The silliest thing you've done recently

As I read it the 2nd time already, but Grenadiers really aren't a problem to Cuirrs, as long as the Cuirrs are speced to Pinch. Pinch lowers the STR of the Grens so deeply, that they'll not attack your Cuirrs, and there are always ways to lure them out of there cities and then it doesn't matter if they have CG3 or not.

Encountering Grens with Cuirrassiers btw. contradicts that it was a rush, but that's a minor thing.

Of course it contradicts it, I thought it was a rush when I found that Hannibal, somehow, managed to get grenadiers (even before riflemen)!

And most of my army was composed by veterans of the rush against QSH... so, most of my cuirassiers were combat or shock, not pinch...

Well, it was a silly mistake anyway.

It's only a rush against the first opponent...against the second it's more like a hope!

I have felt the sting of that lesson more than a few times...in fact now that I think about it I'm about to risk feeling it again in my current game...:hmm:

Then you don't really know yet, what's possible.

First I saw players conquering half maps with Conqs, I managed the same with Cavs + Airships. Then I got better and managed conquering a huge map with Cavs alone. Last game I won with Elephants, and I've even already heard that that there are games existing, where players conquered huge maps with just Immortals.

Regarding stupid mistakes: In my current game I decided, that not choosing the attacking unit specifically would be ok and that I could trust the AI on taking the best unit for the attack. Guess how I laughed once I saw my Sentry-Chariot, the only chariot at all in a 50+ units Stack of Cho-Ku's and Elephants attacking and getting harshly stopped by an enemy Elephant :D .

I doubt that. You take a lot home, you do care.

To bring the thread back to topic: I remember a game where I tried the infamous "Religious Economy" (Temples + SM + UoS) , just because I was able to Oracle Theology.

That is / was one of two times I remember that I went broke in a game :> . First time was when being new on Deity and playing a Quechua-rush from a 0 gold start with skipping Pottery... :> .

Even worse, doing the same thing just after you've used your siege to reduce the walls, so all your non siege go to explore the map leaving your siege just sitting there going "oh SH*T" for the last few seconds of their existence.

I doubt that. You take a lot home, you do care.

After a few threads of your harping about 'if you know how to play right the game is over by railroads' I looked through your stuff. In my opinion your idea of 'playing right' would apply better if the game was titled 'triumph of barbarism'. Since I'm personally not interested in playing Civ as a war game, because frankly there are much more interesting war games, when I said "I don't care" it was nothing less than the truth.

How could i forget my biggest and most common cock up!!

happened about a dozen times

I am at war, take the city... my troops pile in

Next turn i want to move my cavalry or catapults on, leaving my rifles to hold the city

Somehow i move EVERY UNIT out of the newly conquered city and lose it.

Grouping all the units in my capital, sending them off to defend my new new 1-pop city and leaving my capital undefended and suddenly very unhappy.

After a few threads of your harping about 'if you know how to play right the game is over by railroads' I looked through your stuff. In my opinion your idea of 'playing right' would apply better if the game was titled 'triumph of barbarism'. Since I'm personally not interested in playing Civ as a war game, because frankly there are much more interesting war games, when I said "I don't care" it was nothing less than the truth.

You actually don't understand, but it's ok.

From my latest 7 games btw. , I only won 1 through domination, all others were Cultural, Space or Diplomacy. Maybe I'll build a Railroad in my next one, to make you happy :x .

As a 3rd try to keep your thread alive and get on topic again:

A thing fascinating me over and over again, is, how it is possible, that I forget to stop connecting Iron / Copper 1 turn before and finish it once I've produced enough Warriors as city garrisons.

Happens to me in about every 2nd game, that I have to build some really expensive Spears because of this.

Grouping all the units in my capital, sending them off to defend my new new 1-pop city and leaving my capital undefended and suddenly very unhappy.

done this one many times...i used to blame the selection method though!

Planning an HA rush - beelined Horseback Riding, forgot that HAs need Archery as well. (The clue is in the name. :rolleyes:)

Planning an HA rush - beelined Horseback Riding, forgot that HAs need Archery as well. (The clue is in the name. :rolleyes:)

:lol:

Been there, done that. I can at least claim the excuse that in BAT 'horse archers' are frequently referred to as 'horsemen' since not all of the unit graphics carry bows.

Okay, I did it before I had BAT too. :blush:

:lol:

Been there, done that. I can at least claim the excuse that in BAT 'horse archers' are frequently referred to as 'horsemen' since not all of the unit graphics carry bows.

Okay, I did it before I had BAT too. :blush:

Don't feel bad, I do it, too. And I make BAT. If anyone should know better, it's me. :blush:

Oh, my current game is ordinary unmodded BTS. I couldn't even tell you which year it was the last time that happened.

I got a jungle start, then forgot to build cottages. :blush:

By the time I realized my mistake, Genghis and I were worst enemies. We've had at least three wars so far, and the size of my army, the cost of assimilating cities and the losses to pillaging have crippled my economy. We are both falling behind in techs.

The new objective of this game is to eradicate Genghis. This world is not big enough for the both of us.

There are very few worlds that are big enough for Genghis and anyone.

In my current game (Vanilla..) as Hatty, I prosecuted a war in the modern era against Russia. I switched to Nationhood and drafted a sh*tload of infantry (and stomped the russians..). When the war was over, I stupidly forgot to switch back to Bureaucracy. Duh.

Swapping to Pacifism during a Golden Age for the GPP boost, and then realizing that I don’t have a religion in any of my cities.

Bonus points if I forget to switch back before the GA ends.

Top Bottom