The Stellar War - Action Chatroom!

Invincibility Broken

These invaders may be strong, but invincible they are not. Just an hour or two after my small group and I were bested by their steel monsters, a force from mount Clemen returned, and with our aid, bested them in turn. Only a dozen or so were left when they surrendered. They were routed. unfortunately, their large creature that transported them got away. It flew to the stars. However, the warmaster remained the ever persistent douche.

He and I quarreled several times over the course of the first few hours of this massive invasion, for massive invasion i am sure it is. Even if there aren't more of those transports, there was space in that thing for thousands more than what we saw, both of the steel monsters, and of the men of the strange tongue that we saw.

Somehow, it has wormed itself into his head, that these could be the work of the Aerilians, or even of the Zelkonians!

Such an idiot, and to boot, he's the leader of the forces of Clemen.

We are so screwed.

After meeting with him, I decided that contact with some old friends in Okholt was necessary. They were friends of the war, all part of 'Al-Savari' group, a group of young volunteers at the age of 15. We had dwarves as young as 9, and as old as me at 15 who had not yet joined the war. We even had a smaller sized dragon in our group, although now he is much older. I sort of became the leader of the group through that battle, but that is a tale for another time. As is the tale for why we called ourselves the Al-Savari after the battle, is a taler for another time as well.

After the battle, we promised that we would join together again should war ever come to the shores of the dwarves and dragons. One of our plans was to unite in the form of a clan, so we would always be together at heart, and we would fight as one on the battlefield.

That time had come.

Once we had gotten back, and sorted out technical matters and such, I found my orb, and i contacted those of my kin, those of Al-Savari. There were many of them. Seeveral of them held prominent positions such as guardmaster at Okholt and Jakatami. There were close to 2 scores of them that I could contact, out of perhaps 75 that were with us on Mount Clemen.

Out of luck, I found one of our few mages, relatively useless for a mage's standards at the time of the second Mages war, but much more powerful now, was sheltering in Clemen at the time. Shortly after, we met up in his quarters there, and celebrated the first reunion of Clan Al-Savari. He goes by the name of Vresn, and is truly a formidable mage now that he is 28. I feel better having him by my side.

And so we prepared for war.

I've been told that one doesn't write RPs about simulator missions. But, hell, is the only one I've taken and possibly one of the few I will ever take, so I did it. I also had a much more powerful reason to do so: I'm writing my character's diaries, so I'm recording everything here.

The Diaries of James Longstern said:
Entry -1
Ugh. I don’t know why I’m writing. God, I don’t even know how this notebook got to my hands! But I feel I have to do this. There’s something in the near future reserved to this notebook. I know this for sure. Argh. Why am I writing?

The Diaries of James Longstern

Entry 0

Today, I finally understood what is that Destiny had reserved for this notebook. It is to be my diary. I knew it in the very same moment in which I looked at the eyes of those rude men in the camp. THEY are soldiers. I’m just a demo player.
Anyway, luckily enough, I’ve been assigned to a special unit. We are five now. Along with me, there are people as different as Lord Crumpet, a very English gentleman obsessed with tea which caused a very good impression on me since we first met, and Jake Featherstone, a madman (sociopath, they say) obsessed with artillery. But he is our intel liaison, and he always has a handful of grenades ready. There is also Zered Spy, a lonely Uprising veteran, who often goes solo in the missions. Or so they say. The last member is Eva Hootyen, a mysterious woman.
Lord Crumpet has a couple of guys under his command, and Eva has a light tank for troop transport.

