The Spanish Riding School: Haut Ecole for Warhorses

Turn 336 (1926 AD)

Julio's first offer in the peace negotiations is a laugher

After a little head banging he delivered Scientific Method, his World Map and his cash flow with the Peace Agreement. The map reveals that he shares his home with Lizzie, :hmm:

We have Oil at Hurrian!!! So the one worker left at home is sent to put a railroad on it while the scientists work on Combustion. As the workers on the Roman island finished the rail spine most were brought back home put rails down there.

Then it was time to re-tune the cities first for growth and balanced food, then for money

It is amazing to me how quickly the economy can recover as we are soon clipping along at 5 turn research to Flight (not yet known to the rest of the world)

Change civics again for the production boost of Universal Suffrage. All the factories and jails at home will complete, and the Iron Works and Wall Street are close to finished.

The Roman towns come out of revolt and the borders expanded immediately out to the full workable radius as all were set to build Culture. Most were set to building Granaries.

As each factory finished one turn was spent building Hindu missionaries to finish the conversion of the Romans

Turn 340 (1930 AD)
Learn Combustion

Monte gets to demanding again and he is told to pound sand in his headdress

Most of the other deals are renegotiated at this point to pull some more gold. And the net result is we end up with all the world's spare change.

IBT:

Turn 341 (1931 AD)
Start research on Physics

IBT:

Turn 342 (1932 AD)
Rosalind Franklin (Great Scientist) born in Cordoba. She is resting in place. She can be used to shave some cost from Computers when that time comes

IBT:

Turn 343 (1933 AD)

IBT:

Turn 344 (1934 AD)

IBT:

Turn 345 (1935 AD)
And the first military training begins with a Cannon at Toledo. Two full transport loads will serve nicely in the upcoming hostilities.

IBT:
Hinduism spreads to Leipzig (German Empire)

Turn 346 (1936 AD)
Start research on Flight. "Off we go into the wild blue yonder"

IBT:

Turn 347 (1937 AD)

IBT:

Turn 348 (1938 AD)

IBT:

Turn 349 (1939 AD)

Lizzie got some Dyes and celebrated by unfurling her battle flags some time back and then asks us to join in. As I had just emptied Montezuma's treasury for outdated tech I decided why not?

He should be feeling a little isolated by now, no?

IBT:

Turn 350 (1940 AD)

Saladin is a worthy target as is only friend is Caesar the lovelorn Italian

The issue, as always, is the logistics and then the possible presence of tanks. There are none showing in Nagoya but he knows electricity and possibly Industrialzation. Liz has, or soon will have tanks, as there is alumnium showing in her resource trade screen, but not Saladin's. So the next research choice should be rockets to counter any armor.

The logistics are a little more complicated and involve sea and rail to be within six or so moves of the Arabian mainland. Most of the troops from the Roman campaign are in the far north waiting for transports to upgrade and for the rifles to get their M1's. It is four moves from Cordoba to Setia (2 by sea and 2 by rail) A transport chain across the strait from Rome will help a bit with that.

The most efficient way I could find to roll him is from north to south. South to north has a very long supply chain for the early stages of the war.

Over to Whomp. Pull the pin when you think you are ready. A fleet of fighters and destroyers might be your flashpoint. And you should be able to make some hay with Flight.

And the roster

Whomp - got us into Rome
Admiral Kutzov - sank the Arab navy
Kylearan - kept up the pressure
grahamiam - up
Bede - waiting for a shot at Julio

Another Gathering Storm

I see the save and will attempt some turns tonight (SGOTM1 on the docket as well) but more likely tomorrow.

It seems I have some logistics to ponder.

I can't get to this tonight. A little active on the MTDG front, a sneak attack by the Japanese in a Pitboss game and general stuff stuff. Can I have a skip since I'm still on the clock for SGOTM1. :sad:

AdmK, why don't you grab the save and get us some airplanes and bigger boats?

With Whomp taking a skip and the Admiral past his self-appointed deadline, it is over to Kylearan

Roster

Kylearan - up
G-man - on deck
Bede
Whomp - took a skip
AdmK - out until 7/31

Could you repost the save, Bede? I can load it, but as soon as I hit end turn the game crashes. :confused: I've never had this kind of problem before, so maybe the save is corrupt?

I was able to take a look though, and there's an awful lot of cannons in Nagoya. We have an open border agreement with Saladin, so maybe we should check if we could attack at target #2 first, if there are less units capable of dealing collateral damage there (Nagoya is on a different landmass).

I also checked diplo, and we can pay Toku Democracy and Physics, and he will declare on Saladin (he won't do it if you ask him what he wants for the war; instead, just offer him both techs and he will do it). Technically, I've done this already before the game crashed, to keep Saladin busy.

I've also found some interesting city configurations, like an engineer in Seville instead if working a 1f/3h tile, but I guess this doesn't matter much anymore at 1940AD. ;)

-Kylearan

@Kyl, I loaded both the original 1940 save and the save from the uploaded zip and did not have any problems with either.

Here is the original 1940 save

http://www.civfanatics.net/uploads12/Warhorse_AD-1940.Civ4SavedGame

Sorry you had issues, and the engineer at Seville was my trying to avoid the +1 food. I guess I still don't trust "avoid growth", and I really hate a half fed citizen. AS for any other anomalies you find, that's the difference between someone who knows how this game plays (you) and someone who may have the tools but lacks the handles (me) :)

Bummer, the same thing happened to our friend romeo back in the early pages.

G-man, you want to take a hack at it?

As a test, I just ended the turn and it seemed to work ok for me :confused: Will try to play tonight or tomorrow (tonight seems to be a bit busy)

hi all, I'm back. I was on vacation if I didn't mention it. If graham doesn't play tonight, I'll try early tomorrow

Is the thread dead? If so bummer... I was having fun reading through.

Oh well. I'll go find another SG.

No! Don't let it die! Live! LIVE!

Thanks for the bump fellas. Bede, Kylearan and Romeo are having computer issues but it won't die. There's a bunch of old Warhorses here. :D

Gman let me know if you want me to pick up. I have Holly's family in till Wednesday :crazyeye: but should be able to pick up after that.

I looked at the save and then decided that graham had a plan so I would let him play. I'll play if someone gives me a defined goal. I'm a little lost as to where we are going

Top Bottom