The Sons of Odin

Here's what I'm going to do: You will post the Government you want me to be. If I do not have it, I will become despotim until it is researched, then I will switch to it. You have 24 hours, or until I post next.

Here is a map of all the Provinces:
I- Federal District
II- Iberia
III- Italia
IV- Gaul and Britain
V- Germanica
VI- Ukraine
VII- Graecia
VIII- Caucasus
IX- Palestine and Turkey
X- Kazakhstan

The chapter will cone late today (hopefully and finally!). I'm really sitting on the edge of my chair and biting my nails during the IBT... It doesnt go too well...

Ch. 5- The Decline and Fall of the Viking East

As the decade comes to an end, the government is re-established. As a Despotism. Woo-hoo?

In the year 834, the Greeks declared war on the Viking Empire. As they were unprepared, the macemen defenders of Novgorod were overwhelmed by Greek Cavalry. This would be the first Viking city ever lost to Foreigners.

The Vikings had led many military campaign before, but none were overseas. The Vikings generals had decided to allow the creation of the First Royal Task Force, which consisted of 10,200 men, and 200 field artillery. Healfdene and Inwaaer’s Armies were sent, along with 3 other Cavalry, 2 Berserks, a Rifleman, and 2 Cannons.

The Mayans felt pressured by the Greco-Viking War, so they signed a trade embargo with the Greeks. Also, the treacherous scum, the exiled fiends, the Americans, signed a Military Alliance with the Greeks. So now it’s America and Greece.

The battle of Seoul Peak was significant in the war. If the invaders got through, then they could either take the city of Seoul, cutting off the recently captured city of P’yongyang, or travel across the Bosporus, allowing access to the rest of the empire. The Viking Counsel knew what to do. Cavalry were stationed in Seoul and Wonsan, so they assaulted the enemy camp.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On the morning of March 3, 883 A.D., the Greeks encamped outside of Seoul knew it would be a bad day. First, they learned that their general, Pyrrhus of Corinth had been smote down by the plague, and he remained in the sick bay, ill. Then, they learned they were out of coffee beans, which meant they’d have to drink the dreadful liquid known to the Vikings as tea. And finally, the scouts returned from, well, scouting and reported the 11th and 12th Viking Cavalry closing on their position, as well as the 8th Marine joining them from Seoul. The Greeks immediately set up a defensive position. The Cavalry dismounted and set up a trench system in a mountain pass. The higher raking officers and their slaves went off with the horses to a safe position.
The 8th Marine charged into the camp 5 ½ hours later, axes raised and ready to strike. But, the Greeks were prepared, taking out the Regiment without severe damage. Then the well-trained units of the 11th and 12th Cavalry came riding into the pass. The 11th struck first, inflicting medium level damage on the Greeks, but dying themselves. Then, the new recruits, the 12th, yet to see battle attacked. They had been taught with a new fighting style by Healfdene himself, called feigned retreat. They would ride down, attack quickly, and then fell back as if they were being defeated. The Greeks, not knowing this style of war, came out of their trenches and followed. From there they were mowed down. But due to ammunition loss, both sides retreated to where they were. In the end, 1200 of the 1600 Greeks were dead, but half of the original 2400 Vikings lay dead. Due to this blow, the Greek assault was lost, and the troops retreated.

In 882, the first city in a while was founded: Odense. This city allowed ships to enter the Black Sea.

Pirates were spotted off of West Afrika!

The 1st Royal Task Force arrived at their destination: Frankfurt, German Afrika. The 6th Marine was defeated, but the 3rd was successful. But the city didn’t fall.

In 891, the Indians and Incans signed a Mutual Protection Pact. The Vikings did not think they could sign any, so their diplomats in foreign capitals did not try.

Treachery! The Incans declare war on me! Why me? I’m too good for this. All my forces are in Afrika fighting some German scum. But I quickly ship my armies back home. The Incans caught me off guard, this was like my Pearl Harbor, losing St. Petersburg, New York, and Aarhus.

Journal of the personal servant of Njal Woltan, captain of the 2nd Armored Cavalry stationed in St. Petersburg
Spoiler :
On the morning of December 7th, 896 at6:23 A.M., Captain Njal Woltan, of the 2nd Armored Cavalry awoke to the sound of an alarm. Rising from his bunk, he left the room and walked into the hall. Chaos reigned. Soldiers ran to and fro, grabbing armor, swords, and lances. Followed by a swarm of officers and soldiers, he traveled across the bridge leading to his island Command Center. After a five-minute briefing, he learned the situation: Incan Cavalry were on the northern ridge of the city. Immediately, he sent desperate phone calls on the new electrical lines to all of the major Viking cities forewarning them so they didn't fall victim of a similar threat. Then he examined the situation. Smoke was rising from many parts of the city. Being an industrious city, Woltan would have disregarded it, but the smoke was in the civilian sector of the city, not the Industrial Park. After regrouping his officers, they decided to stall the enemy for a long as they could. The enemy and the defenders had an equal number of troops at 1000, but the Incan Cavalry were more powerfully armed. The fight ensued for 2 weeks. Back and forth, back and forth. Many good men fell to Incan rifles. Eventually, Njal realized he could not win the battle, and his Bodyguard retreated to the south-east across the Caucasus. But most of our men were defeated by scouting patrols. By the time we arrived in Seoul, capital of the Turkish Province, only 14 men survived, being Njal, myself, the cook (as Njal was a big eater), and 11 cavalry. Once we got to the city, news of the war had spread like wildfire. The Incans had conducted simultaneous attacks on St. Petersburg, our city, as well as New York, and Aarhus. The 14 of us were taken back to Trondheim to be debriefed and given a new unit to control. From this point on, it was known as the suprise attack on Sevastopol', the name of the District first attacked. Thus ends Njal's Saga: Ch. 1- The Disaster at St. Petersburg

A man in the Alpine city of Philadelphia, Benjamin the Frank, came up with a new idea: electricity, in the year 893. This allowed more cities to be powered, and lead to many new ideas.

The second assault on Frankfurt was a success. The 8th and 9th Cavalry each destroyed a spearman, taking the city.

Another city was lost to the Incans, the former Korean city of Wonsan.

Using the Steam Engine and Benjamin the Frank’s electricity, a new transportation method was created: The Railroad. It could quickly transport troops and units to locations. The first was the Trans-Iberian Railroad.

Your suffering greatly...

Top Bottom