Entry 1

Simulation

Well, today I had my first simulation. The rest of the unit had already had a couple of them, and they say it’s probably the last one. We were on the roof of a 6 stories high builing, and we had to free some hostages. I had no weapons more than my knife, so Crumpet gave me his pistol. Eva had her BTC stationed in a parking lot not too far away, and we all went downstairs. Well, Zered chose to go on his own and descended to the 3rd floor.
Then we explored the building one story at a time. Zered killed three thugs and freed some hostages, at the same time that we killed those in the top floor. Oh, and Jenkins, one of Crumpet’s servants, nearly got us killed by warning the enemy. He YELLED at them.
But, long story short, we cleared the whole building easily... until we reached the 2nd floor. Zered was already there, and he had managed to get a hostage killed, and another one to have a finger cut. Then we all stormed the room, and killed several people. Except for me, who wanted to make a spectacular entry with the elevator and ended up coughing in a cloud of smoke... For Christ’s sake, what was I thinking? SERIOUSLY! What an idiocy.

Entry 2

Oh my God. The guys already landed. They had fun, for what I’ve heard, while I was here, taking some last minute physical checking tests. Argh.

Journal Post

Well, this has been an interesting night. Certainly more interesting than the party. Heree, at the anniversary of the end of the Second Mage War, we seem to be on the of a new war. Even with such a small force, these - invaders is the best I can call them - seem to have quite an arsenal at their disposal. This is truly worrisome. The warmaster at Clement seems to believe that the invaders are Aerilian, but I know better. They don't look like Aerilians, fight like Aerilians, or even sound like Aerilians. And I know for certain that the Aerilians could not possess such, beasts? machines? as those which had landed several miles outside Mount Clement. Either way, we shall soon discover who they are. Damn, I'm getting to old for this.

EDITED. Ignore.

I will not tolerate attempts to stir up drama and provoke a fight in my game.

Trajan loses 2SP in whatever form seems best to Arya.

1 further SP lost for attempting to argue with The Man's ruling in chat.

Trajan is banned from missions until he records the loss of 3SP.

-The Man

Furthermore, I only said "no mission tonight." You are the one who blew this up into a massive issue spanning me being pissed at Omega, "begging for forgiveness" and "no Fed missions until March" and telling me to calm the hell down when all I said was "no Fed mission tonight."

Fed mission this afternoon(going down for a nap here soon so I don't know when), potential Haven mission tonight at say 6 or 7.

-L

There is tea on this rock.

There is Tea on this Rock!

THERE IS TEA ON THIS ROCK!!!

I would never gave seen it coming. Tea! On an alien planet light-years from Earth! How did it get here? Did it evolve naturally? Is it even really tea, or just a near identical native plant? How is it possible?

And this isn’t some minor amount, but a full box of tea leaves! Proper tea leaves! Not teabags like the federation issues! A full box of proper tea leaves! On an alien planet! I would never have believed it possible. But it is actually here. I have tasted it. A proper cup of tea, out here where the federation will never send it. Where before I might have complained, now we have enough tea to last the squad for a week or more! It is unbelievable.

Of course, it wasn’t a perfect acquisition. We were working with the regulars again. Just a pair of ordinary Ground-Pounders this time. One of which is a conscript, hardly the first person one would expect to be accompanying a special forces squad. Of course, she wasn’t as bad as one might expect. It was the other one who caused all the problems.

Longstern got hit in the initial attack, and slowed us down for a while, even after I bandaged him up. And he didn’t manage to take out a single enemy soldier, stopping in every room to check for equipment even before it was secured. It might have been understandable if he’d waited, but he spent so much time fooling around that the Squad had finished up before he even reached the second floor! And then he shot a civilian! In cold blood no less! After a rather dramatic failure to capture her, he shot her in the back as she fled! Not cricket at all! Bloody Ground-Pounders!
Of course, otherwise it was a fairly textbook run. We got in the gates with a little distraction from the flyboys, and cleared out the outer defences no problems. Except Longstern. Once we were inside we went room to room, cleared the building within a few minutes. Had a bit of a scrap on the second floor, and took a hit, but luckily my armour stopped the worst of it. Notably, the enemy were putting up their strongest defence in the same room as the tea! Perhaps not a coincidence? Of course, once we secured the area it was all good. We all had a cuppa to celebrate, and sent what info we could find back to HQ.

