The questions-not-worth-their-own-thread question thread XII

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's a strawman?

A straw man argument is an informal fallacy based on misrepresentation of an opponent's position. To "attack a straw man" is to create the illusion of having refuted a proposition by substituting a superficially similar yet weaker proposition (the "straw man"), and refuting it, without ever having actually refuted the original position.

Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Straw_man

Why do some people have problems with facial recognition?

Why do some people have problems with facial recognition?

Neurological issues. I think there is evidence that sections of the human brain are hard-coded for particular activities.

What are some failed inventions/technologies w/ some comedic value from the 19th or early 20th century?

Zeppelins // The Hindenburg

Albatross II

What is the official name of the stereotypical triplanes that the German Empire used during World War I. The ones that have three wings and are red with white squares that contain the symbol of Imperial Germany?

And where can I buy one? I know, it's not realistic, but I'm just curious as to how much a working one would cost.

Over summer break I really screwed up my sleep schedule, and now that school's approaching I need to fix it/reset it fast, how do I go about doing this? Do I just stay up a night or two, or is there a better way?

Over summer break I really screwed up my sleep schedule, and now that school's approaching I need to fix it/reset it fast, how do I go about doing this? Do I just stay up a night or two, or is there a better way?

I used to stay up an entire night, three nights before school started, so I had two more nights to fine tune my sleep schedule.

Hi guys. Long time no see!
Unfortunately I come to you cause I need your help... :blush:

I'm going crazy over here trying to remember this one actors name.

He looks a somewhat like the guy in this picture (specially around the eyes and jaw line, and he has brown hair I think or dirty blond), except hes older, 20-30 years older.

I'm also pretty sure his first name is David, but I could be wrong.

I can't for the life of me think of a single movie he has been in, but he was in a lot of movies back in the 90s, I dunno if he is retired now.
He even had a few leading roles in smaller movies.

Help me out if you know who I'm thinking about, please.

And yeah thanks. But I want to learn like the whole language and how to pronounce the words and what-not. I'm learning an entire language just so I can ask out one girl. That's just so sweet, don't you think.
Most women would find it creepy. I'm marrying a Cambodian, and I don't speak a word of it.

I used to stay up an entire night, three nights before school started, so I had two more nights to fine tune my sleep schedule.

Ah ok, I'll just whip out my Civ disk and pull an all-nighter. :goodjob:

Mine's worse, 2 P.M - 5 A.M.

I don't know about that... I mean it's gotten so late recently that I can't fall asleep because the damn birds chirping keep waking me up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom