The Realism Epic

Why "Units" (and an other) folder is not in folder "Realism Epic" ?
In PTW, organisation of folders should always
../Scenario/Realism Epic ... :(
In this folder you must stock all new units, buildings, arts and text ... Because i won't modify my original Civ3 or PTW ...

Take example in "Warlords of North America"'s organisation folder

EDIT : Scipio, can you make a "just mod" for the little pc config' like my poor 1 Ghz and 384 SDRAM 133 ?

Teturkhan and DyP have the "just mod" who permit to play the mod with an autogenerated map of size 60x60 80x80 100x100 and more ...

My prefered size is 100x100

Sorry about that extraction. For some reason my zip file has about 20 files that are hidden within it, I can't find them and I can't delete them. I will be re zipping them and reposting them. I'll also work on a map that uses a much smaller earth base (most likely I'll just steal it from Kal-el :)). Bad inconvenience and its a shame I didn't catch it earlier, its a bit confusing to install with all that crap coming out of it.

Open the *.bix file in the editor and under the scenario pull down menu you click off the custom map check. Then save it as a something else, e.g Realism_Epic_nomap.bix or something...
Works fine for me....

Great mod though!!

Alright the PTW file has been updated and only has the files and folders required for to play the game. No more additional folders and crap that makes the installation process more complex and troublesome.

The smaller map versions will be out this sunday as well as the new Original CivIII version of the mod.

About the Mausoleum I have actually planned on adding that to the mod to complete the seven great wonders of the owrld. I have been having some problems on what effects it would have. Any suggestions for this are appreciated.

Thanks for yoru comments and support :)

I've just d/l it, and here's my first thoughts:

I was disappointed to see that the new buildings have no pics with them, meaning that in civilopedia, zeus's temple looks like the great library.
Also,wwhere does the two building file from the zip go to? The readme doesn't say anything about it.

Yes, it is a bit dissapointing ;)...

Anyways I'm still working with the pediaicons text to implement the building icons into the game. They all do have unique ones. The one problem problem I am having is wonder splash's but ever since I lost may hard drive I have been working (slowly at that) to re-establish individual wonder splash's for the modification. When v0.99 is released which I must admit is at least a month off, unique wonder splash's and civilopedia image's will be in game.

The only good news is that the implementation of all of this can be done in patch version. I'll accelerate my work on these avenues for those of you who want it.

Scipio, your Mod is very interesting but i tryed to make my own "Nomap.bix" and i discovered that parameters are same of the bigger map :cry: ...

Can you make also, a "no map.bix" for these are who want play with a random map and size of their choice :confused:

Alright sorry about the late responses. I have unfortunatly been swamped by the new semester of school, and my rating on Civ Fanatics obviously has suffered as well :). No matter, so here's an update.

The building files go in the (...\Art\City Screen) folder in your CivIII folder. For ptw just install the realism epic folder in the scenario folder.

About the new version. I have been exceedingly late in all my promised release dates of recent. For this I apologize. Things have just been getting me bogged down in real life and my time I can spare for CivIII is becoming less and less existent. I do hope to have the new versions out by tomorrow, Tuesday the 21st of January. Sorry for the inconvenience. I will attempt to include a no map scenario for both versions but this I can unfortunatly not promise. I will be stealing smaller map versions from Kal-El's DyP mod for the lesser real map versions.

Good Civ'ing, and sorry to any loyal fans of the mod for the improper delays that seem to always be about.

Hey Scipio:

I have been playing your mod for about a month now and love it. I love the strategy when using many different units to crush an enemy.

A couple things that I have found in the modern era that you might be interested in:

Nuclear Ballistic Sub:

I added the pediaicons section as there was not a ANIMNAME entry, it seems fine know. Also I input the regular nuclear sub entry into the #ICON_PRTO section.

Ground Attack Fighter:

Added the PRTO section in the editor and also in the ANIMNAME section

Also the Special Forces and and Black Ops units wouldn't perform airdrops but the modern infantry would.

Also added the PRTO info for the satellite unit in the editor.
This is a sweet mod and I can't wait until the full version is out.

Take it easy.

Forza,

I took a look at the site. What is it all about?

Why wouldn't the Spec and Black Ops forces do paradrops. They still perform HALO drops, don't they? And even if they don't, in game terms it is a means of inserting them behind enemy lines.

When you try to exucute the airdrop the grid does not come up to give a range for the drop which is probably due to the range not being set in the editor. I haven't gotten into the editor yet to see as I want to finish my current game.

As for the helicopter drops that remains to be seen as the game I am in I researched all the way throught tech tree before learning advanced flight so I have not built the standard civ copter yet.

When you try to exucute the airdrop the grid does not come up to give a range for the drop which is probably due to the range not being set in the editor. I haven't gotten into the editor yet to see as I want to finish my current game.

As for the helicopter drops that remains to be seen as the game I am in I researched all the way throught tech tree before learning advanced flight so I have not built the standard civ copter yet.

Its not my site. It's about a soccer team. It's just cuz there's a memeber on the messageboard with the same nickname as you, but it's a common nickname probably.

You have to right-click on the link and "Save Target As"

Hope that helps.

Top Bottom