The Sound of Drums - A British Hearts of Iron II AAR

We'll need to come up with some spirit specifically for you Captain. With a name like, ooh -something Indian sounding - Delhi, Bengal...no, BOMBAY! And a second name that makes it sound precious - diamond, ruby...no, SAPPHIRE! Just mix it with some tonic water and you've got yourself a drink.

Pity we have no transport planes Cap. Looks like you'll be running dry for a while...

We'll need to come up with some spirit specifically for you Captain. With a name like, ooh -something Indian sounding - Delhi, Bengal...no, BOMBAY! And a second name that makes it sound precious - diamond, ruby...no, SAPPHIRE! Just mix it with some tonic water and you've got yourself a drink.

Pity we have no transport planes Cap. Looks like you'll be running dry for a while...

Dear lord did you see what happened last time the Capt ran out of after dinner port? I know we hushed it up but the poor bloody tiffin wala still has a limp. Bad business all round. No good for moral. Should be able to secure something out of Macao to tide him over.

Your idea for a new drink has rather set me thinking... I'll set the cocktail dept.'s boffins to work on it in the morning. See if they couldnt find a way of working into our Juniper mountain while they're at it.

Should be able to secure something out of Macao to tide him over.
Macao? That bloody little Portuguese brothel?

If we were to send something from a fine respectable place like Hong Kong sure...

ooc: *cough* I don't happen to be....Portuguese or anything. :mischief:

I'll take it upon myself to personally visit Hong Kong and liberate the people of all their Bombay Sapphire, plus their supplies of peach schnapps, rum and vodka....

Transporting it back may be problematic but with any luck I'll have just a few bottles left by the time I need to return.

The cricket team will be fine without me for the duration of the trip.

What, are you going to run across Tibet?

This is a truely great expedition.

Can we convert it from the snow?

If tibet lacks oil, can we dump our oil reserves into the mountains and then use it as a reason to invade?

You should use this as a nice ski holiday in Tibet, bring the whole cricket team.

Righty then: a word in advance (mainly to ward PrinceScamp off) - the update this week will probably take a while or won't exist at all because I'm working everyday in order to get the full weekend off. I'll try my hardest to get one up on Wednesday evening though :)

If tibet lacks oil, can we dump our oil reserves into the mountains and then use it as a reason to invade?

Who needs oil as an excuse? We should invade so we can capture and train yetis to soundly trounce all the blighters who dare oppose us!

Brigadier-General GeneralMatt - Commander, 8th Rifleman Brigade

Ahh, I see I am still engaged even though its been a while since I have shown up. :lol:

CFC still won't load regularly for me, so I haven't been around much but I thought I would take a peek, seeing as this has inspired me to try a (serious) version of something similar come this September 1st, though not on CFC (It would be just too much of a pain).

Anyways, thanks for the inspiration, since this I have purchased both Hearts of Iron II and Hearts of Iron III, so I blame you for all my late nights. :mischief:

Cheerio on invading Tibet, perhaps you could include what appears to be my brigade, though the 'Rifleman' sounds odd, perhaps it could be changed to 'Guard' or 'Highland' (Which, by the sound of their name, would do eminently well in Tibet)? :p

Righty then: a word in advance (mainly to ward PrinceScamp off) - the update this week will probably take a while or won't exist at all because I'm working everyday in order to get the full weekend off. I'll try my hardest to get one up on Wednesday evening though :)

You think that'll put the off?

Don't worry, I'm sure by the time you get back we'll have decided if tibet is worth invading or not ;)

Don't worry, I'm sure by the time you get back we'll have decided if tibet is worth invading or not ;)

Oh it certainly is, give me a few battalions of Highlanders (Per earlier request) and I will take my brigade and conquer them for you. I mean, all those lovely mountains for the low cost of one brigade, and you might even get the brigade back at the end! :goodjob:

Why don't we send Captain2 on an expedition to climb Mount Everest? Surely the worlds tallest mountain must be conquored by the British or subjects of Britain. I've heard tehre is an excellent sherpa named Tenzing Norgay.

Ahh, I see I am still engaged even though its been a while since I have shown up. :lol:

Eee, glad to see you here again :goodjob:

Anyways, thanks for the inspiration, since this I have purchased both Hearts of Iron II and Hearts of Iron III, so I blame you for all my late nights. :mischief:

I always enjoy hearing I've introduced someone to the Paradox Games. I should charge for advertising.

Cheerio on invading Tibet, perhaps you could include what appears to be my brigade, though the 'Rifleman' sounds odd, perhaps it could be changed to 'Guard' or 'Highland' (Which, by the sound of their name, would do eminently well in Tibet)? :p

I always rather like the 'rifleman' part of it.

You think that'll put the off?

And when you do decide I'll crush everyone's hopes by informing them that we can't invade Tibet. The game won't let us :p

Well wasn't the Everest first climbed by the British? We could use that as an invading excuse.

Top Bottom