Another unusual thing though; found a pair of gemstones which seem to be glowing. Not Radioactive as far as we can tell, or dangerous in any other way, but certainly unusual. Maybe they are good for something, but I couldn’t say what exactly. Hopefully command will figure it out, they’re the ones with the experts after all. Ah well, time for another cup of tea. MacDonald might not like it particularly, but all the more for the rest of us!

-----

TEA!!! Still haven't faced an opponent capable of stopping us, and we barely used air support this time. See yah in hell yah native scums! ;)

DT
Invisible Tophat :cool:

TEA!!! Still haven't faced an opponent capable of stopping us, and we barely used air support this time. See yah in hell yah native scums! ;)

DT
Invisible Tophat :cool:

Thats because you haven't met Remy, Trajan, or Richard yet :p . Nor a dragon....nor an Oracle....may I go on Lord Crumper? :p

I will enjoy seeing you on the field of battle most honorable crumper.

Another hour, another advance. We hit the road just after taking the fortress, heading south to the local population centre. Met up with even more regulars for this, HQ doesn’t seem to realise we are a stealth unit. Bloody ellies can be heard half a mile away, and most of these ground-ponders aren’t much better. Still, have to keep a stiff upper lip. At least they can put a few more bullets in the air.

Not that they have much sense. We got word of enemy troops heading our way, and I tried to set up an ambush. Bloody ellies ruined that though. And then the conscript runs off ahead! A scout, she says. Doesn’t she realise we have orbital observation? We don’t need scouts here! Not that anybody seemed to take that into consideration.

She couldn’t even keep out of combat. It’s a forest! All you have to do is hide behind a tree! She couldn’t even do that! We heard shots, and got a request for backup, so we had to run off after her. By the time we got there she’d taken a bullet, and was hardly still going. Not that she was the only one to get hit. We’d run out of our position, and Jenkins took one on the way there. A nasty scratch, but only threw off his aim a bit. Then I took another one! Luckily the armour stopped it, but it seems every time I work with these fellows I take a bullet. No idea of how to cover each other, and definitely not of how to stay hidden.

Still, cleared out the first bunch fairly easily otherwise. Conscript at least had the sense to sling a flash bang at ‘em, and that kept them still long enough for a few mortar rounds to find them. After that, we mopped up fairly easily.

And then I took another hit! From behind! How many people were behind me? 6 more Ground Pounders and a bloody BTR! How many of them were watching our backs? None! 3 more of the blighters got behind us and started up! Nobody even noticed them until I was hit! Dang lucky, could have killed me if it wasn’t for this armour. I haven’t had a call that close since the last Great War!

We took ‘em out fairly quickly once were alerted to them, but it was utterly appalling how USELESS our support was! Didn’t even notice the enemy, and some of them never even fired a shot! We fought off at least 30 Hostiles and we had 4 men and a bloody elly never engaged!

Bloody Useless Regulars!

-----

That was a slightly less textbook operation. Several of our guys did nothing, nobody saw the guys sneaking up behind us, and Omega's little scouting trip pulled us all out of a nice defensive position. Of course, we still rolled over the guys in front of us, and the guys behind us went down pretty quick after we found out about them. All yah native scums might have a good chance if we're fighting like that when we meet you. :(

DT
Invisible Tophat! :cool:

Damn that fool to hell and gone! We might have gleaned more information from the prisoner's if that damn moron Diggler* hadn't shot the one in the leg and gotten us kicked out! Sigh. Anyways, what little I did gather confirmed my suspicions: these men are not Aerilians. They must have come from the stars, as one of my old superiors kept claiming. And here I always thought he was insane. Anyways, I managed to convince the warmaster that my point has validity, though only a fool would think the Aerilians are capable of such a stunt. Now that I think of it, I should have mentioned what I heard about the Invaders begin everywhere...

