oh, yes, I remember now. I don't know when I will put this in... Shouldn't be too hard anyway.

You had some ideas about it?

5. lemonjelly

Yeah, like, an affinity for Duskwood and Yggsrial?

6. Opera

Opera Deity

Yggdrasil? :p

Yeah, that could be interesting. Actually, maybe an event for going on the Yggdrasil... perhaps a unique "fort" or something? With a lot of culture and a neat unit?

7. lemonjelly

yeah, I can't spell that xD

an event would be nice, a special unit even more so. Perhaps it releases to a 'wild' version of it as a unit?

8. Opera

Opera Deity

You mean a moving Yggdrasil? :p

9. lemonjelly

or held, but with amazing spells and abilities. Moving would be good, if it could move really slow, like, 1 space every 2 turns.

10. Opera

Opera Deity

Which abilities?
    You have to find them! You suggested the idea :p

11. lemonjelly

urm, perhaps an ability to 'absorb' fruit resources, for strength?

12. Opera

Opera Deity

Just a note: all units will be invisible in all kinds of forests and jungles. Which means that fighting them will be a pain in the you-know-what. However, HN units will be rarer (just saw a post from Valkrionn which made me decide this). I don't know yet how rarer. Maybe recon? HN killing pixies? Or perhaps every unit with a 5+ level? Effectively gaining the ability to make others think they're getting killed by the forest itself!

@jemon: fruit resources?

13. thomas.berubeg

thomas.berubeg Wandering the World

if you do the Unique unit on the Yggdrasil "fort" it has to be ratatosker,

14. Valkrionn

Valkrionn The Hamster King

.......Do it. I demand Ratatosk. :lol:

15. Opera

Opera Deity

Wow, neat idea :p

16. Psychic_Llamas

Psychic_Llamas Wizard in the Making

why not have Yggdrasil spawn a free Avatar? and when it settles as a city it has a Yggdrasil Building that provides 3 Fruit of Yggdrasil?

17. Imuratep

Imuratep Cultist of the Old Ones

I think it would be fitting to give the civ boni dependant on the health of their city (similar to the Khazad Dwarven Vault mechanic or to the Governor's Manor mechanic). A plant that is healthy is able to produce more and better fruits than an ill one and plant people thus should be more productive too.

18. Psychic_Llamas

thats also a fairly cool mechanic. but you need to be careful not to make TOO MANY cool mechanics. theres a limit to how much Moar is good IMHO. and LENA hasnt crossed that boundary yet.

19. Opera

Opera Deity

You're saying this while suggesting that settling near the Yggdrasil should give a free avatar, knowing it can be done right from the start? :p

You may think of the Re Ki as a whole, as one feature, not as a sum of features ;)

And I quite like your idea, Imuratep. I was thinking of doing something with health but I didn't know what... I think I found it ;) What should be the bonus? More production?
    (an issue though is that at first you may have something like +8 health (9 health - 1 unhealth), making, say, +8:hammers:... So, two things: maybe they should get more unhealth with pop (*2), but idk why; and maybe their bonus shouldn't apply this way, using :health:-:yuck:.

20. Psychic_Llamas

if you do go this way id suggest a 'vault' mechanic like the dwarves have. make set ranges of health provide different effects. so if the city is unhealthy they dont only suffer from unhealth but also happyness AND production penalties, but if the city is healthy not only do they benefit from they they get a production boost and additionaly happiness. to balance this id make all Re Ki never get unhealth from either buildings or population. id also make the penalties higher for being unhealthy than the benefits for being healthy.