The Senate

well, you dont vote in here. you whine :p
no, well, ehhh.
well you dont vote in here. just delete the rest ;-)

I would really like to see the senate in a future world as a contact point for all provinces. Like if a citizen has a provincial matter not solvable by a governor, the senate could handle this matter.

Example: Build queues.
I believe the senate should be given the power to open a hearing on any citizen who thinks his requests to his governors were not heard or ignored (also mayors could request here). then a senate hering will be held, and if the senate (except the suspected governor of course) decides so, the governor has to adjust the queues (just a rough idea which should be maybe worked out during next game)

You proposal creates an environment where a single citizen in theory could override the desires of all the other citizens in a province by going to Senate to get changes made.

It's all hypothetical, but given that I thought you were opposed to complicated rules and such, why not stick to the existing system that does work if a true majority of citizens (and not just one loud one) calls for change?

does the governor really represent all his citizens? for that he would have to accept input of them in any kind. if a governor does not respond to input, then a senate call would be surely appropriate. the senate will never give in to a citizen if the claim would not be justified.

The govenor should always respond to questions, but that doesn't mean they have to agree with them.

If a governor truely doesn't respond to citizen issues, there are already remedies within the laws that don't require writing new laws.

I'm just trying to keep things simple ya know ;-)

bill: i didnt want to add a law. i just wanted to add a sense to this thread because somehow i like it ;-)
i would like to see more real debatte session in here, like real senate.

and i would also like to see a parliament ;-)

Top Bottom