The Shiji, Book Three: Vegetarian Vengeance

Some Vegetarians think it's offensive to molest an animal in any way, although a lot of Indians do drink milk, but they would never harm the cow for beef. I think if we weren't supposed to eat animals they wouldn't be made of meat! I also think many vegetarians are hypocrites as plant are alive, too. They don't care about killing them, but look down on us who do eat meat.

Oh forget it. Hmm. I'm hungry for a Cheeseburger right now (only kidding :lol:)

It has occured to me--what about Silk? Silk is produced by boiling the coccoons of the mulberry moth and other silkmoth species; this, of course, kills the pupa. Wu Di should have forbidden silk as well, which means (as far as the roleplay goes) that the leaderhead of a Vegetarian Vengeance variant would be as revolted by the use of silk as by the use of the other prohibited commodities.

Yeah! good point. Of course it's could be just another case of hypocrisy disregarding insect life but respecting mammals and fish.

Hehe, I think some of you can already tell that I myself am not a vegetarian, and this is my way of poking fun at the whole idea. (What kind of vegetarian would go around destroying cities, anyway?) I do know quite a few vegetarians and respect them very much, but none of them ever tried to push that agenda on me.

Just as a heads up, I might be a bit dormant for a while as far as this story goes, as things have gotten quite hectic. I've just started a new job working for a company that, oddly enough, is mentioned in two of the Civilopedia articles on modern age units. I won't have to travel much anymore (which means my visits to the small and great wonders are now on hold), but I'll still find myself in quite a bit of a squeeze with regard to free time.

carmen510 said:
Im Chinese, and I hate burgers. (Any kind) I however, eat Korean barbacue. (And im serious.)

I was trying to be funny. With the silks thing, there you have a point. However, that would be the only other resource that could be forbidden. Wu Di already said no forbidden strategic resources, and all the other bonus/luxury resources don't harm animals when they're harvested or mined or whatever. Maybe Sima should ask Wu Di about it. Then again, he might be mad if SQ bothers him.

I was just joking around, too. Although I am enjoying the story, I am not in favor of the protagonist (Ghandi, not Sima Qian the character or Sima Qian the author). I don't see a problem reading a book or story or watching a movie and not liking the main character. (Plus Ghandi is one of the worst hypocrites in the game, "were a peaceful people" and attack as soon as your 'back is turned'.)

[offtopic] For me Star Wars comes to mind because the movie was supposed to be about Luke but I always like Darth Vader and think Luke is a goober.[offtopic]

So to sum up, I'll stop spamming your thread now, good luck on your new job. :goodjob:

Yeah, the game has already started, we can't change the rules.

I don't normally like to meddle, but I had to point out a bit of an inconsistency here. :)
Sima Qian can play it out in any way that seems reasonable. :)

Sima, World Map please?

Great, a Mod deleted our Anti-Sima Qian posts. But will that keep us from posting them? No!

I also wish Sima would hurry up- that's why we spam this thread ;)
BTW, Turner, this isn't the only spammy thread on CFC...

Moderator Action: Thread closed. Sima - when you want to do an update, PM me and I'll reopen it.

Carmen - Asking for an update is okay. Once. (And I realize you just asked the once.)

Choxorn - Warned again for spam. Be thankful it's not another ban. And while this is obviously not the only spammy thread on CFC, this one was brought to our attention.

Please read the forum rules: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=422889

People - think about this. Sima has been online, and has even posted, since the last update on this thread.

Moderator Action: Thread re-opened by request of thread started.

Top Bottom