*Dai-Salazar

Today...or last night was glorious. I'm not quite sure. Things I've done today (or last night): Used words to make a dragon disappear, had a man shot and completely got away with it, #OccupyDungeonPool, and spread the word of Santa Christ to a band of traveling travelers (TRAVELERS!). In any case, I am fairly sure that I am the only one approaching a level of competence and I must act accordingly.

So, quite a long log, encompasses two fed missions (in one of which I didn't participate) :p
The Diaries of James Longstern said:
Entry 3

Hell. Today, it was like hell in my mind. Because I did something I can’t even imagine how despicable it is. I just killed a civilian. An unarmed civilian. I killed a darn maid! But I should explain what else happened, really.
After I landed yesterday, I went to a ruined outpost which seems to be some sort of base for our squad, although I don’t think it will be for a long time. Eva, Zered and Featherstone weren’t there, so Crumpet and his doods, along with Maria (forgot to introduce her, I met her after writing the entry) and me, had to go to a mission on our own. Our mission was to take and clear a fortress south of the outpost. We approached the entrance stealthily, and used a Bomb Strike on the South Tower as a diversion. But, a single havenite saw us, and fired his rifle. Guess who got shot? Yay, me. So I got quite pissed, not to say mad to kill havenites and loot their corpses. We made it into the fortress, clearing the walls and towers of guards. Actually, I killed no guards. Maria, Crumpet and company killed all havenite soldiers.
We got to the North tower, where the 3 havenite guards lay dead after Crumpet threw a grenade into the tower. I went and, as first contact with Haven population, I looted their corpses. They were partially burnt, and their bodies smelled slightly like... bacon. I don’t think I’ll ever eat bacon again. I took *Ugh* a havenite rifle and a couple of strange, glowing, stones. So we moved on. Jenkins and MacDonald, Crumpet’s two favourite thugs, checked and cleared the South Tower, while Maria ran into the main tower. There were the maids. The first havenites we encountered that were not to be killed. I wanted to question them about the stones, but they wouldn’t understand English. One of them tried to run, so I grabbed her, to hold her prisoner and to try and decipher their language.

Then, all happened. Too quickly, really. She kicked me in my... genitalia. At first, I felt nothing, but a pulse went along my spine and loosened my grip, so the maid freed herself. I was looking her in the eyes, and I could see a mix of fear, rage, and pride. THEN is when I started feeling the pain. Stronger than I had ever felt any pain, not even the shot, it took my body. At the same time, along with the pain, rage took over my soul; I felt the muscles in my face tight and drooled a little bit. When it reached my eyes, the maid was starting to run, and all pride was gone. Only fear was left. Before even realising, I had the gun in my hand, and shot her. There was no need to aim the gun really. My anger was such that it was effectively driving the bullet through the air... and impacted on the maid. On her back. It killed her. And I thought: “The ***** deserved it”. It was then that I realised what I had done. My being self had its balance restored, and one half of it was repeatedly congratulating himself for the kill, while the other was too concerned to do anything. So I just stood there, holding the gun and staring at a dead maid, when Maria slapped me. She pulled me buck of my state of shock and trance and we went on.

What happened next? Crumpet and his guys cleared the building while Maria and I searched it. Maria found a man in a bathroom, and captured him. I was with Crumpet in a room with a throne. I searched it and found a broadsword, while Crumpet photographed pretty much everything. Then Maria requested me to help deciphering Havenian while Crumpet and company followed the maids, cleared the rest of the building and found a crate full of... tea. It was madness. We all had a cup and then rested.

Entry 4

I wanted to psychoanalyse myself today. My conclusions lead me to chew some cordite to avoid going out on a mission today. I succeeded. I earned myself some time to rest, think, and calm down.

RIP
Private J. L. Frederick
2002-2029
Who was taken too soon
From this new World

We will miss you.

:cry::cry::cry:

DT
Not Medic Enough :(

Top Bottom